03/04 insurance rate...WTF!?!

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I didn't see any posts on this so I thought i'd as you guys. What are you guys paying for full coverage on your Cobras. I called this morning because I have been looking at buying an 04, but after I got my quote I don't see how I can afford it. Now I am 36 years old, no tickets, no accidents in years, clean record, and I live out where Christ lost his shoes. For me, I would have to pay $2640 every six months to own a Cobra...$5280 a YEAR for car insurance. :kaboom:

Not in this lifetime. I called Heacock and they are working a quote for me right now

docjupa24

livin the dream
Established Member
insurance cost

Mine for an 03 vert is 1600 year through erie insurance, since i don't drive much now i have it through hagerty collector car insurance, only 500/year for full coverage and agreed value, hope that helps.........

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is crazy, according to the personal data your provided. With one accident I paid approximately $700. a year for my '03 Cobra with Allstate.

Stangcharger

forged 4.2L v6
Established Member
i have zero points on my license and i was quoted $210 a month from state farm for an 03 cobra. I dont have one but i was curious for awhile.

course im only 21 so it will be higher for me until i hit 24.

lucheski

Established Member
I am 26 with good driving record, my insurance was 117/mo. Since I added a beater car to my policy my insurance dropped to $53/mo I have geico and the cobra is full coverage with $250 ded

Jefe

Established Member
You couldnt of possible tried searching. Theres a new thread about insurance every week.

If you have a spotless record(no claims/tickets) and lots of prior insurance, you shouldnt be paying more than $130/mo on a Cobra. Especially being 35. Stop calling the no namer companies and call Farmers/State Farm/Allstate/Geico and make sure you get a quote for everything you need insured and not just the Cobra. Discounts stack the more policies you have!

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
That's so wrong. You must start an anti (insert insurance company name) website! :lol: JK, but still absolutely crazy nonetheless!

Call around and you will definitely get a much better deal than that! It is just waiting for you out there in the insurance industry. Progessive and Geico have pretty good internet websites for quotes.

I am a little bit younger than you with a not so perfect driving record, but I pay less than half of that non sense quote for 3 vehicles with All State. 03 Cobra, 03 Excursion Limited 4x4, and 89 Taurus SHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
When I bought mine I was 45. I priced State Farm first. $1,590.00 every 6 months. I then called Liberty Mutual and they quoted me $1,190.00 per YEAR same coverage. With your age and driving record your quotes should not be that high. What about your credit rating? Thats where they can get you know. The higher your credit score the better you car/home insurance rates.

dragon40k

Established Member
I pay about $70 a month for the cobra as a non-daily driver (7500 miles a year or less) in a location not too far from bernville (I've been there) You are near of age to me you should see a similar rate I'd think.

divided

Established Member
Wow! Thats insane. Im 24 no accidents/tickets and i pay 89 a month for full coverage. Used to pay 110 through Mercury.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
ok to clean some stuff up...I have Progressive right now, and have been with them since '98. They are the ones who quoted me the $5280 a year. Geico was just under $5,000 a year, and State Farm was about the same coming in at just over $4800 a year. What pisses me off is when i call to get quotes they clowns ALL made a point of mentioning my last 2 accidents (97 and 00). I made the statemenrt I thought in the insurance industry, after 3 years all accidents are off the record. I got the same canned response "Yes they are, we simply use the info to verify your identity". BS, if you are telling me it shows up, there is some bearing on my rates. Heacock collector car insurance quoted me $660 a year with a 7500 mile policy, car use from April till October. I just don't like being told when I can and can't drive the car.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Okay, Thats a Damn rip off. My wife and I own a 99 lightning and a 03 vert cobra. Every three months we pay 363.00 for both those and a nissan 240 sx. We have full coverage on both the L and the Cobra. So I think you are getting a bogus estimate.

vettekiller

One Bad A$$ Rider
Established Member
Insurance

I pay $130 a month for Full Coverage, Towing, Car Rental, Roadside Assistance, $250 deductible, 300,000/500,000 limits.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Im (just turned last month)25, married, clean driving record, full coverage plus a BUNCH of extra stuff on my insurence, 250 deductible. roadside, rental, extra coverage, extra for passengers, extra liability, and anyone i let drive the car.

on the 03 cobra coupe I pay $86 a month or just over $1000 a year.
The 08 gt500 is around $12 more a month at a little over 98 a month.

INsurance is from state farm but I also have my house insurance and my wifes 07 500 there also which gives me 2 more discounts on top of the discounts of being married and a clean driving record. After I turned 25 it only dropped $18.

Last edited:

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
I pay $160 a month for the cobra and $150 a month for my GT. this is under my dads name because you wouldn’t believe how much I would be paying without his help @ 20 years old which is when i bought the cars

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread