02 SS vs. Roush Mustang

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Delusional?
There will be no 14 sec. slips with his basically 320rwhp package, unless..

A) He can't launch
B) He misses a shift.

I'm betting he will do both, A and B! :D

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Well then, using that logic, we all have 14 sec. cars here.

Actually, I can do both A and B and stay in the 12's. :D

I also do both... shit happens! :-D

corysmach1

Established Member
I never really rev at people unless I know them, I will ony rev if they rev at me, sometimes I will not even do that sometimes depends on the mood I am in. There is some fast GT's out there but not to many of them. LS-1 's are sweet cars.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Hate to burst your bubble but your camaro wont pull more than a 13.5 if your really lucky. Its a really nice car but at this altitude N/A will eat you up. I have seen a ZL1 race at bandimere at If I remember it could only run 12.9 Thats not even fast enough for king street. There are some local gt's and ricers faster than that. (saw a neon run 12.3 and get faster through out the day) Theres a cobra running 11.5 with the basic bolt-ons(pulley,cai,exhaust) I have a buddy running 10.9s and he went to kansas and was pulling 9.8s so the altitude is a real killer. This was a 71 chevelle with a race weight around 3500#?(cant remember right now)

Those are some nice cars but not as fast as everyone thinks but what do I know I drive a focus:shrug:

380SS

Established Member
Originally posted by ZOSO
Hate to burst your bubble but your camaro wont pull more than a 13.5 if your really lucky. Its a really nice car but at this altitude N/A will eat you up. I have seen a ZL1 race at bandimere at If I remember it could only run 12.9 Thats not even fast enough for king street. There are some local gt's and ricers faster than that. (saw a neon run 12.3 and get faster through out the day) Theres a cobra running 11.5 with the basic bolt-ons(pulley,cai,exhaust) I have a buddy running 10.9s and he went to kansas and was pulling 9.8s so the altitude is a real killer. This was a 71 chevelle with a race weight around 3500#?(cant remember right now)

Those are some nice cars but not as fast as everyone thinks but what do I know I drive a focus:shrug:

You didn't bust anyone's bubble. I never said my car would run 12's or 13's. I know about this altitude. I said I seriously doubt that it will run 14s or 15's.

There's a GT guy here on post that wants to run me bad. He's got all these mods done. Claims he's running over 400hp. I will dust him off and drag him to the board to appoligize to me. Or vice versa :-D

joegt38

Established Member
GTs are slow ;-), It has no chance in hell of taking an LS1. Even w/ 5000hp :bowdown: .........................But its all good:beer:

Last edited:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Originally posted by ZOSO

Altitude will do that to a non-forced induction car, but what do I know, I live in Miami....:coolman:

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
I have a few things to say:

1. The new GT's are like LT1's, with simple mods some can run low 13's, some run high 13's or still in the 14's. I am very impressed with them, especially considering how bad the 94-98 GT's sucked stock.

2. 380SS might run a 14 in his high altitude but his corrected time if driven properly should be in the mid-high 12's.

3. Everybody gets a crappy slip at one point or another, this isnt about the worst time he can run, its about what he will/can run.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Ah... bench racing at its finest. LOL... Who gives a F if a GT with 4.10s can beat his 380SS in the 1/8th mile. 1/8th mile racing = gay. End of the story.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Ah... bench racing at its finest. LOL... Who gives a F if a GT with 4.10s can beat his 380SS in the 1/8th mile. 1/8th mile racing = gay. End of the story.

:lol:

I agree that internet racing is gay, but I just had to bust this SS guys balls... I mean he comes on a Mustang site and talks shit but hasn't even took it to the track yet!

Altitude or not.. I wouldn't pay 40K for a 320rwhp car... but maybe that is just me! :shrug:

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by ScaryGT

Altitude or not.. I wouldn't pay 40K for a 320rwhp car... but maybe that is just me! :shrug:
That's just you.

Corvette is over $40,000 new and has about that much rwhp. It's not always about how much hp a car has.

scraggsds

Originally posted by 380SS
Still doesn't add up in my opinion. A GT, stock, is giving up close to 100hp to a stock LS1. I think it weights a couple hundred pounds more too. Apparently he just needs his
A$$ dusted a few times by an LS1 before he wakes up. I must admit getting rev'd at by a ricer has to be a total insult, never been farted-on by a ricer. However, I will submit that there are some rice'd out cars that can and will compete. Few, but they do exist.

How do you figure 100hp the GT is giving up to an LS1? Which LS1 vette, camaro Z28 or SS, T/A, The all are rated differently. A typical GT may be giving up 120hp to your TOM HENRY SS But lets see put your car against a Saleen 281-E, 425hp. Stage 3 Roush, Steeda 400-Q Now who is giving up horsepower to who, I will admit a stock GT will get beat by Stock SS but who buys these cars and leaves them stock if they plan on racing them? I dont mean to be a dick but Chevrolet measures HP at the flywheel just like ford. I am actually a fan of the SS's but Im a blue oval fan. I race Modded LS1's in my modded 5.0 and sometimes I get beat and sometimes they get beat.

scraggsds

Originally posted by 380SS
I'd be willing to bet that my car will not be any where near the 14's. I seriously doubt a lightly Mod'ed GT could handle a stock LS1. It would have to be heavily mod'ed, i.e. Super Charger, etc. Oh wait that would be a Cobra.

As for seeing your taillights in a race, I guess we'll never know unless of course you live in CO.

Oh wait, that would be the Cobra thats supercharged, F*CK YOU AND QUIT WHINNING PUNK, YOUR CAR IS NICE AND I BET IT IS FAST, THE COBRA HAS 281 CUBIC INCHES, TRY YOUR LUCK ON A FOX BODY WITH 351 N/A AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, AND IN CO YOUR CAR WILL RUN LOW 14'S HIGH 13'S. DEPENDING ON YOUR DRIVING SKILLS. If ever read very many magazines you would see the "Altitude corrected" times. As far as LS1's being underated I would say they are about dead on. And you seriously doubt a lightly modded GT can handle a stock LS1, dude you seriously need to have your head examined.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by dscraggs
Oh wait, that would be the Cobra thats supercharged, F*CK YOU AND QUIT WHINNING PUNK, YOUR CAR IS NICE AND I BET IT IS FAST, THE COBRA HAS 281 CUBIC INCHES, TRY YOUR LUCK ON A FOX BODY WITH 351 N/A AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, AND IN CO YOUR CAR WILL RUN LOW 14'S HIGH 13'S. DEPENDING ON YOUR DRIVING SKILLS. If ever read very many magazines you would see the "Altitude corrected" times. As far as LS1's being underated I would say they are about dead on. And you seriously doubt a lightly modded GT can handle a stock LS1, dude you seriously need to have your head examined.

chill out ***:bored:

scraggsds

Im not stessin' it just pisses me off b/c alot of F-Body drivers think their car cant be beaten, I give the LS1 Props its a great engine but so is the Ford Modular. Makes as much power with less cubes. Ill be dead honest with you, my lightly modded 5.0 can run right with a lightly modded LS1. I get beat just as much as I win, 380SS you do have a sweet car and I think about getting a LS1 SS eveytime I see one and then I talk to someone like you who tries to race someone from a red light thats turning? Why didnt you just roll out easy and wait for him to get beside you and let him know you want some, he may have dealt you an ass whoopin'. Doubtful b/c you have a fast car, there is no doubt about that. Probally faster then mine. Just dont say dumb stuff like a "A stock GT give up 100hp to a stock LS1" Because you are wrong. LS1 Z28 is rated at 280hp. Mustang GT rated at 260. SS LS1 rated at 340. Mach1 is rated at 305, Vette ZO6 405hp 03 Cobra 390, T/A's may not be exactly the same but they are close to that. Sorry If i gave you the wrong idea but I hate it one someone starts to say the Mustang dont even compare to the Camaro b/c it does.

Quick question, which one came first? Mustang, which one is still in Production? Mustang, there is a reason for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Originally posted by dscraggs
Im not stessin' it just pisses me off b/c alot of F-Body drivers think their car cant be beaten, I give the LS1 Props its a great engine but so is the Ford Modular. Makes as much power with less cubes. Ill be dead honest with you, my lightly modded 5.0 can run right with a lightly modded LS1. I get beat just as much as I win, 380SS you do have a sweet car and I think about getting a LS1 SS eveytime I see one and then I talk to someone like you who tries to race someone from a red light thats turning? Why didnt you just roll out easy and wait for him to get beside you and let him know you want some, he may have dealt you an ass whoopin'. Doubtful b/c you have a fast car, there is no doubt about that. Probally faster then mine. Just dont say dumb stuff like a "A stock GT give up 100hp to a stock LS1" Because you are wrong. LS1 Z28 is rated at 280hp. Mustang GT rated at 260. SS LS1 rated at 340. Mach1 is rated at 305, Vette ZO6 405hp 03 Cobra 390, T/A's may not be exactly the same but they are close to that. Sorry If i gave you the wrong idea but I hate it one someone starts to say the Mustang dont even compare to the Camaro b/c it does.

Quick question, which one came first? Mustang, which one is still in Production? Mustang, there is a reason for that.

Where in the hell did you get your HP ratings from?
Not even close.
98-99 Z28/Trans Am rated at 305
00-02 Z28/Trans Am rated at 310
98-99 Ws6/SS rated at 320
00-02 Ws6/SS rated at 325
Depending on SLP options the SS/Ws6 could be rated higher...some SS's are rated at 345, same with Firehawks

An LT1 Z28 is rated at 275 hp from 93-95, and 96-96 rated at 285.
You could get an LT1 SS or Ws6 rated at 305hp, or an LT4 rated at 330.

It is well known that the LS1's are underated, while the LT1's are just about right on. I personally know a guy with an 02 SS that dynoed 319 rwhp stock. What do you consider a lightly modded GT? That is a general term.

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
A good match is something like this.

99+GTs = 93-97 LT1

Mach & 99,01 Cobras = 98-02 LS1s

03/04 Cobras = z06s Kinda. 03/04 Cobras are between the ws6/ss & z06.

Users who are viewing this thread