02 SS vs. Roush Mustang

380SS

Established Member
Originally posted by joegt38
Have you ever ran your car yet? The S/C Roush runs high 12s w/ good traction.

No I haven't yet. Gotta find a track here in CO. I heard there was one down in Peblo, CO. But haven't been there yet.

s o u n d

Established Member
Live in the now, man. The Camaro ain't coming back anytime soon, if at all, and I haven't read Chevy say anything different in a while. If I'm wrong, post a link and let me know. Whether it has great performance or not, they don't make them anymore for one simple reason, they don't sell. The numbers on the Camaro/Firebird have continually declined over the years and I don't see GM taking the risk again in the near future. They're doing well enough selling trucks and SUV's, what do they need those F bodies for that didn't sell anyway?

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Originally posted by 380SS
Thanks for the comments by all. GMMG did the following.

LS6 intake, underdrive pulley's, MAF, ported exhaust, high flow lid, made the hurst shifter though shorter, and added the 3.73 gears. ...

LS6 intake was stock on all '01 and '02 F-bods. Did they do any porting to it?
Anyhow, nice ride and love them wheels.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
I like your Tom & Jerry Camaro. Oops... I meant Tom Henry Camaro. Looks mean!

Btw, those Roush Stage III are still pretty slow. I think they are only rated at 360 BHP. You should still cream them.

vipergts281

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake

Btw, those Roush Stage III are still pretty slow. I think they are only rated at 360 BHP
LOL, no they aren't. Have you ever driven one?

A stock Stage 3 will hang with a stock 03 Cobra......if it can't, it will be a extremely close race. I bet with a good driver a Stage 3 will run faster than a stock 03 at the track. Thanks to the solid axle.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Still doesn't add up in my opinion. A GT, stock, is giving up close to 100hp to a stock LS1. I think it weights a couple hundred pounds more too. Apparently he just needs his
A$$ dusted a few times by an LS1 before he wakes up. I must admit getting rev'd at by a ricer has to be a total insult, never been farted-on by a ricer. However, I will submit that there are some rice'd out cars that can and will compete. Few, but they do exist.

Pretty big words from someone that hasn't even driven his SS at the track. You get a lighlty modded GT with 4.10s and a good driver and they will beat a stock SS. Heck I could beat SS's to the 1/8th with just 4.10s and cold air! I'd be willing to bet that you will be lucky to run low 13s in that car. Oh and at Colorado with that altitude you will get real shitty track times. You are going to be so dissapointed when you go to the track and realize that you are running 14s and 15s. I also don't see how a catback can add like 50 fwhp to your car. I've added a Loud Mouth to my wifes Trans Am and it maybe added 10 or so.

Granted I love your car and all domestics, but if I rev at you and you take the challange all that you will see is my GT's tail lights! :rockon:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by ScaryGT
Pretty big words from someone that hasn't even driven his SS at the track. You get a lighlty modded GT with 4.10s and a good driver and they will beat a stock SS. Heck I could beat SS's to the 1/8th with just 4.10s and cold air! I'd be willing to bet that you will be lucky to run low 13s in that car. Oh and at Colorado with that altitude you will get real shitty track times. You are going to be so dissapointed when you go to the track and realize that you are running 14s and 15s. I also don't see how a catback can add like 50 fwhp to your car. I've added a Loud Mouth to my wifes Trans Am and it maybe added 10 or so.

Granted I love your car and all domestics, but if I rev at you and you take the challange all that you will see is my GT's tail lights! :rockon:

given equal drivers, Ill have to see a Gt w/ 410's beat any LS1...

the 1/8 w 4:10's is not the same as the 1/4

ls1's are underated, come 340bhp if not more stock.

~5 pullies, ~5 MAF, ~10-12 lid, ~15 catb
380bhp sounds about right

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
given equal drivers, Ill have to see a Gt w/ 410's beat any LS1...

the 1/8 w 4:10's is not the same as the 1/4

ls1's are underated, come 340bhp if not more stock.

~5 pullies, ~5 MAF, ~10-12 lid, ~15 catb
380bhp sounds about right

You don't get out much do you? There are a bunch of bolt on NA GTs running low 12's and some in the 11's. All they need to do is some weight reduction and do some suspension mods...

I know the 1/8th is not the same as the 1/4... after the 1/8th is when is when the LS1's would reel me in! :D I'm just saying that the LS1 is quick, but they aren't really that fast. My wife's Trans Am only feels fast to me after I've been driving our mini-van for a while! :rockon:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
You don't get out much do you? There are a bunch of bolt on NA GTs running low 12's and some in the 11's. All they need to do is some weight reduction and do some suspension mods...

thats wonderful.

we're talking about cai and 4:10's.

you dont think bolton ls1's are in the 11's...

I know the 1/8th is not the same as the 1/4... after the 1/8th is when is when the LS1's would reel me in! :D

the point i was trying to make
:sleeping:

ScaryGT

Established Member
thats wonderful.

we're talking about cai and 4:10's.

you dont think bolton ls1's are in the 11's...

the point i was trying to make
:sleeping:

I didn't say that there weren't any bolt on LS1's in the 11's. You said that a GT never beats an LS1; I told you they do.

Me as cai and 4.10s full weight ran 13.6... that is on par with the average LS1 stock 6 speed.

Dude, I have an ls1 and like it... but I tend to like the Mustang better.... If you're willing to spend some cash you can make either car freaking fly!

Domestic's rule! :rockon:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
You said that a GT never beats an LS1; I told you they do.

what are you talking about buddy

I said this:

"given equal drivers, Ill have to see a Gt w/ 410's beat any LS1... "

i dont know why you would type that shit..

ScaryGT

Established Member
what are you talking about buddy

I said this:

"given equal drivers, Ill have to see a Gt w/ 410's beat any LS1... "

i dont know why you would type that shit..

Well, I hope you see it soon because it happens!

Enjoy your ride, Scary :coolman:

380SS

Established Member

I'd be willing to bet that my car will not be any where near the 14's. I seriously doubt a lightly Mod'ed GT could handle a stock LS1. It would have to be heavily mod'ed, i.e. Super Charger, etc. Oh wait that would be a Cobra.

As for seeing your taillights in a race, I guess we'll never know unless of course you live in CO.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member

One more thing, I don't mind playing with Cobra's and or Roush's, but those stock GT guys need to stop acting like they have something under the hood. Just the other day I was driving on post (military) going one way while the GT guy was heading towards me. As we pass each other he decides to race his engine. I just smiled.

Originally posted by joegt38
myfault
I thought the Roush stage 1 is only a GT w/ intake and side xhaust w/ a body kit. The stage 3 are the supercharged ones.

Thats what I was thinking too. Good kill :loser:

ScaryGT

Established Member
I'd be willing to bet that my car will not be any where near the 14's. I seriously doubt a lightly Mod'ed GT could handle a stock LS1. It would have to be heavily mod'ed, i.e. Super Charger, etc. Oh wait that would be a Cobra.

As for seeing your taillights in a race, I guess we'll never know unless of course you live in CO.

Goto the track and then post up your times. I'll bet you that you will get one 14 second run! :-D And about your other comment..... typical delusional F-body owner! :loser:

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
Goto the track and then post up your times. I'll bet you that you will get one 14 second run! :-D And about your other comment..... typical delusional F-body owner! :loser:

Delusional?
There will be no 14 sec. slips with his basically 320rwhp package, unless..

A) He can't launch
B) He misses a shift.

Users who are viewing this thread