0.02g of pot, you are going to jail, and a few other details...welcome to texas

nxhappy

Established Member
I could care less if they legalize weed. I will not do it. That said, I am a firm believer that the issue holding the legalization of weed back nationwide is an ability to test if a person is current under the influence. We can test of a person smoked within x days but that does nothing to tell us if they are currently under the influence like we can with alcohol. A field sobriety test is subjective that can be successfully fought in court without the BAC.

ummm...not really hard to tell if somebody is high or not. Just like alcohol, cops can just look at your eyes, and know instantly.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
May I ask the job, because that's complete bullshit. I don't give a flying **** how much you pay me to deal with that shit.

Hospital. Company wide policy, though you can bet your ass doctors there get away with it.

I can say without a doubt if I ran a business I would do the same. Every smoker I have worked with takes x4 the breaks. That plus increased health care costs means a ton of company money.

They do it officially because of patients with lung issues. They started with a no smoking while at work policy but if course people went to cars or snuck one in a stairwell.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
ummm...not really hard to tell if somebody is high or not. Just like alcohol, cops can just look at your eyes, and know instantly.

Allergies can cause the same reaction. Ask any officer, a field sobriety test is subjective. A good lawyer can easily argue against the field test.

Vision issues, balance issues, inner ear issues, allergies, speech impediments can all be arguments to beat a field sobriety test.

There are medical issues that can cause false readings on breathalyzers.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Hospital. Company wide policy, though you can bet your ass doctors there get away with it.

I can say without a doubt if I ran a business I would do the same. Every smoker I have worked with takes x4 the breaks. That plus increased health care costs means a ton of company money.

They do it officially because of patients with lung issues. They started with a no smoking while at work policy but if course people went to cars or snuck one in a stairwell.

Got it. Not sure the area hospitals do the same, because I see the nurses across the streets in the designated smoking areas from the buildings.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Wrong. I've been pulled over and did the run through for a DUI stop ( no I wasn't drunk, buzzed, etc) but I admitted to having 1 beer as I figure I would be honest. They decided to do the whole run through..

Well I have hyperthyroidism/graves disease. So my hands shake, and when they did the vision test my eyes shake and twitch.

Due to that they made me blow. No biggie passed easily.

So no... Just looking at eyes says nothing

Users who are viewing this thread