0.02g of pot, you are going to jail, and a few other details...welcome to texas

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Just because you don't think weed should be legal does not mean you get to break the law. The people of that state elected folks who made it illegal. If you want to smoke weed without hassles move to a state where it is legal. If you don't and you get busted, don't cry about it.

She's not crying about the weed, they ****ing cavity searched her in public view. You don't see the issue with that?

Branhammer

Established Member
They need to just legalize all drugs and stop wasting my ****ing tax dollars on the "war on drugs." Doesn't mean companies have to allow their employees to do drugs or anything like that. If you want to do drugs in the privacy of your own home, so be it, and you can suffer the consequences of your actions. Give people the option: either be employed/healthy or be a drug addict and possibly die. That way, Darwinism could start running it's course again like nature intended.

SirJAG

Established Member
no sir, loading a G in a bowl, with a top pack of keif, and ripping it in one hit, thats some next level shit sir! (no i have never even attempted it lol)

VenomVeins

Established Member
They need to just legalize all drugs and stop wasting my ****ing tax dollars on the "war on drugs." Doesn't mean companies have to allow their employees to do drugs or anything like that. If you want to do drugs in the privacy of your own home, so be it, and you can suffer the consequences of your actions. Give people the option: either be employed/healthy or be a drug addict and possibly die. That way, Darwinism could start running it's course again like nature intended.

THIS X 65000

Cavity search in public over this? That is some serious ****ing bullshit. No ****ing way that should have happened.

Rct851

Established Member
no sir, loading a G in a bowl, with a top pack of keif, and ripping it in one hit, thats some next level shit sir! (no i have never even attempted it lol)
I'll go to the looney bin with you lol.

I know this is a tired argument but for those opposed to full legalization are you always in favor of making tobacco and alcohol illegal? Maybe I'm simple I just don't see the difference.

One thing I know for sure is that politicians really rely on fundraising events. Good luck getting people to donate sober. If weed made people spend a little more freely I guarantee there would be pre rolled joints at those fundraisers

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
She hired an attorney hopefully she gets a fat check for that public cavity search.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
They can legalize all they want, so long as the same legislation says zero tax dollars go to any sort of rehab.

That's the rub. I can see pot getting legalized, if you're going to rehab for pot something is seriously ****ed anyway. But the rest, I don't want to pay for.

Branhammer

Established Member
They can legalize all they want, so long as the same legislation says zero tax dollars go to any sort of rehab.

That's the rub. I can see pot getting legalized, if you're going to rehab for pot something is seriously ****ed anyway. But the rest, I don't want to pay for.

Yes I absolutely agree with this. Legalize all drugs and it is 100% on YOU if you want to do them. No govt money goes towards drugs or addicts in any way, shape, or form. Not to mention the tax dollars that would be made on the sale of drugs. With all the dumb asses in this country, our national debt would probably be paid off in a few years.

Coiled03

Established Member
With all the dumb asses in this country, our national debt would probably be paid off in a few years.

Yeah....assuming that's what the money actually went towards. We all know it would just be used to line the pockets of politicians.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

If legalized though, the only way companies can fire you for it is if you show up baked/high/etc (much like showing up drunk). They cant screen for it prior to employment because that would be like screening and denying someone employment because of alcohol.

Also, im not sure if you are trying to infer that all drug users are eventually unemployed, unhealthy and die off.......surely you wouldnt.

Im with you though, the war on drugs is stupid and only stems to produce employment opportunities and justification for spending gratuitous amounts of tax dollars for a number of entities with no real results.

cbj5259

Established Member

Ah...but then since it is an addiction it becomes a "disease" and people with diseases must be helped by your tax dollars if they cannot afford insurance (according to the left).

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
If legalized though, the only way companies can fire you for it is if you show up baked/high/etc (much like showing up drunk). They cant screen for it prior to employment because that would be like screening and denying someone employment because of alcohol.

I believe Dish Network fired some one of pot in Colorado.
http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/fixg...network-right-on-colorado-marijuana-law-hudak

Also, they can use ETG tests to punish people from alcohol use. I believe pilots are doctors (surgeons) are not aloud to use alcohol is certain circumstances. There was also talk before Healthcare Reform that employers and insurance companies could test for nicotine use.

I personally think drug tests shouldnt be aloud unless after an accident, etc. Companies should not be aloud to monitor what you do outside of work, unless it impacts your work in anyway.

FWIW, I believe anything under an oz is a $50 non-criminal citation. Well unless it's in 15 little bags in which cause your screwed.

Branhammer

Established Member

Also, im not sure if you are trying to infer that all drug users are eventually unemployed, unhealthy and die off.......surely you wouldnt.

Im with you though, the war on drugs is stupid and only stems to produce employment opportunities and justification for spending gratuitous amounts of tax dollars for a number of entities with no real results.

Who's to say they couldn't? I say let the employers decide what they will and won't allow. If weed is legalized you better believe that I'll still get kicked out of the military if I get caught with it in my system. And they can fire you from declined job performance. I know guys that were alcoholics that didn't get fired for drinking every night, but their work suffered and they eventually got fired for that.

And no I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying there is a higher risk of those things happening to drug users though, and that should be on them. Personal accountability.

Ah...but then since it is an addiction it becomes a "disease" and people with diseases must be helped by your tax dollars if they cannot afford insurance (according to the left).

And that bullshit needs to be reformed. No public assistance for self-inflicted "diseases."

Like I said. PERSONAL. ****ING. ACCOUNTABILITY.

Last edited:

HandBanana

Established Member
Good for Texas. If you're such a fan of recreational drugs, please move to South America. There are many people there who would love to employ you.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

Wife's work pre employment screens for tobacco and will test after hiring if youre suspected if smoking. Doesn't matter if it's at your home or on the job, no tolerance policy.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Wife's work pre employment screens for tobacco and will test after hiring if youre suspected if smoking. Doesn't matter if it's at your home or on the job, no tolerance policy.
May I ask the job, because that's complete bullshit. I don't give a flying **** how much you pay me to deal with that shit.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
She's not crying about the weed, they ****ing cavity searched her in public view. You don't see the issue with that?

Maybe the cop just had a little fever.

Wrong, an employer can make policies as to what an employ can or cannot do in their off time. There are twenty two states where you can be fired for smoking cigarettes outside of work. You can be fired for showing up to work with alcohol in your system. All a company has to do is test you for weed and if it shows up, bye bye Cheetos. It does not matter whether it is legal or not. The company would state that in the paperwork that you were fired for being under the influence of a substance that alters your perception, reactions, cognitive skills, etc... Just because it is legal to drink does not mean that I can show up to work with alcohol in my system.

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
^ fair enough. But your acting like that is the Normal standard. It is not. No such limit in my industry.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
^ fair enough. But your acting like that is the Normal standard. It is not. No such limit in my industry.

I could care less if they legalize weed. I will not do it. That said, I am a firm believer that the issue holding the legalization of weed back nationwide is an ability to test if a person is current under the influence. We can test of a person smoked within x days but that does nothing to tell us if they are currently under the influence like we can with alcohol. A field sobriety test is subjective that can be successfully fought in court without the BAC.

Users who are viewing this thread