zo6 vs. ss w/nitrous & pullied cobra

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
s98mustang said:
First off he ran the car about 10 times and was running consistant 12.2-12.3's so i don't think there is a driver error on his times.
His consistency makes him... consistent. It doesn't mean he's fast. It doesn't mean he's slow, it just means he's consistent.

Look at it this way:
Forget E.T. -- these were roll-on runs.
Fastest stock Z06s runs have been very low 118 mph
Fastest 2.8 pulley, other bolt-ons, tuned '03 Cobras run 123 mph.
That's a 5 mph difference.

A 5 mph difference in the 1/4 mile generally exists between:
Base C5 and Z06
Mach I and Cobra (could be a bit more)

I still say good runs, but I don't think it's a typical outcome of a stock Z06 vs. a 2.8 pullied plus goodies '03/04 Cobra.

s98mustang

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Just because someone runs consitent times, doesn't make them the best driver. It is very possible to be consistently slow. I didn't make any excuses in this entire thread. What do I have to excuse? I believe the definition for excuse would more closely fit your attempts to say his car running 12.2-3@117 is as fast as it should be running. Go back an read my statements. I was very cordial until you started acting like an ass.

Ok lets get this straight. If his car did trap 120 like you say he should and a zo6 traps at about 115-6 then the 2+ cars he beat me by seems to be right.
And im not the ass here i posted a story and you had to come on here and say he should have beat me by 5+ cars which i don't see how 5+ cars is a difference in 4-5mph in trap speeds.

s98mustang

Established Member
406 'velle said:
nice runs. what mods do you want to do next? post a pic of your car too :rockon:

Um budget is a little tight right now because i just bought the car but I'll probably add the vararam cai and some dr's for now. Then once i save a little bit more money by the summer hopefully i'll be able to add headers and a cam. Can't wait to get some mods on it. And i'll try and get pics of it here soon.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
WDW dont hate on the guy because he smoked a pullied cobra. And dont make excuse why he did pull the cobra. Just deal with it, the cobra lost. Nobody cares about this excuse and that excuse. Dont take away from the mans kill.

WDW MKR

Established Member
s98mustang said:
Ok lets get this straight. If his car did trap 120 like you say he should and a zo6 traps at about 115-6 then the 2+ cars he beat me by seems to be right.
And im not the ass here i posted a story and you had to come on here and say he should have beat me by 5+ cars which i don't see how 5+ cars is a difference in 4-5mph in trap speeds.

Can you please stop confusing me with everyone else in this thread. Find one place where I said the Cobra should have won by 5+ cars? Did you find it yet? I know I didn't. My initial response to this thread was simply stating what a pullied Cobra was capable of, since some mentioned that they only trap 118. I never said anything about 5+ cars, I never said all Cobras run mid-11s, and I never said the 2+ car victory was BS.

03azuremach said:
WDW dont hate on the guy because he smoked a pullied cobra. And dont make excuse why he did pull the cobra. Just deal with it, the cobra lost. Nobody cares about this excuse and that excuse. Dont take away from the mans kill.

As mentioned above, the Z06 lost. I never "hated" on anyone.

s98mustang

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Can you please stop confusing me with everyone else in this thread. Find one place where I said the Cobra should have won by 5+ cars? Did you find it yet? I know I didn't. My initial response to this thread was simply stating what a pullied Cobra was capable of, since some mentioned that they only trap 118. I never said anything about 5+ cars, I never said all Cobras run mid-11s, and I never said the 2+ car victory was BS.

As mentioned above, the Z06 lost. I never "hated" on anyone.

Then i don't get what your on here arguing about if you agree with the outcoume of the race because we already recognized that there are cobra's that trap 120+ and there are zo6's that trap 118 stock. And i don't think his 118 trap speed is much off of the 120 or so that these other cobra's are trapping. That's like a zo6 trapping 115-6 it's not like they have a weak car just because they trap 2mph or so slower than the fastest zo6 trap speed.

WDW MKR

Established Member
2-3mph is a huge difference at the track, and on the street. That's more than enough to decide the outcome of a race. Trapping 118 in a 2.8-pullied Cobra is 4-5 mph slower than the fastest pullied times, and a couple mph slower than a good pullied time. It doesn't make the Cobra a dog of a car.. it just shows there is something being left on the table in the tune or driving.

As far as stock Z06s, I have never seen an '01 car trap 118. With the intake and exhaust mods that this particular '01 has, I can see it. Either way, arguing over the internet is as dumb as it sounds, so we'll just agree to disagree. :beer:

SICKBOY

Established Member
Jesus Christ....Bench racing = shit...all cars involved were fast and get my respect...shit happens on the street to many factors to consider..inch or a mile a wins a win... good runs guys...

PhantomX

Established Member
Well I guess most of us Florida Cobra owners must be bad drivers or we all have crappy cars becase most of the 2.8 Cobras here in Tampa all run 12.0 - 11.9 @ 116-118mph (mine included). Those races sound right on the money, good kill and death!!

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Damn WDW, you still maken excuses. Geez just live with it. The cobra only got him by a few car lengths, just get over it already. It wasn't a few bus lengths like you want it to be. And stop dyno racen, aswell as bench racen. We cant race dynos.. Your polluting the mans kill.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
wjmorgan, that could be true, or, since it affects all of you, it's more likely that it's bad density altitude. Bad air = hot, humid, high elevation, low barometric pressure, or all of them.

That's why it's good to know, at least in general terms, the DA when you go to the track. You lose approximately 3.5% horsepower for every 1000' of density altitude.

The same 2.8 pullied, bolt-on, tuned Cobra that might run 122 mph at Ennis (Texas) might only run 113 mph at Bandimere. Why? Ennis is at sea level, Bandimere is at about 5800' -- the *same* car at Bandimere, just accounting for elevation, will be down horsepower by approximately 20%, or about 90 horses. At Bandimere, it will run like a 360 rwhp Cobra would do instead of a 450 rwhp Cobra that it runs like when at Ennis.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The races sound like fun! Since you're in the BA, drop me a line next time you're going to do some fwy racing - perhaps I'll tag along and, err, film :)

WDW MKR

Established Member
03azuremach said:
Damn WDW, you still maken excuses. Geez just live with it. The cobra only got him by a few car lengths, just get over it already. It wasn't a few bus lengths like you want it to be. And stop dyno racen, aswell as bench racen. We cant race dynos.. Your polluting the mans kill.

How can I be dyno racing when I have never mentioned dyno numbers? :poke: I have yet to make an excuse, and have no reason to.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
s98mustang said:
Then i don't get what your on here arguing about if you agree with the outcoume of the race
He's only defending himself from you- he didnt call bs/ yada yada at all, he even said nice races then you jumped on him- in fact you jumped on a few people that agreed with you :bash:

wjmorgan said:
Well I guess most of us Florida Cobra owners must be bad drivers or we all have crappy cars becase most of the 2.8 Cobras here in Tampa all run 12.0 - 11.9 @ 116-118mph (mine included). Those races sound right on the money, good kill and death!!
Its the heat and the humidity- but mainly the humidity- plus comeon now how many good drivers are they're in Fl... We dont get any practice. How fast do you have to be to blow the doors off the auto vette with the Old guy in it. :poke:

03azuremach said:
Hmm whats your beef with him?.... Oh wait Texas- prolly cant read either :kaboom:

Last edited:

s98mustang

Established Member
treynor said:
The races sound like fun! Since you're in the BA, drop me a line next time you're going to do some fwy racing - perhaps I'll tag along and, err, film :)

Yea sounds good to me. I was reading your post with that ferrari and your sl65 amg. Wow your lucky to have that thing. Even though you'd leave us in the dust with that thing i wouldn't mind seeing it happen. We are located in the east bay so not to far from you.

Users who are viewing this thread