zo6 vs. ss w/nitrous & pullied cobra

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
well...im not calling BS...but the Cobra SHOULD have walked the 01 Z06 by more than 2 cars...more like 5+ cars.

Ive raced a stock 03 Z06 (405hp) when my cobra only had intake and i pulled him from 40-80mph and then he gained 1 car on me by 120mph and slightly edged a little bit further. very close tho.

Umm...your saying that a 2001 Z06 (385hp / 320-330rwhp) with just a catback will hang within 1 car of a pullied cobra from a roll?????? I DONT THINK SO! id have to see it to believe it....chances are i would go blind right before the race because my eyes arent meant to see such a site.!!!

the Cobra has over 100rwhp more!!! rwhp!!! the Z06 has around 350rwhp with the catback and the Cobra should be around 450-460rwhp!!!!

i dont wanna hear how the Z06 didnt get walked EASILY! and there werent a bad driver in sight!!

SS 346

Bringing You Reality
04TRCobra said:
well...im not calling BS...but the Cobra SHOULD have walked the 01 Z06 by more than 2 cars...more like 5+ cars.

Ive raced a stock 03 Z06 (405hp) when my cobra only had intake and i pulled him from 40-80mph and then he gained 1 car on me by 120mph and slightly edged a little bit further. very close tho.

Umm...your saying that a 2001 Z06 (385hp / 320-330rwhp) with just a catback will hang within 1 car of a pullied cobra from a roll?????? I DONT THINK SO! id have to see it to believe it....chances are i would go blind right before the race because my eyes arent meant to see such a site.!!!

the Cobra has over 100rwhp more!!! rwhp!!! the Z06 has around 350rwhp with the catback and the Cobra should be around 450-460rwhp!!!!

i dont wanna hear how the Z06 didnt get walked EASILY! and there werent a bad driver in sight!!

01's typically dyno within 10 rwhp of the 02+
Usually 345 being the lowest, 360 being the highest.

Cobrastruk04

ok to straighten everything out here it is
1. SS dynoed on a hot day with a cold bottle no bottle warmer and a dirty air filter
2. i ran a high 117 at the track with a bad launch 1.96 60 ft With heatsoak
3. when i raced the Z i didnt switch up on my Chips which (3 stage chip stayed in 2nd position) and the 3rd stage DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE not alot but it does if tuned properly. when i raced the Z i jumped him in 3rd a car then into forth i had 2+ cars on him still going for more i let off in the middle of forth with about 2 1/2 3 cars on him if we still would have went i might have had 3 cars on him but i dunno what else to say other than you guys were not there and some of you need to visit corvetteforum.com and see what the stock Z runs cuz a stock Z can trap a 115 easy not 109

Cobrastruk04

04TRCobra said:
Umm...your saying that a 2001 Z06 (385hp / 320-330rwhp) with just a catback will hang within 1 car of a pullied cobra from a roll??????

Please tell me where it says at the end of the race he was 1 car on me please tell me!!!! i could have sworn he said "2 cars on me IF NOT MORE"

only on SVTP do we get the incompetent reading skills of a 1st grader

Last edited by a moderator:

s98mustang

Established Member
Y2K Roadster said:
Man, all these Cobra owners and you still don't get it...remember, the Eaton, or more properly known as the "Heaton" was probably heatsoaked. If that Cobra ran with the Z and the SS to keep up and watch the race, then it was heatsoaked and was not putting the power down that it should when it came time for him and the ZO6 to go at it. I raced a friend of mine(his name is Broke7 on here) and he had me by less than a car at 120 or so...we did about a 25MPH roll on in first...now, I put about 400 to the ground and he puts close to 510(can't remember exactly) but he had just raced a Viper and did a huge burnout before that race. So, he was heatsoaked so it made the race closer between me and him. Had that Z and Cobra raced when the Cobra was cool, he might have pulled a little more in fourth. Broke would have had me by at least 4 cars in our race if he had not been heatsoaked!!!

Actually i don't see how his eaton was heatsoaked when we were running in low 40 degree weather. Maybe you need to read the post better you would see that and he wasn't raping his car all the way until we raced. All in all that's what happened so live with it. I could care less what you and your buddy did when you raced, this is what happened when we raced. He won who cares by how much my car is lighter and i wiegh about 100lbs less than he does so there is a big wieght difference in our cars. So with around a 100 hp less with a huge wieght advantage to me and more aerodynamic on the freeway i think 2-3 cars is a about right.

s98mustang

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
A 2.8-pullied Cobra runs mid-11s at 120+. Poor drivers or poor conditions put up lower numbers. Sounds like good races, though! :thumbsup:

Well you know what i could care less what you think a 2.8 pullied cobra runs. His runs 12.2@117mph. I don't see how you guys think every pullied cobra runs mid 11's. Better have some good conditions and drivers to be pulling those times.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
for a highway run, it dosn't matter what ET a car runs.. it's PURE trap speed that counts..

Also, the 01 Z06 is only rated at 385 hp, not the 405 hp of the 02+ cars.. so I don't expect them to have the same 115-119 trap speeds that an 02+ Z06 has, but more along the lines of 112-116 trap speeds..

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
BayareaCob04 said:
Please tell me where it says at the end of the race he was 1 car on me please tell me!!!! i could have sworn he said "2 cars on me IF NOT MORE"

only on SVTP do we get the incompetent reading skills of a 1st grader

ok there... professor...

my point was to say he basically stayed within a carlength or two.

was to say 1-2 carlengths doesnt equal 5+ carlengths....

1-2 carlengths is a pretty close race.

the Cobra should def. eat a 2001 Z06 from a roll no problem...with just intake and exhaust...let alone a 2.8 pulley.

s98mustang

Established Member
04TRCobra said:

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72551

WOW a nearly stock zo6 running mid 11's. I thought only pullied cobra's could do that. I think you need to know your facts right before you come on here saying he should have walked me by 5+ cars.

Y2K Roadster

Established Member
Did anyone ever read my post about heatsoak...I'll bet that pullied Cobra was down about 30RWHP when he finally lined it up with the ZO6...the Eaton fell off at the end...why is it so hard to understand?!?!?!?

s98mustang

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
for a highway run, it dosn't matter what ET a car runs.. it's PURE trap speed that counts..

Also, the 01 Z06 is only rated at 385 hp, not the 405 hp of the 02+ cars.. so I don't expect them to have the same 115-119 trap speeds that an 02+ Z06 has, but more along the lines of 112-116 trap speeds..

If you don't know it's rwhp that counts. And most 01 zo6's dyno around 345 to the wheels with an occasional high 340's which some guy just posted on corvetteforum. 02+ usually dyno anywhere from 355-360 which is around 15rwhp more than the 01's. An intake or catback can get an 01 pretty close to those 02 dyno numbers. So don't go saying the 01's are weak because they make about 15 less hp on the dyno.

WDW MKR

Established Member
s98mustang said:
Well you know what i could care less what you think a 2.8 pullied cobra runs. His runs 12.2@117mph. I don't see how you guys think every pullied cobra runs mid 11's. Better have some good conditions and drivers to be pulling those times.

Don't jump my shit about it. I was simply stating some information. "Good" times for a stock Z06 are being thrown out all over this thread, but I can't mention "good" times for a pullied Cobra? :shrug: In the conditions that a pullied Cobra is running 12.2@117 (i.e. weather and driver), a stock '01 Z06 is running high-12s@110... it's all relative.

Sounds like some fun races. No reason to get your drawers in a wad.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
SS 346 said:
Check the fastest stock z06 time.. and check the fastest pullied 03 cobra time.

The fastest stock Z06 traps are 118 mph. ZRod, Ranger, Vai, and GMHTP magazine all were in low 118s or so. Fastest 2.8 pullied, other bolt-ons, tuned '03 Cobra on this site was about a 123 mph. Do the math.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
I just dont understand why people just cant say good race and be done with. Always have to start some shit with the bs flags. It seems to be that way on every kill story i see. Someone has to be so proud, that there cobra, or mach, or vette, or whatever got killed, they have to throw up the bs flag everytime. Shit happens.

s98mustang

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Don't jump my shit about it. I was simply stating some information. "Good" times for a stock Z06 are being thrown out all over this thread, but I can't mention "good" times for a pullied Cobra? :shrug: In the conditions that a pullied Cobra is running 12.2@117 (i.e. weather and driver), a stock '01 Z06 is running high-12s@110... it's all relative.

Sounds like some fun races. No reason to get your drawers in a wad.

Actually there happened to be a bone stock 01 zo6 at the track the same day running 12.3's@116mph. I remember because there were 3 zo6's at this track that same day and me and a few buddy's were talking to them. So no a stock 01 zo6 was not running high 12's@110 it was running 12.3's@116mph
that day. And i'm not the one getting my "drawers in a wad" your the one coming on here calling bs when you were not even there.I told a good story about some fun races and you had to get all butt hurt about it. It's funny how you guys still think its bs when bayareacob04(the cobra i raced) comes on here and reply's. I don't want to hear your excuses why he should have beat me by more this is what happened so deal with it.

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
in a 01 Z06 with borla, were able to beat a SS with those mods? A friend had a 01 Z06 that with off road X pipe, CAI and Corsa catback only ran a trap speed of about 109 in the 1/4... that SS SHOULD be running atleast a 115 trap speed, if not more..

you either have a factory freak for a 01 Z06 or it has more than a Borla..

No, just like some people can put bolt on Cobra's in the 11.2 range at 123+, even though the average guy can't.

I know 1 Z06, with a good driver, bone stock to the filter ran a 12.45@115mph and another ran [email protected]'s all driver when it comes to manuals.

WDW MKR

Established Member
s98mustang said:
Actually there happened to be a bone stock 01 zo6 at the track the same day running 12.3's@116mph. I remember because there were 3 zo6's at this track that same day and me and a few buddy's were talking to them. So no a stock 01 zo6 was not running high 12's@110 it was running 12.3's@116mph
that day. And i'm not the one getting my "drawers in a wad" your the one coming on here calling bs when you were not even there.I told a good story about some fun races and you had to get all butt hurt about it. It's funny how you guys still think its bs when bayareacob04(the cobra i raced) comes on here and reply's. I don't want to hear your excuses why he should have beat me by more this is what happened so deal with it.

Go back and find where I called BS...

Done looking? You should be, b/c I didn't say anything about the validity of your races. I simply stated what each car was capable of. If a stone-stock Z06 was running 12.3@117, then the Cobra running 12.2@117 was one of three things: bad tune, bad tires, lacking driving ability. I never said every pullied Cobra runs mid-11s@120+. I stated what "good" pullied-Cobras run since people were referencing "good" times for a stock Z06. You're defending a Cobra running 12.2@117 for whatever reason, but the fact remains that is a poor example of the car's capability. Get over it.

Once again... Sounds like some fun races!

s98mustang

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Go back and find where I called BS...

Done looking? You should be, b/c I didn't say anything about the validity of your races. I simply stated what each car was capable of. If a stone-stock Z06 was running 12.3@117, then the Cobra running 12.2@117 was one of three things: bad tune, bad tires, lacking driving ability. I never said every pullied Cobra runs mid-11s@120+. I stated what "good" pullied-Cobras run since people were referencing "good" times for a stock Z06. You're defending a Cobra running 12.2@117 for whatever reason, but the fact remains that is a poor example of the car's capability. Get over it.

Once again... Sounds like some fun races!

First off he ran the car about 10 times and was running consistant 12.2-12.3's so i don't think there is a driver error on his times. And he stated earlier there was nothng wrong with his tune, and as far as tires go i think nitto drag radials he's running are pretty good tires as his times were consistant.And don't tell me to get over it i simply told a story and you had to come on here saying his car is weak compared to all these other cobra's you talk about when if you ask many people who have raced his car they will tell you his cobra is very strong. And you may not be calling bs but your making excuses which is just as bad as calling bs.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Just because someone runs consitent times, doesn't make them the best driver. It is very possible to be consistently slow. I didn't make any excuses in this entire thread. What do I have to excuse? I believe the definition for excuse would more closely fit your attempts to say his car running 12.2-3@117 is as fast as it should be running. Go back an read my statements. I was very cordial until you started acting like an ass.

Users who are viewing this thread