ZL1 lease quote

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Autotrader and every other auto sales site is LITTERED with ZL1's below MSRP.

At 2.49% for 72 mo you can put 0 dollars down and have a payment cheaper than the cheapest payment offered on that sheet posted.

What a joke!

sono

Established Member
Lets see what happens when the next gas crunch cuts sales in half!
Maybe the Germans can buy a busted GM for a bit to teach them leasing.

Oh PS I asked the price of a local zl1 a few years back and the salesman told me the msrp and then said: Now ask me what it costs? "inferring the 10k plus premium was extra" as his buddies snickered at the coffee table.

Paid 46k for my leftover 12 a couple days latter,

Osiris

Established Member
Speak for yourself. I once went into a Ford dealer to check out a new GT500. They would not let me test drive it. The car sat for well over a year. Idiots.
Would you want anyone off the street driving that car before you bought it? I can see walking out of there if you went through the motions of working a deal and they still wouldn't let you drive it before saying it was final, which is illegal in most places...

When I bought my 350, I did the deal, they knew I was real and then I got to drive and have the final say. Same thing with my RS....no lookie lous got to slip out my clutch or smoke my tires before proving they couldn't buy it or had no intention to anyhow...

I consider it a service actually...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Would you want anyone off the street driving that car before you bought it? I can see walking out of there if you went through the motions of working a deal and they still wouldn't let you drive it before saying it was final, which is illegal in most places...

When I bought my 350, I did the deal, they knew I was real and then I got to drive and have the final say. Same thing with my RS....no lookie lous got to slip out my clutch or smoke my tires before proving they couldn't buy it or had no intention to anyhow...

It's still annoying as heck to potential buyers.

tistan

Established Member

That's what you think, but a salesman could have done the same. A buddy of mine that used to sell GM wrecked a brand new z06 playing around. I'm sure it went to their body shop for repairs and never even showed up on history report.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I agree. I have a buffoon driving 9 hours to buy a GT350 this weekend, sight unseen, just a few cell phone pictures.

Very trusting dude.

Why is this a surprise? If it's exactly what they are looking for & the price is right; I believe the potential buyer is putting faith that you are reputable dealer.

I have taken the risk just on cell phone pics- Any Ford dealership should be half-way decent. Especially on any limited-edition vehicle.

I drove 350 miles, each way, to buy my GT500 & just last year drove 400 miles, each way, to buy my Focus RS.... I gave you a chance to make a deal w/ me on the RS too.... I would have had no problems making the 800 mile/12-hr trip to KC if the price was right.....

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

Yep yep yup yep.

I’m spending the money not the *** that flat floored the first 2miles.

That's what you think, but a salesman could have done the same. A buddy of mine that used to sell GM wrecked a brand new z06 playing around. I'm sure it went to their body shop for repairs and never even showed up on history report.

That’s why you don’t deal with shut dealers. A reputable place would/should skid a salesmen for neglect.

When I purchased my truck last year it was perfect on test drive, also the same day I was approved for full amount of truck and had it narrowed down to two trucks. Got it back for delivery, rim was curved and speakers was blown. Detail guy got let go 5 minutes later as he was only one who drove it since I saw it last.

I don't let customers test drive GT500/GT350s either.

Anything over $60k people should have to be fully approved(financing in place) or show the funds are available.

Especially when specialty models involved

lol why? It's just a Mustang. I've noticed I get treated MUCH better at high end dealers vs domestic shit like Ford & GM.

So drive the v6 parked in the back forty after all it’s just another mustang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I was looking at a ZL1 about 2 months ago...

They wouldn't let me test drive it.... Weird since I bought my SS from them last year, and they let me test drive that alone. One would think they would let a repeat buyer.. who bought a performance car test drive another car to "upgrade" needless to say I still have my SS

Osiris

Established Member
As stated elsewhere, don't deal with shit dealers.

Yes, this CAN happen, but I assure you it's under the owner's nose and at risk of employment. No self-respecting dealer lets the high dollar merch be treated like that. I don't find it annoying either. I told them both up front I won't sign any final dotted line without a drive but I respect their position and showed my willingness to buy ahead of time, and once I did, I could drive it however I wanted to know what I was really getting into.

Osiris

Established Member
I agree. I have a buffoon driving 9 hours to buy a GT350 this weekend, sight unseen, just a few cell phone pictures.

Very trusting dude.
Wow...you call your customers buffoons? Very trusting indeed...wonder if he knows this is what you think of him. Lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy smokes!!
At those lease rates,.....you could finance a brand new Z06 instead and own it after paying for it. And have a better car on top of it all.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I test drove two brand new (less than 10 miles) ZL1's at Rick Hendrick City Chevrolet. I bought one two weeks later that they traded another dealer for a car with the options I wanted. The cars are going for 7,000+ under MSRP. There isn't an allocation system like Fords.

The dealer I bought mine from has 3 in stock and one is a fully loaded vert that has been there since December.

You can make a deal. Look outside your area.

Last edited:

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Just to add. The car has continued to grow on me after driving it at the drag strip and road course. It is converting a drag race guy into a road race guy. I'm heading back out to Charlotte Motor Speedway next week. Get the $1200 PDR option or you'll have PDR envy. A10 auto is magic. Sunroof is cool, but not necessary. Factory NAV is worthless, factory stripe looks like shit. The back seat is pretty worthless for adults, but works with my kids.

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

Very trusting dude.

Why is this an issue? Did he deposit already? I'm only asking because I'd assume the car is still under Ford's bumper to bumper warranty and he doesn't have to buy the car if he shows up and doesn't like it.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
1.) I can't begin to tell you the number of unqualified buyers that want to test drive them.
2.) A somewhat local dealer in KC let a customer drive a 2005 Ford GT when it was new, wrapped it around a pole.
3.) When I was 22 I was riding with a customer in a 2003 Cobra, and ended up spinning through the grass median at 55mph.
4.) Because I don't need to in order to sell them.
Olathe Ford?

Sent from that shiny thing in my hands

Never_Enough

Established Member
Same here. The BMW dealership would never even think twice about letting me test drive M cars. The Mercedes dealership let me take a new E55 AMG (and a few other models) out by myself, no questions asked. Go to a domestic dealership, including the luxury brands, and they act like the "high end" cars are made of gold and diamonds. :rolleyes: I still have a salty taste in my mouth from a Chevy dealership that wouldn't let me test drive a Camaro SS because it was "too special."
One time a buddy & I were looking for a G35 for him & an Infiniti dealer refused to let him drive one because it was too powerful LMAO!! We arrived in my new, at the time, Speed6 that was faster that that POS. Yes, this was back in the day. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread