ZL1 lease quote

Never_Enough

Established Member
20180425105453837-page-001.jpg
Itchy trigger finger on buying a new toy made me reach out to get lease quotes on a ZL1 since we know the Hellcat can be leased for $500 a month.

The attached is what I got. The other dealers couldn't/wouldn't quote because they either had none on the lot or no allocation. Keep in mind, I only contacted the biggest volume Chevy dealers.

Needless to say, if I go ZL1, it'll be buying used not leasing.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Sometimes I feel like Chevy and Ford dealerships don't want people to drive Shelbys or ZL1's. They price them astronomically high (artificially) then wonder why they have a brand new 2016 in the showroom in 2018.
They wonder why they can't sell shit & need bailouts. SMH

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sometimes I feel like Chevy and Ford dealerships don't want people to drive Shelbys or ZL1's. They price them astronomically high (artificially) then wonder why they have a brand new 2016 in the showroom in 2018.

ZL1s...yes. Shelby's, no. lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Couple dealers around here have used regular 2016 350s, no tech or track options and almost asking MSRP...**** that noise

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Speak for yourself. I once went into a Ford dealer to check out a new GT500. They would not let me test drive it. The car sat for well over a year. Idiots.

I don't let customers test drive GT500/GT350s either.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
lol why? It's just a Mustang. I've noticed I get treated MUCH better at high end dealers vs domestic shit like Ford & GM.

my experiences as well. i have test driven cars that cost 2x as much as a GT500- they make a copy of my license and insurance cards, they ride along with me in their fancy salesman outfits, and I never have to buy something without ever having driven it. now what should NOT be allowed to be test driven is underwear and socks- ew.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol why? It's just a Mustang. I've noticed I get treated MUCH better at high end dealers vs domestic shit like Ford & GM.

1.) I can't begin to tell you the number of unqualified buyers that want to test drive them.
2.) A somewhat local dealer in KC let a customer drive a 2005 Ford GT when it was new, wrapped it around a pole.
3.) When I was 22 I was riding with a customer in a 2003 Cobra, and ended up spinning through the grass median at 55mph.
4.) Because I don't need to in order to sell them.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
1.) I can't begin to tell you the number of unqualified buyers that want to test drive them.
2.) A somewhat local dealer in KC let a customer drive a 2005 Ford GT when it was new, wrapped it around a pole.
3.) When I was 22 I was riding with a customer in a 2003 Cobra, and ended up spinning through the grass median at 55mph.

You forgot and or can’t add because of business so I’ll say it for ya

People are ****ing idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never_Enough

Established Member
Goes for just about any car.

Can & does happen with just about all cars.

Glad you weren't hurt, but can't hold that against everyone.

I'll never be the guy that buys without a drive. That's how you know if you'll even enjoy the car so I don't get it aside from ballers buying exotics before a drive.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
ZL1s...yes. Shelby's, no. lol

I'm gonna have to push back on this one boss man.

Without a doubt, you are the exception to almost every Ford dealership stereotype there is. You don't bust peoples balls and artificially inflate prices beyond belief and reason. You seem to be a lot more fair, level headed, and middle ground than your typical dealer.

In my case, dad's been with a local dealership for 30+ years. VP now, does operations etc. Essentially Fixed Op's guy without the title. They had two GT350's that a few members on her tried to buy (I remember the threads) that were 10-15k over MSRP for well over a year. Only recently did they sell their last 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread