ZL1 lease quote

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
No shit!!! every time I go to the Porsche dealer, they try to get me to take something for a spin.

They certainly treat you better! I stopped by an Audi dealer a few years ago to just look, next thing I know I am flogging an S4 like a rented mule, salesman was egging me on :D

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm gonna have to push back on this one boss man.

Without a doubt, you are the exception to almost every Ford dealership stereotype there is. You don't bust peoples balls and artificially inflate prices beyond belief and reason. You seem to be a lot more fair, level headed, and middle ground than your typical dealer.

In my case, dad's been with a local dealership for 30+ years. VP now, does operations etc. Essentially Fixed Op's guy without the title. They had two GT350's that a few members on her tried to buy (I remember the threads) that were 10-15k over MSRP for well over a year. Only recently did they sell their last 2016.

That's laughable lol

tistan

Established Member
Come to think of it, the dealer I bought my new 04 lightning from didn't want me to test drive it. It was the beginning of June 04, and I told them was probably the only person in the hot as balls south who wanted a black 04. They could either let me test drive or keep it until fall.

_Snake_

Established Member
They certainly treat you better! I stopped by an Audi dealer a few years ago to just look, next thing I know I am flogging an S4 like a rented mule, salesman was egging me on :D

Truth! I took my S6 out for a test drive (alone). Upon my return, the salesperson asked with a sly grin if I tried Sport mode. Lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I probably wouldn't let them be test driven either. Chances are you aren't going to sell the car based on a test drive, most car guys already know what they want and the chance of it being beat on is going to scare away actual buyers.

My old, old room mate told me he once dressed up and walked into Ferrari of Denver and told them he just got signed with the Avalanche and wanted to buy something with his signing bonus. He said they bought it hook, line, and sinker so he spent the day test driving various Ferrari's and Bentley's.

He was also full of shit 99% of the time and "forgot" to take pictures.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I probably wouldn't let them be test driven either. Chances are you aren't going to sell the car based on a test drive, most car guys already know what they want and the chance of it being beat on is going to scare away actual buyers.

My old, old room mate told me he once dressed up and walked into Ferrari of Denver and told them he just got signed with the Avalanche and wanted to buy something with his signing bonus. He said they bought it hook, line, and sinker so he spent the day test driving various Ferrari's and Bentley's.

He was also full of shit 99% of the time and "forgot" to take pictures.

I agree. I have a buffoon driving 9 hours to buy a GT350 this weekend, sight unseen, just a few cell phone pictures.

Very trusting dude.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
If residual value really is $38k it looks like I will be getting a gently used ZR1 in a few years.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
lol why? It's just a Mustang. I've noticed I get treated MUCH better at high end dealers vs domestic shit like Ford & GM.

Same here. The BMW dealership would never even think twice about letting me test drive M cars. The Mercedes dealership let me take a new E55 AMG (and a few other models) out by myself, no questions asked. Go to a domestic dealership, including the luxury brands, and they act like the "high end" cars are made of gold and diamonds. :rolleyes: I still have a salty taste in my mouth from a Chevy dealership that wouldn't let me test drive a Camaro SS because it was "too special."

Users who are viewing this thread