Zaino....Whats the deal with this stuff?

98slowbra

Established Member
ok then now who is going to come over and help me???? :banana: I will go out to lowes tomorrow night and get the PC and order the stuff from scott tomorrow also. Is there anything else I will need? since this will be the 1st time for me doing this. You guys are really helpfull on this stuff I really appericate this and I hope my baby will look alot better once I try this out.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
If you get yourself some detailing spray that will help you during the swirl removal. Do a light spritz onto the foam pad before applying your liquid polish to the pad. And make sure not to start the polisher until you have the pad in contact with the paint.Otherwise splatter city.

Another thing to do is run the polisher at the middle speed setting and don't apply too much pressure. The polish will do most the work. :-D

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
05 Roush said:
If you get yourself some detailing spray that will help you during the swirl removal. Do a light spritz onto the foam pad before applying your liquid polish to the pad. And make sure not to start the polisher until you have the pad in contact with the paint.Otherwise splatter city.

Another thing to do is run the polisher at the middle speed setting and don't apply too much pressure. The polish will do most the work. :-D
For swirl removal you want to use a bit of pressure and higher speeds,otherwise you would be making harder work for yourself. Also, dont wet the pad, it can screw with the polish.

98slowbra

Established Member
ok guys I got the PC 7336 and was $117 and was last one there. Now when I 1st wash my car do I use dawn dish soap to get all they stuff off or just wash with zaino and go with the PC? I do have the zaino detail spray also.

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
just wash with a regular soap it makes no difference... clay & then polish..

BTW: lightly Sprits your pad if you spray to much QD you will screw the polishes ability to perform right,. Make sure you get the Soft Edge Microfiber Detailing Towels 16x24 from scott... they are the BEST towels out now .. IMO..

Also make sure you get a waffle weave towel.. & please emake sure you use the two bucket system to wash your car .. trust me it works..

if you have the Zaino Z8 use that as a final Detal spray.. that Sh*t is expensive. :cryying:

you should also check out Autogeek.net its like toys "R" us for Detail enthusiasts. :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
DARKSTI said:
For swirl removal you want to use a bit of pressure and higher speeds,otherwise you would be making harder work for yourself. Also, dont wet the pad, it can screw with the polish.

I guess it depends on the polish. The Sonus polish instructions say to slightly wet the pad before use. I found it works better than dry.

And by "wet" they mean a fine mist of water or detailing spray.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
FYI...

Instructions right from the Sonus SFX Pad kit:

To properly machine polish, you will need your polish in a squeeze bottle. Squeeze a couple of lines (6 to 9 inches) of polish on the panel you want to polish. Pre-lubricate your buffing pad with a shot or two of water or detailing spray.

Start the machine slowly, with the pad on the panel to the right of the lines of polish. Lift the left size of the pad slightly, and slowly move into the polish. The rotating pad will pull the polish in an begin distributing it on the paint.

:thumbsup:

98slowbra

Established Member
ok just got off the phone with Scott and ordered my stuff that I need and I should have his stuff at my house on Monday. So I am getting ready to do all this fun stuff to make my car look great. You guys are right Scott is really great and really knows what you need to do. I spent over $100 there on his stuff, so now just wait for his stuff to come to my house and a polishing we will go.

98slowbra

Established Member
ok I do have some clay from zaino but it is last bar and I have used it before, so should I get new clay or would it be ok to use this one?

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
ok I do have some clay from zaino but it is last bar and I have used it before, so should I get new clay or would it be ok to use this one?

A clay bar before heavy polishing may not be necessary. It doesn't hurt to clay before you polish so it's a good idea. You won't need to purchase a new clay bar unless it's dirty to the point you see it after working it.

98slowbra

Established Member
the car does not get out much it only has 69k miles on it and after I wash it and put zaino on it you hardly touch the rag on the car and that thing will just glide over the car because the paint is sooooo smooth. So I am not sure I need to clay it but I am not sure.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
the car does not get out much it only has 69k miles on it and after I wash it and put zaino on it you hardly touch the rag on the car and that thing will just glide over the car because the paint is sooooo smooth. So I am not sure I need to clay it but I am not sure.

If you've clayed it recently, I wouldn't worry too much. The cleaner polishes tend to remove the imperfections by themselves. The only drawback is possible contamination from particles currently stuck in the paint.

I didn't clay the truck and it turned out fine. I didn't really care about it too much though. LOL.

98slowbra

Established Member
ok guys I think I am ready. I got
1 PC 7336 $117
2 Order from Scott $113
3 Zaino replenish stock $80

so I think I am ready and I did order the z-8 and yea it is pricey but for my car it is worth it.

98slowbra

Established Member
so i watched that PC video and I just need to follow that? use the white pad with the 2.5 then the other white pad with the 1.0 stuff right? Scott said use the white pad not orange if the swirls are not to bad

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Call scott @ http://www.specialtymotoring.com/index.html and pick up a pc from lows it's cheaper that way and local and can take it back if you change your mind without shipping. Get the pads for 10% off and cleaners/polish/waxes to try. Now if you want just use the pc for prep and still apply the Zaino by hand. I have used both Zaino/Clearkote products and will say for a fact YOU WILL NEVER GET A TRUE WET LOOK WITH ZAINO where as other products you will find a more wet look but less durable then Zaino and not Zainos shiny plastic look. Either way it really doesn’t matter what products you use but is all about the prep and everyone that doesn’t know or thinks that a pc or "Machine polisher" will burn in your paint really needs to do there homework and look at the facts as a pc should and will NEVER burn into your paint as it's a random orbit buffer (just like the cheap store bought ones that run for around 30 bucks) but the pc is fare superior in the effects and I have the pics to prove it if needed. I actually thought of using Zaino again but there customer service SUCKS where as with scott I always get an answer and help. I still really like there car soap/tire stuff but I’m sure scott can find me something just as good if not better. Call him up some time as I bullsh!t with him when ordering every time and end up talking for half an hour about stuff.
shawnscar0363qa.jpg

WET LOOK O btw that pic is with no Zaino on the car. Thanks again scott :beer:
03194bc0.gif

Shiny Plastic Look at the difference in these two pictures and if you can't tell a difference between the two then you really need to read up on some stuff...

Last edited:

rjs281

Established Member
LCCOBRA what do you use?it is hard to look at you're pics and tell(looks like the contrast is changed on the first one)i just ordered a pc and have been useing zaino(works great).anyone tried the Z fusion with a PC?i am open to new stuff as well.

Users who are viewing this thread