Zaino....Whats the deal with this stuff?

SVT8U

Established Member
From reading their website, sounds like this stuff is god's gift to auto detailing. And the price looks like God himself must have personally pissed in each bottle.....

Anyway I want to hear what yall think before I drop $180 on a detailing kit. Im unsure, and some folks either love it or hate it. Seems like those who love it REALLY love it, and are almost like a Zaino cult lol. That counts for something im sure....

so :shrug:

Lurker

Established Member
It is a little pricey, but I like it... Besides, you have to use so little of it, that it lasts forever...

There are better looking combos, but I like durability, since white car barely shows any difference anyways...

Oh yea, and you don't need anywhere close to $180 for the detailing kit. I'd just get Z5Pro, Z2Pro, Z6 if you want to try it out (assuming your paint is already in good condition).

I use SSR 2.5 + SSR1 for swirl marks, Klasse AIO as paint cleaner, and Zaino stuff for protection.

Last edited:

nerdman

Established Member
if u want a clean wet look, check out ONEGRAND.com they are local here to me and ive been using there stuff on my cars for 8 years, its not too bad in price, but i swear, the finish is bad ass. look for the omega glaze and the blitz wax.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
It's great for durability. That's about the only good thing I have to say about it. I have used the whole Zaino kit before on a friends Supra and was very unimpressed with the end results. You can acheive better results with other products, IMO.

bluestreak89

Established Member
Lurker said:
It is a little pricey, but I like it... Besides, you have to use so little of it, that it lasts forever...

There are better looking combos, but I like durability, since white car barely shows any difference anyways...

Oh yea, and you don't need anywhere close to $180 for the detailing kit. I'd just get Z5Pro, Z2Pro, Z6 if you want to try it out (assuming your paint is already in good condition).

I use SSR 2.5 + SSR1 for swirl marks, Klasse AIO as paint cleaner, and Zaino stuff for protection.

+1 Except I say get the ZFX swirl remover, works much better than the poor boys ssr's IMO and i tried them side by side. You dont really need all that stuff but you may need an pulley on your elbow when your done. PC helps too. Good luck. I topped mine off with some natty's blue for shine.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I had absolutely no good luck with Zaino. It just attracts too much dust and the depth just isn't there. It's like a giant Endust magnet.

No problems at all with Klasse. :thumbsup:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I dont like Zaino because its to expensive... overratted, the Zealous users swear its the best when in reality its not... & i cant stand the fact that Sal Zaino never EvER has a good deal, or sell by the bulk.. for some reaosn he does this to make Zaino products seem prestigious & at the upper level :rollseyes you can achieve exact results with Products from Autogeek.net :burnout:

Bottom line Zaino is no big Deal.. the best shine comes with an array of products that are from different companies.. just my $0.02 :-D

SVECobraR

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
I dont like Zaino because its to expensive... overratted, the Zealous users swear its the best when in reality its not... & i cant stand the fact that Sal Zaino never EvER has a good deal, or sell by the bulk.. for some reaosn he does this to make Zaino products seem prestigious & at the upper level :rollseyes you can achieve exact results with Products from Autogeek.net :burnout:

Bottom line Zaino is no big Deal.. the best shine comes with an array of products that are from different companies.. just my $0.02 :-D

i couldn't have said it any better myself :rockon:

98slowbra

Established Member
I for one have not put anything else on my 98 chrome yellow cobra, just Zaino and that is it. I have every thing they sell from polish, wash, leather in a bottle, plastic shine, tire gloss, spray. I have not found anything so easy to use and put on and take off. I have tried that other crap and it takes you 1 hour to put wax on and 3 hours to take the crap off. Zaino takes 10 min to put on and 15 min to take off. This stuff is the best I have ever used. The shine on my chrome yellow is better today then it was 5 years ago, since I use this stuff. It might cost a bunch but each bottle you buy will last you longer than a year for sure.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
98slowbra said:
I for one have not put anything else on my 98 chrome yellow cobra, just Zaino and that is it. I have every thing they sell from polish, wash, leather in a bottle, plastic shine, tire gloss, spray. I have not found anything so easy to use and put on and take off. I have tried that other crap and it takes you 1 hour to put wax on and 3 hours to take the crap off. Zaino takes 10 min to put on and 15 min to take off. This stuff is the best I have ever used. The shine on my chrome yellow is better today then it was 5 years ago, since I use this stuff. It might cost a bunch but each bottle you buy will last you longer than a year for sure.

just insert Pacific Green in place of Chrome Yellow, and my post will be the same :thumbsup:

98slowbra

Established Member
ok how can zaino be over rated? My cobras paint job looks better now than it did off the show room floor. I have never used a buffer, all hand for this car. You talk about wax and polish and you have to use a machine to put it on and take it off and it still will not shine like the zaino products can.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
98slowbra said:
ok how can zaino be over rated? My cobras paint job looks better now than it did off the show room floor. I have never used a buffer, all hand for this car. You talk about wax and polish and you have to use a machine to put it on and take it off and it still will not shine like the zaino products can.

you need a machine to break down the abrassives on the polish.. therefore yielding optimum results.,,, & you can use your hands to apply Wax & selants & glazes. THE PC & rotary are the Prep machines to make your wax or sealant or ZAINO look good. You can keep using your hands & you'll be inevitably marring your paint over time( by washing, QD'ing etc.) ... & i bet you have a very reflective,shiny swirled car.. I dont care how much you take care of it,,,,you will induce small scratches PERIOD! :dw: if you think yourr hands & Zaino is a ll it takes then you must have the Magic Version of ZAINO. :bored:

98slowbra said:
I have tried that other crap and it takes you 1 hour to put wax on and 3 hours to take the crap off. Zaino takes 10 min to put on and 15 min to take off. This stuff is the best I have ever used. The shine on my chrome yellow is better today then it was 5 years ago, since I use this stuff. .

Apllying wax is not complicated unless its the 5,000$ Zymol Crap... Also have you tried Natty's, souvern, CMW & Sealants like 4* UPP, Wolfgang, EX etc.. i mean they are so EASY to apply & buff out. :p ... it only takes about 15 minutes to apply & they are so easy to buff out.. & are not a F&**ing pita to apply like the " ZAINO " system.. ..

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
you need a machine to break down the abrassives on the polish.. therefore yielding optimum results.,,, & you can use your hands to apply Wax & selants & glazes. THE PC & rotary are the Prep machines to make your wax or sealant or ZAINO look good. You can keep using your hands & you'll be inevitably marring your paint over time( by washing, QD'ing etc.) ... & i bet you have a very reflective,shiny swirled car.. I dont care how much you take care of it,,,,you will induce small scratches PERIOD! :dw: if you think yourr hands & Zaino is a ll it takes then you must have the Magic Version of ZAINO. :bored:

Apllying wax is not complicated unless its the 5,000$ Zymol Crap... Also have you tried Natty's, souvern, CMW & Sealants like 4* UPP, Wolfgang, EX etc.. i mean they are so EASY to apply & buff out. :p ... it only takes about 15 minutes to apply & they are so easy to buff out.. & are not a F&**ing pita to apply like the " ZAINO " system.. ..
+1

98slowbra

Established Member
trance_in_miami said:

The Zaino system is easy to apply, I do not like the machine stuff becuase of 1. you can burn your paint and really cause some damage unless you really know what you are doing. Me for one I do not know much at all about using the machines on my car to buff and such, so that is why I do not go that route. One messup and the nice paint job is over. that is why I do not use the machines. And yes over the years I will admit I do have swril marks on my car and use a clay bar to get them out, but it does not get all of them out. I have tried all the store bought stuff on my other cars but when I found the zaino stuff it was so easy and made the car look so so nice and shinny. I have never used what you said above. I am willing to try other stuff but I am in the dark when using a buffing machine and such since I do not know how or have never done it. I would like to get all the swril marks out and such but since I have never used a buffer machine I am in the dark on that. Any links that you can provide I will take a look at and see. I am just being honest, zaino is easy and I dont use a machine because if you mess it up you can damage your paint. I would like to learn but u know I am a bit scared of the machines damaging my paint. We are talking about my baby so that is why I dont use the machines on my car.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Dude Im glad you came out of the Zaino Closet.. Zaino does that to people.. Dame Zealots !... Lol. Anyway…. You should consider a PC it will not burn your paint at all. Also the only machine that eats your clearcoat(not paint) is a Makita/Rotary type... If i were you i would use Optimum Polish with a PC to remove some scratches you might have. I would then follow it with Z2pro since thats what you like. .. A clay bar is intended to remove contaminents & enviromental crap. Clay Bars dont remove scratches... you can try the products that i wrote about & get the same results without compadability issues. .. or join the clearkote Boat...=)

98slowbra

Established Member
I have no problems trying new things to make my car look better, but I have been told time and time and time again that if you use a machine buffer wrong you will destroy your paint. I hope you can see where I am comming from and why I have not went this route yet. You know a bit scared to try something new when your babys paint is at stake. I have no problem spending the money to get the stuff I need. Can you please make a list for what I need and all that? and stuff like what I need to do 1st 2nd 3rd?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread