Zaino....Whats the deal with this stuff?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
ok I will tell you again,, a PC will not ruin your cars paint whomever told you that knows nothing. I had my uncle tell me one time that waxing f**KS up the cars paint. A lot of ignorant people out there…

1) Get a Porter Cable

2) orange pad to reduce your scratches with the PC @ speed 5-6 with either Optimum polish, menzerna IP or SSR 2.5

3) white pad to polish your surface with optimum polish or SSR 1@ speed 5

3) Clearkote RMG or VM to add the wetness to your car. Use this with a finishing pad @ speed 3.

4) apply a sealant that mimics a carnauba like Wolfgang or 4* UPP. Id rather you use a sealant of that kind.. Because im sure you had good durability with Zaino.

I got OPTIMUM results with this combo.. the glaze did not affect the durability of the UPP from my testing.

Or just call scott & he can help you out. But I really fell you should just buy a pc along with OP as a base for your Zaino. Why spend more money when all you need is a prep to reduce your scratches.

BTW: here is link to get an idea on how the PC works.
http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/video.html

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
trance_in_miami said:
ok I will tell you again,, a PC will not ruin your cars paint whomever told you that knows nothing. I had my uncle tell me one time that waxing f**KS up the cars paint. A lot of ignorant people out there…

I believe he was probably told that a standard high speed non oscillating buffer will ruin your paint, which is true if used improperly.

The key is to go easy. You can grind the paint down to nothing even with a PC if the wrong combination is used. Lots of distilled water lubing helps tremendously.

98slowbra

Established Member
ok sounds good I will give that a shot, it would be really nice to get out all the swirl marks on my car. That link is really great and informative. thanks again.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
ok sounds good I will give that a shot, it would be really nice to get out all the swirl marks on my car. That link is really great and informative. thanks again.

Best of luck, and whatever you do, stay away from the buffer pad that comes with the Porter Cable. :thumbsup:

98slowbra

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Best of luck, and whatever you do, stay away from the buffer pad that comes with the Porter Cable. :thumbsup:

what do you mean best of luck? that does not sound very encouraging.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
what do you mean best of luck? that does not sound very encouraging.

Hehe. You'll be AOK. I've done it lots of times and I was just like you. You'll be seeing fantastic results if you just follow the recommendations here.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Oh, and make sure to block out some extra time because once you're done you're gonna want to do your other cars, your neighbors cars, the entire street full of cars. :D

98slowbra

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Oh, and make sure to block out some extra time because once you're done you're gonna want to do your other cars, your neighbors cars, the entire street full of cars. :D

LOL well when I got my 1st zaino stuff I did do that, I put it on for a bunch of friends cars, the end result looked so good. But you should see my daily driver a 1995 explorer eddie bauer edition, man that suv is in serous need of something and it is black. I hope the chrome yellow on my cobra will really stand out and look nice. Wife just got a $5k bonus so I guess I will use some of that to get the stuff I need.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
LOL well when I got my 1st zaino stuff I did do that, I put it on for a bunch of friends cars, the end result looked so good. But you should see my daily driver a 1995 explorer eddie bauer edition, man that suv is in serous need of something and it is black. I hope the chrome yellow on my cobra will really stand out and look nice. Wife just got a $5k bonus so I guess I will use some of that to get the stuff I need.

I was just like you and decided to do my DD first instead of the new truck. After I finished polishing the 132000 mile 9 year old paint, I was like, "Damn, now my beater looks better than my new truck."

That was a looonnngg day after doing 2 vehicles. :-D

I'm going to polish my new truck again just for fun. :D

98slowbra

Established Member
yea that is a great Idea I will try my DD first and see how she comes out, then work on the baby, but I will still be a bit scared at 1st cause this is my baby.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
yea that is a great Idea I will try my DD first and see how she comes out, then work on the baby, but I will still be a bit scared at 1st cause this is my baby.

As long as your DD isn't oxidized to oblivion, the results will make you want to buff the snot of out everything. :lol1:

98slowbra

Established Member
what time did you say u were able to help me with this again? I thought you said you would stop out and give me a hand.... :banana:

I dont know if it is oxidized but the paint looks very worn on my DD and did get it buffed about 4 years ago and it did not look as good as I thought it should but it will get me use to using this new process.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
98slowbra said:
what time did you say u were able to help me with this again? I thought you said you would stop out and give me a hand.... :banana:

I dont know if it is oxidized but the paint looks very worn on my DD and did get it buffed about 4 years ago and it did not look as good as I thought it should but it will get me use to using this new process.

Do a quick paint test. If you have a minor pit in the paint, preferrably on the hood, you can use this to gauge the thickness. If it's thick enough for your fingernail to catch on easily, you're probably OK.

Lankhoss

Established Member
I've seen a ton of people who were formerly hardcore Zaino uses switch to Adams Polishes. They seem to be about the same price, but from what I've heard....Adams works way better. I use only Adams on my car, and I'm amazed with all of their products. The only thing you may want to mix in, would be a swirl remover and/or wax. The polish and swirl remover Adams has is not too abrasive, which I imagine is good for cars that aren't that damaged. But for deep swirl marks and scratches, you may need something that's more abrasive. And the Butterwax looks great, but some people want a pure carnuba wax....and their Butterwax is a mix.

The whole detailing kit costs $180, so I imagine you are getting something similar with the $180 kit Zaino is selling.

98slowbra

Established Member
ok guys you talked me into it, I will be calling scott tomorrow and order all the stuff I need. 2 questions do they sell the PC too? and how much will I be spending on all this stuff total? I have a 4 day weekend so hopefully I can get started right away.

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Go to Lowe's for the PC. It's the 7336. I got mine on sale for like $75. I'd imagine they might have a sale since it is close to the 4th.

Edit: But make sure to buy the pads from Scott. Tell him what products your using and he'll set you up with the right pads.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
BreBar21 said:
Go to Lowe's for the PC. It's the 7336. I got mine on sale for like $75. I'd imagine they might have a sale since it is close to the 4th.

Edit: But make sure to buy the pads from Scott. Tell him what products your using and he'll set you up with the right pads.

+1

It even comes with the 6" counterweight and a sanding pad so you can use it for more than just polishing. I got my at Lowes for $110 but that wasn't on sale.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
98slowbra said:
ok guys you talked me into it, I will be calling scott tomorrow and order all the stuff I need. 2 questions do they sell the PC too? and how much will I be spending on all this stuff total? I have a 4 day weekend so hopefully I can get started right away.

Im glad i helped out.. BTW: i suggest you watch those vidoes from the link... alot more because you'll sure need them to reduce your swirls... Call scott & get your 10% off :coolman:

Lankhoss said:
I've seen a ton of people who were formerly hardcore Zaino uses switch to Adams Polishes. They seem to be about the same price, but from what I've heard....Adams works way better. I use only Adams on my car, and I'm amazed with all of their products. The only thing you may want to mix in, would be a swirl remover and/or wax. The polish and swirl remover Adams has is not too abrasive, which I imagine is good for cars that aren't that damaged. But for deep swirl marks and scratches, you may need something that's more abrasive. And the Butterwax looks great, but some people want a pure carnuba wax....and their Butterwax is a mix.

The whole detailing kit costs $180, so I imagine you are getting something similar with the $180 kit Zaino is selling.

Adams Products are a great relabled brand. .. As much as i hate to admitt this.. Zaino is Superior in almost every product next to Adams. With the excception of the Adams metal polish, car wash & QD :D : Zaino takes it.... trust me...

trance_in_miami

Established Member
98slowbra said:
so you guys sure this will make a difference going from just zaino to this and zaino?

the difference is in removing the scratches & swirls. by doing this...you'll make your paint look 10X's better.. just focus on removing the scratches with the PC... :-D

Users who are viewing this thread