Z06 Corvette Vs. Ford GT

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Didn't the FGT come out first and then GM released the C6 Z06? Ford never responded with upping the HP on the FGT with the remaining 2 years. So whats the big deal. That's not what the FGT was about.

FGT will be an awesome collectors item. Z06 will not.

Hats off the GM for building a car to run down the super cars. At least it's American.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I don't understand why some of you hate the fact that the corvette is a success. we should be happy an american car has done so well but you guys bitch b/c they made a lot and are affordable. why complain about an american fast car that can be picked up cheaper than the competition and out perfom them??

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I think a 55yr production run speaks for itself. There may have been a few cars throughout the years that were better, but the vette is the only American car that has survived the test of time.

And to argue about future collectibility is pointless. Nobody has a crystal ball to predict what the collector market will be like in 30-40yrs. Hell, for all we know, internal combustion cars could all be in the scrap yard by then. You can try and make an educated guess, but a guess is all it really is.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
the fgt is dead sexy, however you gotta give props to the Z. I'll never be able to own or drive a fgt, but I own a Z that will compete with it any day of the week.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
the fgt is dead sexy, however you gotta give props to the Z. I'll never be able to own or drive a fgt, but I own a Z that will compete with it any day of the week.

Thank you!! Also, to add some insight since it seems that it got lost....the Z06 in the video is close to stock and he didn't have to spend $80K to match the GT with the last being considered an exotic car. Judging by the mods in the Corvette I'll venture to say not even $1,500has been spent. The point is missing here and it's clear. This can't be said about a GT500 which rivals the price of the ZO6 and it will take a considerable amount of money to even run door to door with a stock Z06. The Z06 was not meant to run against cars like the GT for that matter neither the GT500 but guess what?.... The Corvette can hang with the exotics stock or semi-stock. That can't be said about any other car in that price range.

Ryan.K.

VOLENS ET POTENS
Established Member
Chevy is God and that's all anyone needs to know. I love ZO6's..but I would rather have the new CTS-V.

GT500's are a waste of money unless you are a true enthusiast. If you buy one for performance your an idiot.

NateCR

Banned
A $50.00 pulley would change the out come..

people like you i want to ****in slap.

a 1,000 dollar cam job would change the outcome after that.

WHO CARES.

the vid was over them racing stock and thats that. quit saying well if this happened that would happen. SOund like a ****in baby!

Last edited:

JDsfastGN

Established Member
i think it may cost more than a 50$ pulley. Wouldn't it have to get tuned afterward... i wouldn't take a chance of going lean on a $$$ car like that. Good runs, the vid is pretty old, but the editing is awesome

red9450

Established Member
people like you i want to ****in slap.

a 1,000 dollar cam job would change the outcome after that.

WHO CARES.

the vid was over them racing stock and thats that. quit saying well if this happened that would happen. SOund like a ****in baby!

You haven't see Joe's TTT. Oh and arguing money is in the eye of the beholder.

NateCR; both of those cars weren't stock. read.:nonono:

The 500 is not a ford gt. engine is similar, but the 500 is a heavy pig.

GTO30272

Established Member
Oh that hurt me.
Take a Z06, gold chains and shove it.
An old man loving his Mustang..
Jeff

If we are going to be using ignorant stereotypes, than I guess you live in a trailer park and are married to your cousin right? :rollseyes

There is no denying that a Z06 is a better overall performing car than any mustang. Just like there is no denying that the vast majority of people would rather have a free Ford GT than a free C6 Z06. People are quick to point out that at the end of the day one is driving a Ford GT and the other is driving a Chevy, but that is just how it is. Z06 owners say the same thing when they lose to a modded Cobra, and Cobra owners say the same thing when they lose to a modded Civic. Both cars are amazing vehicles with different purposes and qualities. :beer:

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
If we are going to be using ignorant stereotypes, than I guess you live in a trailer park and are married to your cousin right? :rollseyes

There is no denying that a Z06 is a better overall performing car than any mustang. Just like there is no denying that the vast majority of people would rather have a free Ford GT than a free C6 Z06. People are quick to point out that at the end of the day one is driving a Ford GT and the other is driving a Chevy, but that is just how it is. Z06 owners say the same thing when they lose to a modded Cobra, and Cobra owners say the same thing when they lose to a modded Civic. Both cars are amazing vehicles with different purposes and qualities. :beer:

I've never been a fan of a Corvette's until the C6 ZO6 came along. For me I much rather be driving around in my Cobra than any Corvette out there. . . . except of course the C6 ZO6 or ZR1. Even then I would be having a hard time letting the Cobra go. As a matter of fact, as I am sitting here now thinking about it, I think I would almost have to keep the Cobra and make the C6 ZO6 or ZR1 additional car. I guess I don't like the stigma Corvettes have . . . . . . .or something. :shrug:

I've never been a fan of a Corvette's until the C6 ZO6 came along. For me I much rather be driving around in my Cobra than any Corvette out there. . . . except of course the C6 ZO6 or ZR1. Even then I would be having a hard time letting the Cobra go. As a matter of fact, as I am sitting here now thinking about it, I think I would almost have to keep the Cobra and make the C6 ZO6 or ZR1 additional car. I guess I don't like the stigma Corvettes have . . . . . . .or something. :shrug:

On the other hand, if I were offered a GTX 1 for my Cobra, I do believe would be beaming my keys to the new owner of a 10th Anniversary Cobra. ;)

Last edited:

stainless40cal

Established Member
It wouldn't take much for A GT to destroy a C6 poser.
Ford GT is sex, A vette is,, well a vette.
Different league. GT is a supercar the Z06 is still a Chebbie one cam wonder.
Jeff

lol dont get butt hurt cause the ford lost. They are both great cars.....

Whats so wrong with the chebbie one cam wonder????

Someone please do inform me and tell me how and why the GT is worth so much more? Because ford said so?

Mind you i dont think the z is worth 70k either but the Gt's price is just out of hand..

kwkshift

Established Member
Obviously you've never closely looked at or had any experiences with a GT to understand why they cost what they do.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
lol dont get butt hurt cause the ford lost. They are both great cars.....

Whats so wrong with the chebbie one cam wonder????

Someone please do inform me and tell me how and why the GT is worth so much more? Because ford said so?

Mind you i dont think the z is worth 70k either but the Gt's price is just out of hand..

150k is out of hand when it will run with supercars from Porsche and Ferrari that cost 600k+?

The Z doesn't have an advantage over the GT. In certain areas it matches its acceleration but the GT can still take a Z on a road-course.

Users who are viewing this thread