Z06 Corvette Vs. Ford GT

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
For that amount of money, I would make sure that no car that cost less than mine would outrun me, especially with a simple intake and tune....:nonono:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
barely modded z06? thats what the title says...how about you barely mod the FGT with a tune and a pulley :D

mustangbee

Established Member
since when did c6 z06's cost $40k???

i think hes saying how the Zo6 cost $80k less than the Ford GT, yet it will run neck and neck in any dept.

someone said something about a $50 pulley taking care of that??? haha, what about throwing 80k in the Zo6 to make the prices equal-ricer war!

ghost96gt

Shoot to Thill
Established Member
and hes saying that a z06 isnt 80 thousand less than a ford gt last time i checked they were 140,000 - 80,000 is 60,000 but still why does everyone start getting into a arguement well i i took the price of ur car and put it in mine i would be faster blah blah blah who cars! And the pulley person i think was just saying slap a pulley on it and it would be a different outcome not trying to say if u mod the gt the same amount.....

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
My point was you can't really make a good argument on how cheap it is to mod a car that already cost more than 2x the cost of another.

Base MSRP for a 2006 GT was $149,995
Base MSRP for a 2007 Z06 was $69,000

So the math shows pretty damn close to $80k difference. Add in tax and GG tax and it gets even bigger.

mustangbee

Established Member
i still think both cars are badass for the price, i just wish ford would come out with SOMETHING around the 80k range to compete with the GTRs, vipers, Zs

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
god this shit gets old.

People post videos of c6 z06 vs 03/04 cobras and the same shit gets delt with.

Just look at the prices of each vehicle from now on, its all that matters.

Ford GT $150,000

c6 Z06 $70,000

Not only did the z06 beat the GT, but it didnt take $80,000 in modifications to do it.

Im a ford guy through and through. But I give credit where credit is due.

Chevy built a monster, plain and simple. And I agree with the above statement, that I also wish ford would have created something in the $80k range to compete, and not the heavy and slow GT500 with the $20k markup.

-Sean

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
i still think both cars are badass for the price, i just wish ford would come out with SOMETHING around the 80k range to compete with the GTRs, vipers, Zs

They are called GT500's with dealer markups. And no, they don't compete.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
My point was you can't really make a good argument on how cheap it is to mod a car that already cost more than 2x the cost of another.

Base MSRP for a 2006 GT was $149,995
Base MSRP for a 2007 Z06 was $69,000

So the math shows pretty damn close to $80k difference. Add in tax and GG tax and it gets even bigger.

The GT is $80,000 more because it is $80,000 better. Performance is very close, but the GT is the better looking, more refined, and more bespoke (not all the switchgear is from another car) It also wont depreciate like a fat man falling out of an airplane like the Z06 already has began. (which is good new for the used market) Using the price logic doesn't make since because the GT is actually cheaper than its main rivals (Gallardo, 360, and 430)

Common

Established Member
Ford GT= appreciating ASSET. It doesn't hold price anymore, they're starting to climb.

Z06- a car that drops 10k for every 5k miles you put on it pretty much for the first year or two.

STOCK for stock it's a drivers race pretty much, "barely moded" is a subjective term and I hate when tools have races like this and portray it the wrong way.

Last edited:

CobraJay

Established Member
god this shit gets old.

People post videos of c6 z06 vs 03/04 cobras and the same shit gets delt with.

Just look at the prices of each vehicle from now on, its all that matters.

Ford GT $150,000

c6 Z06 $70,000

Not only did the z06 beat the GT, but it didnt take $80,000 in modifications to do it.

Im a ford guy through and through. But I give credit where credit is due.

Chevy built a monster, plain and simple. And I agree with the above statement, that I also wish ford would have created something in the $80k range to compete, and not the heavy and slow GT500 with the $20k markup.

-Sean

Users who are viewing this thread