Z06 Corvette Vs. Ford GT

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The GT is $80,000 more because it is $80,000 better. Performance is very close, but the GT is the better looking, more refined, and more bespoke (not all the switchgear is from another car) It also wont depreciate like a fat man falling out of an airplane like the Z06 already has began. (which is good new for the used market) Using the price logic doesn't make since because the GT is actually cheaper than its main rivals (Gallardo, 360, and 430)

I never once said it wasn't worth $80k more, simpy you cannot make a very convincing arguement on how cheap it is to modify a car that already costs way more than the other.

mustangbee

Established Member
i even liked the cobra R approach, but we need a new twist:

stripped 3200lbs, 500hp NA, full suspension-$45k limited production

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
i even liked the cobra R approach, but we need a new twist:

stripped 3200lbs, 500hp NA, full suspension-$45k limited production

Is a 3200# street legal S197 platform even physically possible? It would be cool if it was.

The $45k part would be the second hurdle after that.

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I never once said it wasn't worth $80k more, simpy you cannot make a very convincing arguement on how cheap it is to modify a car that already costs way more than the other.

Yea. Also I don't think you can compare modified cars with stock cars unless you take the money part out completely. After you mod either one, its not the original engineering, so comparing base MSRP is relatively void.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It's ok the Ford GT lost to a modded C6 ZO6. At the end of the day one man is driving a corvette while another is driving a Ford GT. Guess which car I rather be driving home in.

By the way, I love the description of the video.

"C6 Z06 vs GT 40.....barely modded almost stock z06 rapes fords pride."

:nonono:

PROCHRGD01

Established Member
god this shit gets old.

People post videos of c6 z06 vs 03/04 cobras and the same shit gets delt with.

Just look at the prices of each vehicle from now on, its all that matters.

Ford GT $150,000

c6 Z06 $70,000

Not only did the z06 beat the GT, but it didnt take $80,000 in modifications to do it.

Im a ford guy through and through. But I give credit where credit is due.

Chevy built a monster, plain and simple. And I agree with the above statement, that I also wish ford would have created something in the $80k range to compete, and not the heavy and slow GT500 with the $20k markup.

-Sean

What's your point?? You can take a Mustang GT and put $25K in mods and outrun a Z06 and be under $70K price tag. I'll take the GT.

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
If I remember correctly they only made 3000 Ford GTs and Chevy is making tens of thousands of C6 Z06s. This is the biggest reason for the cost difference.

Both cars are bad ass though.

logan_yomtov

Established Member
give me a ford gt any day of the week over the z06, zr1 or whatever else.

The ford GT will grow to be one of the most desirable, collectible exotics in the automotive world. All the while, in a couple more years i will hopefully be able to pick up a z06 for around $30-40k.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
It wouldn't take much for A GT to destroy a C6 poser.
Ford GT is sex, A vette is,, well a vette.
Different league. GT is a supercar the Z06 is still a Chebbie one cam wonder.
Jeff

scn

Established Member
Everybody needs to lay of the vette for being so successful. It's numbers make it the best bang for the buck( and then some...) and it looks killer. Was the target goal of the Z06 to be like the Ford GT? NO. It was never met to be a low production exotic. Looks are subjective but I doubt anyone on here is going to make the arguement that the Z is better looking.
All in all, stop making the comparisons that were never met to be.
I bet if Ford made a car like the Z06, priced it simillarly, and had the same production numbers as the Z06, you couldn't wipe the smiles off everyones face here. Furthermore, you wouldn't hear anybody bitching about production numbers.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Everybody needs to lay of the vette for being so successful. It's numbers make it the best bang for the buck( and then some...) and it looks killer. Was the target goal of the Z06 to be like the Ford GT? NO. It was never met to be a low production exotic. Looks are subjective but I doubt anyone on here is going to make the arguement that the Z is better looking.
All in all, stop making the comparisons that were never met to be.
I bet if Ford made a car like the Z06, priced it simillarly, and had the same production numbers as the Z06, you couldn't wipe the smiles off everyones face here. Furthermore, you wouldn't hear anybody bitching about production numbers.

:poke:

The people on this site give a great amount of respect to the C6 ZO6. :read:

Last edited:

miclightning

SVT Detailer
Established Member
What's your point?? You can take a Mustang GT and put $25K in mods and outrun a Z06 and be under $70K price tag. I'll take the GT.

thats EXACTLY my point.

Z06 - $70,000

03 Cobra - $30,000 (used)

go and dump that $40,000 difference in the cobra.....

Z06 would get raped.

and hell yeah id take the cobra any day.

Im just saying that all these stupid ass videos bring up one main point that some people over look. PRICE TAG.

Congrats, the z06 beat something that ford made, with not enough power, and over priced in my opinion.

-Sean

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
thats EXACTLY my point.

Z06 - $70,000

03 Cobra - $30,000 (used)

go and dump that $40,000 difference in the cobra.....

Z06 would get raped.

and hell yeah id take the cobra any day.

Im just saying that all these stupid ass videos bring up one main point that some people over look. PRICE TAG.

Congrats, the z06 beat something that ford made, with not enough power, and over priced in my opinion.

-Sean
Shhh,
Don't tell anybody the Terminator is the best bang-for-the-buck.
Nobody will believe you.
Smoked two C6 Z06's stock or not.
Kiss my old Mustang butt!
Jeff

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
Both sick cars.. you guys should be excited that 2 badass cars are racing. who cares about price.. only people bitch about price is the ones who cant afford.

scn

Established Member
:poke:

The people on this site give a great amount of respect to the C6 ZO6. :read:

:poke::poke:

Whenever the Z is compared to an exotic, people always complain that there are too many out there.
Are there more vettes than most exotics? Yes. That much is OBVIOUS. I just don't understand why people treat this as a bad thing. The vette is successful, deal with it.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
It is funny that this modded Z beat the FGT but a stock 08 Viper raped a modded Z, one w/ similar mods as this Z. (the thread was a few weeks ago). Go figure?

Users who are viewing this thread