Your Death Can Reveal Only an Afterlife

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
On the subject of life after death, I have heard several people remark in closing that when we die we will conclusively know whether or not our personal experience continues beyond our biological demise. In all such discussions that I've been involved in, or near enough to overhear, participants readily accept this statement with unwavering agreement.

I think they're all demonstrably wrong. And I hope you disagree with me at this point.

In the event of your death, you may find that your personal experience in some capacity persists. If this is the case, you can experientially conclude and actually know that life in fact continues after death. If, on the other hand, death precedes nonexistence and you die, it will be utterly impossible for you to experience in any manner whatsoever because you, by definition of nonexistence, will not be present to do so. Therefore, if your death is to reveal, the revelation itself will necessarily be a confirmation of an afterlife. Otherwise, your death is simply not to reveal—at all.

At this point I still hope you disagree with me. Please interrogate and perhaps insult if appropriate.

:pop:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I have not died yet. My bet is on rotting and converting this physical energy into another form of physical energy via decay.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Read about NDE (Near Death Experiences) the most common experience is out of body, usually the individual who dies, will float above their body. I read there was a blind man who died on the operating table, then few minutes later doctors were able to revive him. When he came back, he was able to describe every detail about the room, and what people were wearing. There was this other vid i watched, about this kid who got shot in the head (its on youtube, its pretty moving), he said something was holding him up, but once he collapsed, and slowly started getting tired and relaxed, he started following the ambulance on his skateboard.

It's crazy shit... actually when you are legally dead and they are able to resuscitate you, they will ask you what you saw, for research purposes.

My grandpa died one time, when his heart stopped, he remembers a snowy white TV with the sound. He said he felt comfrotable, relaxed, and happy... Like all the pain he ever had just stopped and it was just comfort at that point... He said it was the best he had ever felt... and my grandpa is the most unreligous person you will ever meet...

Philosoraptor says

"what if the light at the end of the tunnel when you die, is the end of a vagina?"

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
:lol: now that is deep!!!

That's what she said? :banana:

Either way, once we're done, our current selves are no more.
Though there's something to be said for beliefs that have lasted longer than any civilization.
All that matters is if you are content with how you've led your life.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Your spirit and soul separate from your physical body. From other peoples testimony, on one account there is war between spiritual entities between the light and darkness. Some people go directly into the light, and some go the opposite way. On another account some people who are going into the light get sucked into a tunnel and is moving faster than the speed light if I remember correctly towards the light. And if you think about it on a logical standpoint that's pretty darn fast.

mysterio

Established Member
Carl the gardener in Caddyshack will achieve total consciousness on his death bed, bestowed on him by the Dali Lama. So he's got that going for him.

The rest of us should be so lucky.

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
DaleM said:
My bet is on rotting and converting this physical energy into another form of physical energy via decay.

I think it is futile for us to try and prevent the atoms that compose our bodies from being recirculated and reused elsewhere in nature after death. This is why I will always argue that placing our dead in coffins in the ground is a very shortsighted and ridiculous exercise. Even if this tradition is consoling, it is not scalable with population growth over time.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
MY wife works in a Hospital. She has seen MANY people die. She says that until you see the various states at which people die you dont really understand. By "various states" I mean some people are terified, some only want to die to end the pain, and others are ready to die, have their things in order and are completely content. My wife says that she has never seen a more peaceful person than when they die. They look happy(if that makes any sence).

Last week she had a patiant who died and was dead for something like 10-15 minutes and then was brought back. That lady(a sturn none beliver in God/the after life, etc) told my wife that when she died she was standing in a room, the walls were glowing bright white and all she heard was a voice that said "you have not lived the life I gave you correctly, go back and make a change". The next thing she knew she was laying in the hospital with my wife next to here. She is now a believer and is reading a bible daily.

My dad drown in a swimming pool when he was 11-12(he is 63 now) and he still remembers what happened like it was yesterday. He said he was walking up to a giant white door way with light coming out of it. He could not see inside but before he reached the door a voice said to him "Gary, it is not your time, you have a life to live". Next thing he remembers is waking up on the side of the pool.

Some crazy stuff for sure. Really makes you question what IS and what IS NOT.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Is this what you believe or do you somehow know with certainty?

What I believe from what I read and hear. Your soul is your mind, will, and emotions. Your spirit is what makes you....you. They are intertwined with each other. Once the body dies, it separates and that's one of the mysteries of life.

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Carl the gardener in Caddyshack will achieve total consciousness on his death bed, bestowed on him by the Dali Lama. So he's got that going for him.

Carl Spackler: "And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Carl the gardener in Caddyshack will achieve total consciousness on his death bed, bestowed on him by the Dali Lama. So he's got that going for him. Which is nice!

Users who are viewing this thread