Young Punk Teen

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
GTFlow where did this happen at, in warrensburg? Oh ya and what squadron are you in over there, just curious b/c my dad has worked over there for about the last 10 or 15 years.

Nope I was up in KC.......the wife was doing some shopping. I work in the Maintenance Squadron here at WAFB.

If everyone knows that you did nothing wrong then why do you have to go through the time and money of having to go to court to fight it. The DA should just have the charges dismissed becuase they have no evidence.

It's been a real long time since I received a ticket *knocks on wood* but from what I remember once the ticket is written it is in the system until it either gets paid or fought in court......and the wife decided to fight it.

As for why we stop instead of going........I'm not sure :shrug: the wife was the one driving. If it was me I most likely would have kept going but she said she was shaken up.......or whatever reasons she had...all I know is she was furious.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like a crappy situation, hopefully everything will turn out for you. Also, the DA should be able to dismiss it, they are the ones who determine if something should go to court, I would try talking to them about the video, otherwise it is a big waste of time and money for the state, as well as a total PITA for you and your wife. Good luck.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
Sounds like a crappy situation, hopefully everything will turn out for you. Also, the DA should be able to dismiss it, they are the ones who determine if something should go to court, I would try talking to them about the video, otherwise it is a big waste of time and money for the state, as well as a total PITA for you and your wife. Good luck.

I'll have the wife ask. Can't do anything today (Sunday) but I will for sure let her know to talk to the DA tomorrow and see what can be done....:thumbsup:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
The dude was probably high.

drag.gif

burnzilla

Established Member
Its just weed, thats not an excuse to act like a dipshit.
If we are going to apply blame lets aim it correctly.

03cobraFL

Established Member
Why the hell would that dumbass cop write your wife a ticket reckless driving when he wasn't even witness to the accident. not only would i fight the ticket but i would try to get the cop fired or reprimanded for his incompetence.
thank god the little turd didn't harm you and your family.

It's all about the power trip for them.

Lowrie

Established Member
god don't post this in the donut shop. They'll gang up & tear you apart with all kinds of excuses why their fellow LEO was right and you were wrong.

+1

I can't stand the donut shop. It's infuriating listening to them rip people new ones, because they're defending each other. I can't stand listening to their excuses.

Last edited:

WVUAnt

Lets Go!!.....
Established Member
I'm glad to hear that things are headed in the right direction. Take it easy on the officer. While his demeanor may not have been rosey and cheery, you don't know how the situation was reported to him. A motorist may have reported that a Firebird crashed while racing a Mustang.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
I'm glad to hear that things are headed in the right direction. Take it easy on the officer. While his demeanor may not have been rosey and cheery, you don't know how the situation was reported to him. A motorist may have reported that a Firebird crashed while racing a Mustang.

BooHoo...Law enforcement are paid professionals trained to observe and make decisions (supposedly) and this guy just screwed this family due to his incompetence. No excuse, no sympathy.

tistan

Established Member
BooHoo...Law enforcement are paid professionals trained to observe and make decisions (supposedly) and this guy just screwed this family due to his incompetence. No excuse, no sympathy.

While we don't know the officers side of the story, if the OP story is 100% true then I agree with you. Police make mistakes, and if the officer did make a mistake there should be a way to amend the ticket without the cost of going to court .

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
Update!!!!!

Ladies and Gents the wifey is in the clear..... :thumbsup: She went up to the city today and spoke with the officer who wrote the ticket and the DA. From what the wife said the DA and the officer both reviewed the traffic light tape again and seen that my wife was NOT in fact racing this kid and could see how this Teen was riding her ass and being a total dipshit all the way from the interstate off ramp light. So yup she don't have to go to court or pay any fees thank goodness :banana: . As for the officer, he apologized again to the wife for the inconvenience and although his apology may have been sincere it still pissed me off that he would comment on me affording our car on my military pay but whatever. Oh yeah as for the Teen.........he just turned 16 according to the DA and he was driving his Dads WS6:bash:. I don't know about ya'll but if I was driving my dads car and trashed it I would be crying like a little beesh!! instead of talking shit like "I almost smoked you!!" or whatever. My dad would have had the cops throw my ass in jail or juvie......no shit!

Anyway fellas I appreciate all the advice and support.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Ladies and Gents the wifey is in the clear..... :thumbsup: She went up to the city today and spoke with the officer who wrote the ticket and the DA. From what the wife said the DA and the officer both reviewed the traffic light tape again and seen that my wife was NOT in fact racing this kid and could see how this Teen was riding her ass and being a total dipshit all the way from the interstate off ramp light. So yup she don't have to go to court or pay any fees thank goodness :banana: . As for the officer, he apologized again to the wife for the inconvenience and although his apology may have been sincere it still pissed me off that he would comment on me affording our car on my military pay but whatever. Oh yeah as for the Teen.........he just turned 16 according to the DA and he was driving his Dads WS6:bash:. I don't know about ya'll but if I was driving my dads car and trashed it I would be crying like a little beesh!! instead of talking shit like "I almost smoked you!!" or whatever. My dad would have had the cops throw my ass in jail or juvie......no shit!

Anyway fellas I appreciate all the advice and support.

Great news man! They did the right thing.
As far as the cop goes I would still go after him. He has no right to do what he did and say what he said about your financial status.....What an A-Hole
The only thing he is sorry for is the fact that HE GOT CAUGHT!
Sorry your family was put through that crap

tistan

Established Member
I am glad it worked out good for you. I wouldn't push going after the police officer any further. You have to remember his friends are on the force and they will remember you and your car if you try to make an issue of this.

03cobraFL

Established Member
+1

I can't stand the donut shop. It's infuriating listening to them rip people new ones, because they're defending each other. I can't stand listening to their excuses.

+1 CSD and FordSVTFan love to go around flashing their internet badge. According to them cops are always right, and we are all idiots to think otherwise.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
+1

+1 i got two points infraction because i posted on a thread that was for "LEO"'s (i am assuming that is some kind of internet thing for cop, i dont now Leo or Leonardo isnt really a popular name anymore). i didnt know i wasnt allowed to post there...:shrug:

Addicted2Fun

Established Member
I had a situation just like this.. the only difference is i was turning in to a bowling alley. When the cop finally showed up from this punk ass teen that tried to race me when i was making a left hand turn with SIGNAL LIGHT, the cop wrote me a ticket for drag racing...... Needless to say i was pissed... ANYWAYS i go to court to fight it, had a friend in my car with me and was on stand to tell what really happend. After the whole court proceedings i felt, no way in HELL i would be found guilty. Down goes the gavel, and im paying fines for drag racing. As long as your driving the car, your guilty. Want my advice... higher a lawyer otherwise, your gonna pay for it 10 fold in insurance.

GTFlow

Freak of Nature
Established Member
Great news man! They did the right thing.
As far as the cop goes I would still go after him. He has no right to do what he did and say what he said about your financial status.....What an A-Hole
The only thing he is sorry for is the fact that HE GOT CAUGHT!
Sorry your family was put through that crap

Yeah the big thing is we are ok.......as for the officer, I'm not gonna file a complaint.......he apologized and I can respect that. Most people wouldn't apologize. He must have had a bad day but hey I guess we all have our bad days here and there.

I am glad it worked out good for you. I wouldn't push going after the police officer any further. You have to remember his friends are on the force and they will remember you and your car if you try to make an issue of this.

I'm not going after the officer......he did do his job. Like I said he was probably having a bad day.......it was Black Friday after all and traffic was hectic and besides that like I replied to TERMIN8TR.......the officer had enough respect to apologize and that's cool.

MGTerminator

Established Member
+1 i got two points infraction because i posted on a thread that was for "LEO"'s (i am assuming that is some kind of internet thing for cop, i dont now Leo or Leonardo isnt really a popular name anymore). i didnt know i wasnt allowed to post there...:shrug:

just a fyi, it stands for "law enforcement officers." :beer:

The AntiRice

Established Member
kinda off topic but i was getting my hair buzzed at one of the local asian shops and some ****tard walks in and sits down waiting for his turn. this dude had obviously been what we like to call a shitbag in the military. anyway he starts talkin about how its bullshit that people in the military make so much money and have such nice things cuz he works so hard and cant afford blah blah blah (obviously referring to my car sitting out in the parking lot with the post tags on it). i just got back from iraq 5 months ago and wanted to jump out of my seat and tell him just how ****ing hard i worked for the last 14 months of my life. i cant stand it when civilians bitch and complain about what we make (its not alot trust me).

Users who are viewing this thread