you guys are gonna hate the throttle by wire

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
It really lags accelerating and decelerating. I know a flash can fix it but it should be better stock.

Oh yeah, went for a nice test drive of a CP build car (identical to production but not emissions approved). Buddy of mine works at Flat Rock and brought one home last night. White vert, top material is the same bug/leaf/hair magnet on the terms.

My impressions;

Needs Tune; to get rid of the throttle by wire delay (accel and decel) and lean it up a bit

Exhaust; way to quiet, as expected, needs catback

Intake; maybe, maybe not, dyno time will tell. It is a big flat panel now.

Port the blower/tb/elbow; never seen the bottom/inside of the M122, hopefully some gains possible but doubtful due to you cant spin it harder.
Blower is painted black, polishing or powdercoating will snazz it up.

Lowering springs; at least 1.5" all around, severe 4x4 right now, get it down to 3 fingers gap. Watch my friend pull away last night and then brake hard, serious nose up then nose dive, springs will remedy. Car was a vert and sprung very soft, drove it on rough roads and far more comfortable than my car would have been.

Seats are miles better than term seats, wider, simpler, better.

Hood vents look good from underneath, so does hood blanket, no change suggested.

Very busy engine compartment, more "tanks" and reservoirs then ours. Accessories are all moved, PS pump is above, Alt is way down low. Upper pulley looks smaller than at the auto show, no improvements with pullies is my SWAG, appearance only on the Shelby. Longevity concern reduced because you will not be able to spin the blower harder than stock.

Fuel rails are huge, intended for twinscrew no doubt.

IC cap is very different, basically long cast item reaching out from manifold 8-10" towards front of 10 rib system. Easier access to unbolt it for blower swaps.

Comfortable, awesome looking, great handling, hop free stock with twinscrews already in the works (per a friend who works at FRPP)

flash
port
lower
intake
exhaust.........and stop

Honest opinion of the feel... 2.93 unported car will hold it even if stock. Full ported cpie term will walk it.
Once the Shelby is BPU, need 17psi twinscrew on the term.

No pics, no vids, I want my friend to keep his job.

stang22

Established Member
I guess Ford,SVT and Shelby's comments, about being the most powerful factory mustang ever made in mustang's history really doesn't count or mean anything,.right!I guess what I was trying to say was once the shelby has a chance for comparable mods,...it will walk the termite. I corrected my post and say good job as I over-reacted on my first thoughts,as I know what you are trying too say now! I apologize and good job. ;-)

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
stang22 said:
Another uninformed jealous person!! And I guess Ford,SVT and Shelby's comments, about being the most powerful factory mustang ever made in mustang's history really doesn't count or mean anything,.right?!!...just because your friend said so,...This is way too funny! Here's my message for him or whomever believes such crap,... :kaboom: !!!! :bs: !!

wtf?? :dw:

thanks for that info postban! :beer:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
stang22 said:
Another uninformed jealous person!! And I guess Ford,SVT and Shelby's comments, about being the most powerful factory mustang ever made in mustang's history really doesn't count or mean anything,.right?!!...just because your friend said so,...This is way too funny! Here's my message for him or whomever believes such crap,... :kaboom: !!!! :bs: !!

umm, I was in the car so that rules out uninformed, my actual perceptions....

and jealous,
hystery.gif

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
stang22 said:

53484.gif

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
stang22 said:
Got decaf? :nonono:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Excellent, first-hand account of a GT500 by a respected and EXPERIENCED supercharged Mustang driver. :thumbsup:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
04MystiCobra said:
Does it feel as heavy as the numbers are showing? Isn't it right at 4,000ish?

It does feel heavy but it does not have the body roll you would associate with a number like that. It stays level in tight turns but then again sucks up the bumps on a shitty Michigan road, go figure. Side to side, minimal roll, front to back nose dive, more than a term.
I wish it would have been a coupe we tested.

one more thing, my friend said the clutch is the most slippable, streetable one he has ever driven. It makes an aubidble "hiss" or "air escaping" sound when you start to engage the clutch. 26 spline double disc from my pics thread back in January.

GTWill

Established Member
postban said:
Honest opinion of the feel... 2.93 unported car will hold it even if stock. Full ported cpie term will walk it.
Once the Shelby is BPU, need 17psi twinscrew on the term.
Great post thanks. I think I know what you are saying here but I don't want to assume anything. Would you put that it terms that my dumb layman ass can understand. Thanks

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
GTWill said:
Great post thanks. I think I know what you are saying here but I don't want to assume anything. Would you put that it terms that my dumb layman ass can understand. Thanks

My base of knowledge for comparison is driving/riding all levels of modded terminators and this one Shelby. My personal car made 650+ rwhp last year and features most of the mods available.

In my opinion;

A terminator modified with chip(tune)/pulley/intake/exhaust approx 430-450 rwhp will be about the same feel as a stock shelby.

A terminator with ported eaton blower, lower/upper pulley combo, exhaust/intake/tune approx 500rwhp will pull past a shelby.

A terminator with a twinscrew blower and supporting mods approx 550-600 rwhp will smoke a stock Shelby

A Shelby with ASSUMED increases from standard BPU (basic power upgrade) mods, such as above SHOULD hold even with the mid 500's rwhp twinscrew blower Terminator.

A twinscrew Shelby should be about equal with the fastest of stock block terminators, provided the shortblock is similarly stout. We know the pistons in terms have a safe limit of approx 575rwhp. There is too much shit in the way to put a lower pulley on the thing and the upper is small to start with. Gear drive twinscrew snouts is about the only chance for more boost.

Built motor, big spray and turbo terms have a few years while the shelby's catch up.

My assuming stops there and waits for more data.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
stang22 said:

What he's saying is true! Reminded me of the 05 Gt's when they first came out! A tune will fix it!

Tim

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
no doubt in my mind that ford is restricting blower mods so they can sell some FRPP twin screws. it only makes perfect sense, and what he says just gives it more evidence(about ease of blower removal). i would imagine that in the end you would be better off just going for the twin screw than for a blower snout/gear change.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Is there room for an aux belt tensioner ? because im sure there's going to be allot of belt slip with the change of the snount/gear (smaller pulley) or switching out to a twin screw ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread