You ****ed up, Holmes!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I imagine he just had a hard time following two separate conversations. Of course a full grown ass man isnta child.

I brought up the hypothetical situation of a child or someone else not engaged in felonious behavior getting chewed up the same way.

I still believe even in the posted video, there’s a chance those dogs getting punished. Dude deserved it, but I cant help but think that dogs that continue to attack would be deemed dangers.

Agreed.

Local laws will play into this, but liability will treat it like a booby-trap.

That dog has no idea if that's a thief, utility worker, lost elderly man with dementia, kid trying to get back a football or an EMS worker trying to get inside the house to render aid.

If the owner was there and unleashed the dog, you could argue "self defense". But since it was a dog chilling out side with no owner around, it will be agued as a dangerous animal.

This is why you NEVER get a "warning attack dog" sign.

You are basically telegraphing to the courts you know damn well your dog is dangerous and in the event someone is injured - you are clearly neglegent. (If you were not neglegent, no one would have been hurt).

Last edited:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Also, pro tip.

Junkyard dogs suck for security.

Those mean ass ghetto dogs are just abused, neglected and poorly fed.

Ground beef, plastic bowl and some malt liquor. Best friend for life or at least a drunk and distracted dog.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed.

Local laws will play into this, but liability will treat it like a booby-trap.

That dog has no idea if that's a thief, utility worker, lost elderly man with dementia, kid trying to get back a football or an EMS worker trying to get inside the house to render aid.

If the owner was there and unleashed the dog, you could argue "self defense". But since it was a dog chilling out side with no owner around, it will be agued as a dangerous animal.

This is why you NEVER get a "warning attack dog" sign.

You are basically telegraphing to the courts you know damn well your dog is dangerous and in the event someone is injured - you are clearly neglegent. (If you were not neglegent, no one would have been hurt).

I was too big of a pussy to say it, but I agree wholeheartedly about the dog warning.

The only thing that sign does is deter someone who isn’t set on doing something stupid. Once the stupidity has commenced, all it serves as is an admission of a dog that needs to “be aware of.”

Like a lock on a door, that sign doesn’t mean shit after things start.

(On another note, would a “trespassers will be shot” sign signal premeditation? I’m not agreeing with the principal here, just that society sucks)

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Also, pro tip.

Junkyard dogs suck for security.

Those mean ass ghetto dogs are just abused, neglected and poorly fed.

Ground beef, plastic bowl and some malt liquor. Best friend for life or at least a drunk and distracted dog.

Reminds me of a story in Lima, OH a couple years back. Had been working at a couple crossings over the course of a week or two. There was a shitty lot full of hillbilly cars and campers etc… and a shady looking medium sized pit of some sort.

Lots of kids walked the sidewalk after school and this thing was constantly yapping up and down the fence.

One afternoon I was hacking a bore pipe off a few feet underground when I hear a kid start yelling, “ahhh, help! Aaahh! Help!”

Look across the tracks and that dog had squeezed the gate and latched onto a kids arm. I saw it bite once, let go, and chase the kid down for another bite.

I was holding a sawzall when I jumped out of the hole and went his direction (maybe 20 yards at this point). All I could imagine was how nasty it would be to sawzall a dogs face off.

Short version, kid was okay minus a couple punctures, dog retreated to property, eventually taken away (not sure of result), and I didn’t have to try power sawing an aggressive canine…

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
you dont want to have an "attack dog present" but you should absolutely post "beware of dog" signs around your property for liability reasons. you can at least say you put up warnings if someone were to wander onto your property and get bit. it helps mitigate the liability. utility or emergency worker, or anyone, just opens your gate and gets rushed by a dog and gets bit, if you have zero signs warning there is a dog present, it doesnt look good. a beware of dog sign posted at each entrance gives them a heads up to try to contact the home owner first to restrain the dog before entering the property. and you have done your due diligence to avoid any potential accidents.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
The dude definitely loves pissing into the wind and seeing how much spray back he can catch.
You bastard:LOL: did this to reply to you with a funny video, clicked on videos…what was seen cannot be unseen. Suffice it to say google did not show me a clip from the movie:ROFLMAO:
03ACF78F-0EEE-4B22-A25E-AA61DFF1DF6F.png

Users who are viewing this thread