You ****ed up, Holmes!

MG0h3

Established Member
Can you educate me on how that would work?

You can sue anybody for anything. If the lawyer thinks he can get a settlement, he’ll take the case.

Holmes could say he was there to do some work on the house. If no “beware or dog signs” I could see a settlement. Homeowners insurance could balk too and just pay rather than have a huge legal battle.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
I dunno why you are “again”ing me bro… I dont need you to tell me about criminal vs civil…

i was asking about the specifics of YOUR case…

Klaus is absolutely correct.

We are supposed to have out gates padlocked to prevent access to our backyards where our dogs are kenneled. This is to show an overt action of B&E.

Yes, we’ve been sued and lost when some random kid walked through the yard, opened the gate, then got mauled by one of our K9s.

Nonsense but it is what it is.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

We are supposed to have out gates padlocked to prevent access to our backyards where our dogs are kenneled. This is to show an overt action of B&E.

Yes, we’ve been sued and lost when some random kid walked through the yard, opened the gate, then got mauled by one of our K9s.

I don't agree with the outcome but you're correct. Hopefully the pooch doesnt take the blame.

From the video this guy got what he deserved but can spin it 1000 ways.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You can sue anybody for anything. If the lawyer thinks he can get a settlement, he’ll take the case.

Holmes could say he was there to do some work on the house. If no “beware or dog signs” I could see a settlement. Homeowners insurance could balk too and just pay rather than have a huge legal battle.

yeah man, thanks. You are telling me shit that I already know… but thanks.

I dont believe i ever said to Klaus, that he was incorrect…

In your story about this suit that you lost… did the incident happen at home or work facility?

I would imagine that things are a bit different when you are talking about a trained K9 mauling a kid..

what did you “lose” in the suit exactly?

what law were you found in violation of?

In case it wasnt clear enough, let me remind you, that the point im arguing against is…. A home owner’s dog being forcefully euthanized after some dumbass trespasses and gets mauled…

Never have I ever stated that civil suits are a non issue (unless you live in a woke state).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another “you ****ed up, Holmes” moment… lol

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It was funny how the dogs were wagging their tails as they tore this pos up. He went to wailing on the one dog but it wouldn't let go.
They were wagging their tails because they actually having fun "playing with" him. So much fun, that later when he said 'bye boys, I'm outta here", they pulled him back in for another round of tail wagging fun. LOL.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I don't think that you are following that criminal liability does not matter.

You do not need to break "laws" to be liable by a civil court.

In case it wasnt clear enough, let me remind you, that the point im arguing against is…. A home owner’s dog being forcefully euthanized after some dumbass trespasses and gets mauled…

In my instance I had to go to court and was told that the dog would be destroyed if it happened again.

This was in spite of not having any criminal liability.

"Illegal" is based on what a prosecutor wants to charge. All things equal if the dogs killed the trespasser or if the trespasser was a kid or this was the 4th time this happened there would be charges.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
nah… i would bet against it…. Guy broke in… no way to fault the dog
I didn’t do a lot of digging. The video you posted looks to be from a reposter. So the story is not complete, going through the comments, this may have been Jamaica (?). Regardless, even though that dude is B&E you know that if cops were to show up to that scene the dogs would be shot. Cops don’t say “Well he is a criminal, so we can’t go in until the dogs stop chomping.”

MG0h3

Established Member
yeah man, thanks. You are telling me shit that I already know… but thanks.

I dont believe i ever said to Klaus, that he was incorrect…

In your story about this suit that you lost… did the incident happen at home or work facility?

I would imagine that things are a bit different when you are talking about a trained K9 mauling a kid..

what did you “lose” in the suit exactly?

Never have I ever stated that civil suits are a non issue (unless you live in a woke state).

You are clearly NOT understanding civil liability. Being in violation of law is not required at all.

I can sue my neighbor because the color of his house bothers me. Claim it reduced the value of my house. No laws being broken.

This was at a coworkers house. This K9 was not trained to bite, attack, or protect the house in any way. It was purely a narcotics detection K9. Trespasser got into backyard.

It’s a civil case. You lose money. What are you not understanding??

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They were throwing water on the dogs because it is used to separate the "animals" during sex. Didn't work in this case because they dogs were still fu69ing him up! HAHAHAHA

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think that you are following that criminal liability does not matter.

You are clearly NOT understanding civil liability. Being in violation of law is not required at all.

I must have mispoken… i was under the impression that you all would know I am talking about tort law, instead of criminal.

In other words, im interested to know which statue or common law was used as a legitimate basis to find you all liable for injuries.

how were you found liable/negligent?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn’t do a lot of digging. The video you posted looks to be from a reposter. So the story is not complete, going through the comments, this may have been Jamaica (?). Regardless, even though that dude is B&E you know that if cops were to show up to that scene the dogs would be shot. Cops don’t say “Well he is a criminal, so we can’t go in until the dogs stop chomping.”

yea… i can see that happening… i was thinking more like the owners being home and able to gather the dogs inside before the popos got there…. I dont see the dog being euthanized for defending the owners and their property… especially if they are putting no one else in danger…

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I must have mispoken… i was under the impression that you all would know I am talking about tort law, instead of criminal.

In other words, im interested to know which statue or common law was used as a legitimate basis to find you all liable for injuries.

Criminal/common law and civil law are two different things.

This does not get into the biggest determinate of liability which is how deep your pockets are. Chances are that if you have killer dogs to protect your shit you have money which means that you are inherently vulnerable to civil lawsuit.

If you think dogbite liability is complicated you better brush up on the civil liability you have if you shoot someone.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Criminal/common law and civil law are two different things.

This does not get into the biggest determinate of liability which is how deep your pockets are. Chances are that if you have killer dogs to protect your shit you have money which means that you are inherently vulnerable to civil lawsuit.

If you think dogbite liability is complicated you better brush up on the civil liability you have if you shoot someone.

i know criminal law and civil law (common law / statutory law) are different things… i had just pointed that out…

i was curious about the details of your lawsuit and how you lost it (were found negligent/liable)….?

If you dont feel like sharing, thats fine, bro… lol

MG0h3

Established Member

Realized or perceived damages.

In the case of the dog, damages were the injuries.

In the hypothetical case about the house paint and reduced value of a neighboring home, the judge could order a repaint of the house or a cash settlement.

My experience is limited but I’ve been involved in a couple civil cases and they both settled during mediation. My lawyer told me that is the norm. The lawyer getting paid by the insurance company (if there is one) loves it and it’s just a game of nerves. Who will give in first, the insurance company or the person paying out of pocket to sue??

Heck. Divorce is a perfect example. Says right on the divorce papers “you are being sued”. No laws are broken, but somebody is paying!!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Realized or perceived damages.

In the case of the dog, damages were the injuries.

In the hypothetical case about the house paint and reduced value of a neighboring home, the judge could order a repaint of the house or a cash settlement.

My experience is limited but I’ve been involved in a couple civil cases and they both settled during mediation. My lawyer told me that is the norm. The lawyer getting paid by the insurance company (if there is one) loves it and it’s just a game of nerves. Who will give in first, the insurance company or the person paying out of pocket to sue??

Heck. Divorce is a perfect example. Says right on the divorce papers “you are being sued”. No laws are broken, but somebody is paying!!

This might be like 2 retards talking chess, but I dont think it is that simple….

My understanding is that in order for someone to lose the civil suit (tort law case), there must be a legitimate basis for liability. Such liability would be governed by a statue or common law…

Maybe an actual lawyer can chime in and help shed light on it….

anyway… this is way derailed…. Tis thread was meant for people ****ing up… lol

Users who are viewing this thread