Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Anyone know about the Continental 5P's.
Size I'm looking at is

295/35/20 That's 11.6 Wide, 28.1 Tall Rear
255/40/19 That's 9.2 Wide, 27 Tall Front

Still looking, need to know the sidewall heights and whether the size change might cause an issue.

I was thinking about the Conti 5P, too. However I would run the following combination:

Conti Sport Contact 5 275/40/19 front
Conti Sport Contact 5P 295/35/20 rear

LEXiiON

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I was looking for the 5p for the front. I guess the 5 would work, wonder what the difference is.

Edit: Looks like it's just the size, same compound, same tread, good catch, thanks.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
One question, the section width on the V105's are 12.4 even thou the tread is 10.7. The MPSS's section is 11.9 on a 12" tread. Is it possible the extra .4 total width on the tire will cause an issue with the fender?

It's in my basket at Tire Rack, just want to make sure I'm not going to rub in the rear.

Last edited:

99SSls1

Established Member
gt500's gtr's and cts-v's all have reported a similar problem here and there. I figured it was a certain run of the tires, maybe the serial numbers could tell us more. I still have my death wobble tires at my work hiding in a shed.
Nothing a good old tire fire can't fix.

phil123

Established Member
Not an answer to your question but have you considered R888's? Not drag radials so work great on track but also much better than MPSS for launching. Downside is I am sure they will not last as long but great tires. I have them on the rear in stock size and 275 MPSS on front. Not using on front because I don't want to drop to a 35.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Did you have the wobble and then switched to the R888?

Last edited:

phil123

Established Member
No problems with MPSS wanted a tire that would launch better than MPSS and still be good on a road track. These are filling that roll very well. They are fine in rain with reasonable driving but would would not be suitable for wet road track and as I previously mentioned life will probably not be great. But on this car particularly if you have mods the MPSS are really no better for launching than GY's. They are great tires and much better and more predicable for street driving but for launching I saw no improvement. Not willing to give up handling and get a drag radial so these seem like ideal compromise.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
V105 is shorter in the rear than the MPSS 295 by .1 and taller in front by .1. Section width in rear is my only concern.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Any more input on the .5" wider section width of the 295 v105 vs the Michelin 295 K1 Ferrarri tire? I'm worried about rubbing? Should I be?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
No wobble here, and I've had two variants of the MPSS (the first ones were both used/patched rear tires). Put about 4k miles on them and replaced them with same MPSS. All running good, I have done a few 150mph sprints in mexico and was all good.

My setup is 265/35-19 Front and 295/30-20 Rear on Forgestar CF10 wheels.
Edit: front is 98y and rear is 101y

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'm scared of the Michelin's at this point, gotta go with something else. My truck is more stable than my GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread