Yet another MPSS Tire thread

Njtony

Established Member
Looks like I got the 101Y Ferrari spec tire. Hope it doesn't explode when I get on the banks at Pocono.
Heading to Pocono for the 1/2 mile roll racing event on 7/11. Anyone know if they let you run on drag radials? Hopefully see some other shelbys there.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Reviving this, I've had the Ferrari tire and had the issue. Has anyone had this on the non Ferrari MPSS?

JeremyR

Established Member
After being away from the forum for awhile I came on here today and have been reading about the MPSS tires and the death wobble thread. This has me a little concerned because I have a brand new set sitting in my garage that I bought last summer. I still had decent tread on the Goodyears so I've been trying to wear those out first. Back when I purchased the MPSS everyone was raving about these tires. Should I keep them or sell them since they're still new? I'd rather not experience the ''death wobble'' and then have to buy new tires again.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
After being away from the forum for awhile I came on here today and have been reading about the MPSS tires and the death wobble thread. This has me a little concerned because I have a brand new set sitting in my garage that I bought last summer. I still had decent tread on the Goodyears so I've been trying to wear those out first. Back when I purchased the MPSS everyone was raving about these tires. Should I keep them or sell them since they're still new? I'd rather not experience the ''death wobble'' and then have to buy new tires again.
FWIW, this seems to be a YMMV thing. Some will tell you to sell and run away, but some of us are running MPSS with NO problems...

I made 8 (~150-160MPH) 1/2 mile and 14 (~160-170MPH) 1-mile passes in my ~640HP 2013 this summer - NO ''death wobble." My friend, kpinco, made ~8 (170-180MPH) 1-mile passes in his ~780HP 2013, also running MPSS and NO ''death wobble."

Cman01

hello
Established Member
No issue here with my MPSS 275/295 on my Forgeline wheels. 295's are the 105Y Porsche N0 version.

Tony

Ky GT500

Established Member
I've been running 275/295 (105Y) Ferrari spec rears since April of 2014, put them on right before the 50th in Charlotte. I've run road course/HPDE events and regular spirited highway driving and not had the wobble.

image.jpeg

Ky GT500

Established Member
5-6000,,, honestly don't remember the mileage that I put them on, just knew I had to get rid of the GY skates as I had a kick out in 3rd gear,, enough of that.

JeremyR

Established Member
Mine are stock size also 285/265 hopefully they're good. I'm still debating whether or not to sell them and go with something else. What's another good option for daily street driving? I don't track my car.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Anyone know about the Continental 5P's.
Size I'm looking at is

295/35/20 That's 11.6 Wide, 28.1 Tall Rear
255/40/19 That's 9.2 Wide, 27 Tall Front

Still looking, need to know the sidewall heights and whether the size change might cause an issue.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
This is so aggravating. I wonder if I get another set of the MPSS's the issue will be gone? I'm damn sure not living with this through another set.

Like I've said before everything else about the tire is great. The choices are so limited in the size needed for this car. I just wish a magazine or two would have reported this issue. I'd bet Michinin has already lost a decent amount of revenue from all the negative posts I've seen on the web.

It must not be effecting the GT350 or Ford would have picked up on it I would hope, perhaps I'll just sell this car and get a new one.

Last edited:

lpheaven

Established Member
Hey Guys,
I have these on my procharged boss 265/295 and have experienced the wobble only on certain roads/onramps and chalk it up to the tires tracking on uneven or heavily crowned streets. I can reproduce the issue on those areas. The rest of the time these tires perform extremely well on the street for me. The stock pirellis Pzeros didnt do this as pronounced, but did it as well.
Being said, i will not be replacing with MPSS again.
Best,
Rob

Users who are viewing this thread