wuts faster a mach 1 or a ls1 ss

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
I agree that the Z28 is plain looking. The SS is not however. Mach 1's IMO look like ass.

Now come on, you shouldn't be that far behind the Mach 1;-)

You 03 Cobra guys are a lot of fun too;-)

'joke' lol

03CobraBro

Established Member
It would be close... They both dyno nearly the same, they weigh almost the same, they both run mid to low 13's stock (manual tranny models)...

What I like about the Mach1 vs SS matchup though is the fact the GM crowd cant use the Forced induced excuse... and the fact the LS1 has to have a whole extra 1.1 liters to do what the DOHC 4.6 is doing, in the Mach. :)

As far as the Mach1's look... I think its one of the best looking mustangs (along with the 03 Cobra) to come out of Ford since the early 70's (other than the Cobra R model mustangs) Thats just my opinion though.

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by svtpower
damn dude ure always defending ls1s and then u have a ****en cobra

Because I only have an '03 Cobra by default. I'd have a '03 WS6 in the 10's right now if GM wouldn't have killed the fbody.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my Cobra. I feel the same way about LS1's though. I defend the LS1 on this board and I defend the '03 Cobra on the LS1 boards.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraBro
It would be close... They both dyno nearly the same, they weigh almost the same, they both run mid to low 13's stock (manual tranny models)...

As far as the Mach1's look... I think its one of the best looking mustangs (along with the 03 Cobra) to come out of Ford since the early 70's (other than the Cobra R model mustangs) Thats just my opinion though.

The Cobra R's are badasss looking. Very aggressive in appearance. I think the Mach 1's look like GT's with a cheesy paint job & body kit on them. I respect what the motor can do, but that's about as far as it goes for me. Other than the Cobra R, I think the '03 Cobra is the best looking Mustang ever. I'm not a fan of old school 'stangs.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I don't mean any disrespect to Mach 1 owners. I'm just stating my opinion.

I've seen several Mach 1's run at the track. The fastest one only ran a 13.2 @ 103mph with slicks and gears. That was on a 1.8 60'. Not very impressive. A friend of a friend has a Mach 1 with a centrifugal blower on it. It makes around 450rwhp and he's only able to crank out low 12's.

HrsPlayingLs1

Established Member
Friend of mine has a stock mach1, 13.7 at 103mph and 13.5 at 103mph. That is his best no BS. MY car stock went 13.4 at 107mph so its not to bad of a race. Anything after a 1/4 is LS1 hands down.

Also due to the low cubes and no power adder from the factory, a mach 1 won't respond to mods as good as a ls1.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
I agree the Mach 1 looks better than a Camaro any day in MY opinion....Shaker hood, Mach 1 badging enough said

blacksrt

Established Member
Ok here it is, just today I was riding with my friend in his 99 TA with flowmaster exhaust and a TSP lid. His TA is an automatic.
We ended up at a red light side by side with this mach 1 twice. Each run was the same. They were dead even from the start. The mach shifted into second before the TA did, so when the TA switched to second the mach started pullling because he was already in his power band. Same thing happened when the mach switched into 3rd the TA was in its powerband at the top of second gear. The whole time they were pretty much dead even. I do love the way the mach 1's look.

Users who are viewing this thread