wuts faster a mach 1 or a ls1 ss

joeclams9

Established Member
who says a stock ss is a challenge for the cobra with all things being equal including driver?

That being said, I'm not sure what the best a stock ss has ever run is, and what the best a stock mach has run.

Firemedic01

Established Member
Hmm, that would be a good race. I have seen all kinds of numbers for what the stock Mach 1 ones and for the most part, the numbers I have seen for the ss ls1 are quicker. Mighty close though, I would choose whoever the better driver was. I would enjoy watching that race as it would be very close. GM high tech and performance got a high 12 second run out of a LS1 Camaro but that was with a pro driver.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
First of all SS,Z28, WS6, firehawk and the regular T/A are all the same as far as performance wise.
If I would have to pick one that would be just a little quicker than the other LS1's it would have to be the "Stripper Z28" , lighter and no options with 16's.
But believe me a good driver makes all the difference in the world.
Having said that IMO the Mach 1 is the step behind the LS1 but very very close.
E.T wise they are very close but MPH the LS1 will mph over the 4.6 not alot but still more mph out of the 5.7.
I have a buddy who just bought a Mach 1 and I'am so impressed with his car and it's bone stock!
Kudos to ford for making the Mach 1 but a Thumbsdown for bringing it out so late especially when Ford (SVT) also released the Cobra in 03.
Never the less the Mach is a really fun car and every hp ford has advertised is there and a little underated in tq.

holtsch

Established Member
i used to own a z-28 and have driven my uncles mach 1. the mach seemed more powerful off the line, but the z was definately more powerful on the top end....at least from my experience driving both. I raced my uncle when I still had my z and I was ahead by a little over 4 tenths

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
what do they mach ones run anyway? i heard it was high 13s, so my guess would be the LS1. gotta give Chevy credit for that car (z28, SS, Ws6) that is one sick engine!
JD

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by SSlow 01
First of all SS,Z28, WS6, firehawk and the regular T/A are all the same as far as performance wise.
If I would have to pick one that would be just a little quicker than the other LS1's it would have to be the "Stripper Z28" , lighter and no options with 16's.
But believe me a good driver makes all the difference in the world.
Having said that IMO the Mach 1 is the step behind the LS1 but very very close.
E.T wise they are very close but MPH the LS1 will mph over the 4.6 not alot but still more mph out of the 5.7.
I have a buddy who just bought a Mach 1 and I'am so impressed with his car and it's bone stock!
Kudos to ford for making the Mach 1 but a Thumbsdown for bringing it out so late especially when Ford (SVT) also released the Cobra in 03.
Never the less the Mach is a really fun car and every hp ford has advertised is there and a little underated in tq.

Take the above as the gospel.

LS1's are faster than Mach 1's.

trey193

Established Member
Yeah on the street from a roll an SS will walk off from the Mach up top, it may be close at first but as soon as the SS hits 3rd it will get way from the Mach. LS1's topend charge is something to be desired!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by joeclams9
who says a stock ss is a challenge for the cobra with all things being equal including driver?

the last time i was at sears point a friend of mine ran a 2.0 60 13.2 @ 105 in his stock mach 1 and a stock 03 cobra was running 2.2 60 13.2 @ 109.

we all know that the cobra is faster but it is also harder to launch.

here is the bottom line: mach 1's run low 13's @ 105-106, ls1 run low 13's 106-108. from a dig it is even. from a roll the ls1 is faster. :beer:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Would be close and I would say the driver....but I did read in MM & FF that the Mach 1 accomplished 12.9s on DR's and 13.17 I believe on radials but thats a MM&FF magazine... and other magazines couldnt get them out of the 14s:shrug:

It would be a good race

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by svtpower
i think the mach 1 looks better than the ls1 the camaro is to plain

I agree that the Z28 is plain looking. The SS is not however. Mach 1's IMO look like ass.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
It's been a long time since my Mach 1 was stock. It is great to have the Ford vs Chevy stock comparisons.

The LS1's are great cars. I have a lot of fun with them now that my Mach 1 is not stock. As far as the top end goes you should see their faces when they hit 3rd and I start walking them. Gotta love the 6-sp, 4.30's and long tubes 0-140mph is awesome in my car. :thumbsup:

Most modded ls1's still take me, but they do have to have more than a lid and exhaust.

Stock for Stock it is a drivers race in town, in the open the ls1 will pull away.

Users who are viewing this thread