WTF!!! pricing on brake pads

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So I need to replace the brake pads on my 2010 focus, and rock auto and white bear lake ford both have prices for motorcraft brake pads between $130-145 just for the front pads!!

Other brands offer pads for $30-50 for the front. What the hell is up with that? I do understand motorcraft is typically more expensive than the aftermarket brands.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Wow, front pads for my brembos are $85 from White Bear.

I wonder if Ford has slowed production on the older models.

Blown 89

Established Member
Tire Rack blew everyone's prices out of the water last time I did pads. Check them and Amazon.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Now that I looked a little closer, I see two motorcraft sets for the focus. One is $40, the other is $130. Wonder what the difference is.

Thanks for the tips on the other sites. I will check them out for pricing.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I was a little shocked as I think I did the front rotors and pads on my bullitt for less than $150, but that was years ago. Haven't had to change pads in a long time.

Machdup1

Established Member
www.ROTORPROS.net

Either call or email the folks at Rotorpros. If you are just driving the car around town, their pads and rotors work fine. If you are tracking the car, pay for premium parts.

I did slotted rotors and ceramic pads on my car for $180.00 delivered total for all four corners on a special deal (Normally $280.00 Total). I did not mistype that number.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I haven't had an issue with my motorcraft pads. They are quiet, and provide ample stopping power. I've never felt like I needed more stopping power. I don't drive in any scenario/manner where brake fade is an issue on the street. Its just a freeway commuter.

I'm not looking for the best performance, just quiet with the same, if not better, stopping power. Nothing so aggressive where the initial bite is too aggressive either.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I wouldn't go back with motorcraft. They produce a ton of dust and fade easily. I did stoptech pads and slotted rotors for $300 shipped. All four corners

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I just installed the Centric/Stop Tech pads and rotors on mine, the first couple weeks produced an insane amount of dust but it has subsided and they "Bite" pretty well compared to oem.

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
I will also recommend Rich from rotopros.net

He sent me 4 slotted rotors ($180), 4 Hawk pads ($140), and 4 stainless steel lines ($140) for a total of $460

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
List is $218.97 from Ford and with labor you are just over $300. Those are slightly expensive for a Focus considering the GT350s front pads are like $280.00.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Usually, I just pick what I want, then scour the web for the best pricing. But, I won't buy from "shady" sources.

I haven't found a single source of parts that is "always" the cheapest. Don't forget taxes and shipping when comparing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I wouldn't go back with motorcraft. They produce a ton of dust and fade easily. I did stoptech pads and slotted rotors for $300 shipped. All four corners

Must be different for the mustang pads. I got some stop tech street performance pads and they produce a ton of dust. Enough so that my front wheels look grey (was silver) after driving just a couple hundred miles. My front wheels are grey while my rear wheels are silver, lol. Never had this problem with the stock setup which I drove for 8k miles. Now nearing 25k I want to throw these stop techs away. Stops better than stock, but horrid brake dust.

1Slowfocusst

Established Member
Must be different for the mustang pads. I got some stop tech street performance pads and they produce a ton of dust. Enough so that my front wheels look grey (was silver) after driving just a couple hundred miles. My front wheels are grey while my rear wheels are silver, lol. Never had this problem with the stock setup which I drove for 8k miles. Now nearing 25k I want to throw these stop techs away. Stops better than stock, but horrid brake dust.

OE pads are horrible on the ST

smitty2919

Established Member
At that price, switch to a better pad than motorcraft anyways....for street, HAawk HPS is nice.

For more bite at temp (but a lot more dust) Hawk HP+ are nice. I run them on my DD camaro that sees autocross during the summer.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I run hawk pads on my mustang. I like them a lot. I wasn't expecting a motorcraft set to be that much for a basic focus se.

I found a motorcraft set for $40, but a different part number. I'm going to give them a shot, and if it doesn't work out, i'm only out $40.

Users who are viewing this thread