WTB : Alcoa Wheels

R1Lello

Established Member
Congrats! Mine arrive Monday.

By chance does anybody know if the anybody had a machine shop machine down the mounting flange on the rear wheels so they would accommodate a 305/35 DR? I figure by machining off 1/4"-3/8" off would allow clearance for such a tire on a lowered Shelby.

wow, you really want to weaken the flange area? 1/2 inch is the correct number......3/8th might be close with 305's but doing nothing will get you rub with 305's. Shorten the rear end is the smart thing to do or buy wheels with the correct backspacing. Alcoa's are wrong by 1/2 inch, front and rear.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
wow, you really want to weaken the flange area? 1/2 inch is the correct number......3/8th might be close with 305's but doing nothing will get you rub with 305's. Shorten the rear end is the smart thing to do or buy wheels with the correct backspacing. Alcoa's are wrong by 1/2 inch, front and rear.

It was just a question...

I've never seen the back side of this particular wheel so I thought I would ask. In some cases I've seen where there's more than enough stock to remove. Thanks for the info and your opinion.

db@tasca

Thanks to everyone who purchased or inquired about the Alcoa's! These wheels fly outa here!!

I do have 1-20x9 and 2-20x10's left. Both are still brand new in the boxes and ready to ship. Someone must want some backup wheels, just in case!
Contact me if you want them...
thanks

EDIT: These are pending.

Last edited:

kenmath23

Established Member
Just bought the set from tasca, if anyone knows where to pick up one 9" wheel please let me know.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I got my wheels today and they came with the "Shelby" center caps.:rockon: I'm going to go buy some lottery tickets :dancenana:

sajonf

Established Member
I got them put on last night and had a chance to take some pics today. They look fantastic!! Thanks Don @ Tasca :banana:

eziuzk.jpg

mvowb5.jpg

smc0sl.jpg

4j6cqo.jpg

Notre Dame

Established Member
Looks Great ! Some wheel company should steal the design and make them with 11 inch rims for the back. They would sell like hot cakes ! Not sure they could get the same coating.

kenmath23

Established Member
wow

Man those look awesome!!! Nothing looks better than poslished wheels on a black car. Hopefully I can find a 9" to finish my set.

What tires did you put on there?

Notre Dame

Established Member
SHELBY/ ALCOA GUY DAY DREAMING OF REALLY GREAT BAD IDEAS....Make Shelby cars really heavy for years...CHECK. Never make the super snake wheel again to piss off all ford owners and especially super snake owners...check check.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
SHELBY/ ALCOA GUY DAY DREAMING OF REALLY GREAT BAD IDEAS....Make Shelby cars really heavy for years...CHECK. Never make the super snake wheel again to piss off all ford owners and especially super snake owners...check check.

I think that's why the shely store is only selling to SS owners from this point forward. The better hope they have a good surplus on hand!

Notre Dame

Established Member
Someone with pull needs to call alcoa or Shelby and tell them to keep making them. Silly not to make and sell something thats so liked. Whats next...NO MORE PIZZA ?

shelby2

Established Member
I soo want a set left them a msg. Anyone know were you might be able to get a set besides the Tasca mod shop?

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
I soo want a set left them a msg. Anyone know were you might be able to get a set besides the Tasca mod shop?

Cruzin concepts. You might have to finance them though. They were 700.00 per wheel a couple weeks ago. Who know how much they are now.

BlueEyedSnake

Banned
Has anyone seen these on a white GT500. Not sure how well the wheel would look on a white with grabber blue strips. I found a smoking hot deal on a wheel and tire package. Just want to see how you guys think it would look.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Has anyone seen these on a white GT500. Not sure how well the wheel would look on a white with grabber blue strips. I found a smoking hot deal on a wheel and tire package. Just want to see how you guys think it would look.

A guy on Ford gt500 forum just put a set on his white gt500 and they look great, the alcoas look amazing on any color car.

kona12

Established Member
Wish i could get a set myself. Had someone around the way gave these away for $700. I almost puked guy wanted them out the garage..

db@tasca

If anyone wants just one 20x9", I have just the one left over. Brand new in the box still, good for a spare wheel, just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread