WTB : Alcoa Wheels

kenmath23

Established Member
I am looking for a set of Alcoa Rims, with or without tires. I am looking for the polish set, not a set of powder coated rims. I am willing to buy or trade just want to get a set.

89Saleen215

Established Member
I just read elsewhere that the Tasca Mod Shop has 3 sets still available at normal price.

kenmath23

Established Member
Dang it, you must have gotten the last set, I just got off the phone with them and someone had put a deposit down on the last set 5 min. before I called.

Stangpower05

Established Member
Maybe i missed something, but are they not being made anymore? Or did they just raise the price or something?

bossman302

Banned
, Alcoa Pulled the plug on them, SAI bought all remaining alcoa wheels about a month ago, offered them to shelby members first. So no more will be made. I had a set on my 08 KR and was less than impressed with them, very hard wheel to have balanced and 2 of them had a slight wobble. Many Shelby board members have had similar issues with them. This may be the main reason they quit making them.

Last edited:

sajonf

Established Member
, Alcoa Pulled the plug on them, SAI bought all remaining alcoa wheels about a month ago, offered them to shelby members first. So no more will be made. I had a set on my 08 KR and was less than impressed with them, very hard wheel to have balanced and 2 of them had a slight wobble. Many Shelby board members have had similar issues with them. This may be the main reason they quit making them.

Would you mind pointing out any specific threads related to this balancing trouble with the alcoas? I searched all over and didn't find anything related to aloca wheels and vibration/balancing issues.

I purchased one of these sets (will be delivered tomorrow) and now I'm concerned. I have had wheel vibration issues in the past and I know how difficult they can be to resolve.

Thanks

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Would you mind pointing out any specific threads related to this balancing trouble with the alcoas? I searched all over and didn't find anything related to aloca wheels and vibration/balancing issues.

I purchased one of these sets (will be delivered tomorrow) and now I'm concerned. I have had wheel vibration issues in the past and I know how difficult they can be to resolve.

Thanks

I've had my Alcoas for about 3 months now with no complaints on ride quality, probably depends on who is balancing the rims and tires and also what brand tires are going on them.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Dang it, you must have gotten the last set, I just got off the phone with them and someone had put a deposit down on the last set 5 min. before I called.

I gave Don my CC info for a set yesterday at 12:30PM central time. They were supposed to ship yesterday. This morning Don told me they would go out today. I'm still waiting on a tracking number. I hope they didn't go to somebody else.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Thanks

Don't be concerned. Way too many of these things sold...if it were a big issue, it would be all over this board and others. Plus, Shelby would not be putting them on the Super Snakes....

BANDIT HPT

Established Member

I e-mail TASCA over the weekend when I heard they had some. They e-mailed me back first thing tuesday morning. As soon as I heard back, I jumped on them. They still had 2 sets left after I talked to them tuesday but I guess they sold pretty quick.

kenmath23

Established Member
well if you decide you don't want them let me know. They did call me to let me know that they found two new 10" wheels for the same price. anyone looking for addition wheels might want to call them asap.

Notre Dame

Established Member
Amazing too me that they would stop making something thats so sought after in this economy. They still make a crager style wheel and thats been in production as long as i can remember. Maybe its time for someone important to start a petition or do something to let them know the ford family is NOT HAPPY ! Then if they remake them tell them to make a freakin 11 inch rim for the rear. Theres a ton of super snakes that will need those wheels in the future if something happens to there rims.

sajonf

Established Member
Got mine today.. Man these things are gorgeous in person. Tasca was great to work with. I can't wait to get them mounted up this weekend.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Got mine today.. Man these things are gorgeous in person. Tasca was great to work with. I can't wait to get them mounted up this weekend.

Congrats! Mine arrive Monday.

By chance does anybody know if the anybody had a machine shop machine down the mounting flange on the rear wheels so they would accommodate a 305/35 DR? I figure by machining off 1/4"-3/8" off would allow clearance for such a tire on a lowered Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread