WTB: 4" Rolled tips, what length to buy?

GoingHaam

Established Member
I was researching this last night. I bought a set of mrt rolled 3.5" tips, and they look wimpy..Btw they at 16" long and stick out a little bit much for my liking. So I would think 12-14" tips would be perfect.

99-04 Ford Mustang Stainless Steel Exhaust Tips | MRT - Direct

My signature picture was taken w/ my borla stinger tips...

So you were looking looking for 3.5 rolled tips???? Are those 3.5 rolled tips in your sig??? if not then what are they... Ive always loved the rear shots of your car.

These are what I want. 2K4VENM's car. I would like to see some side pics but this is exactly what I am looking for.
Misc254.jpg

These are 4" rolled,right??? they look flat here, are they angled?

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
So you were looking looking for 3.5 rolled tips???? Are those 3.5 rolled tips in your sig??? if not then what are they... Ive always loved the rear shots of your car.

The sig picture is Borla Stinger's but now I have mrt 3.5 rolled tips and they are too small..
I'm going to order bassani 4" polished angle cut tips...
Thanks for the compliment!!

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member

Those are deff angled tips, I think they are the magnaflow 4" rolled angle cut, I just dont get how people make this fit when they are 18" long

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
I think I figured out a solution, Magnaflow makes a 12" long, 4" rolled tip but it only comes in a 3" inlet size. I think im going to buy them and just weld a 2.5-3" adapter and then weld the tips to the adapter. Seems like my only option for 4" rolled tips.

GoingHaam

Established Member
Are 18" tips too long for SRA, if u cut the catback to somewhere before the rear wheel well??? (without looking goofy)

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I'm leaning towards ordering the weld on Borla 4" Rolled angle cut weld on Exhaust tip.

Part#20245 I think that's the stinger exhaust tip. Being 12" long it should be perfect.

I'm going to call borla this afternoon just to verify.

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
I'm leaning towards ordering the weld on Borla 4" Rolled angle cut weld on Exhaust tip.

Part#20245 I think that's the stinger exhaust tip. Being 12" long it should be perfect.

I'm going to call borla this afternoon just to verify.

That was my 2nd option. I chose not to get those because from the side of the vehicle you can see where it goes from 4" to 2.5" and looks literally like a little 4" tip that was slapped on as opposed to a full 12" long 4inch tip, just IMO. But those are really the only option for 2.5 exhaust for 4" tip that wont require a ton of modification to fit.

BTW, since your local and have a vert, know of any parts around for our cars? Im in need of some springs and a styling bar like yours.

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
That was my 2nd option. I chose not to get those because from the side of the vehicle you can see where it goes from 4" to 2.5" and looks literally like a little 4" tip that was slapped on as opposed to a full 12" long 4inch tip, just IMO. But those are really the only option for 2.5 exhaust for 4" tip that wont require a ton of modification to fit.

BTW, since your local and have a vert, know of any parts around for our cars? Im in need of some springs and a styling bar like yours.

Sent you a pm... Dynomax makes a rolled 4" ck out the other thread...

tnmystichrome

Established Member
i am in the same boat as you. i am going to buy 4 inch tips but im not sure if i should go with 12" or 18" and the weld ons or bolt ons. i still have the IRS

Users who are viewing this thread