WTB: 4" Rolled tips, what length to buy?

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
I have what I believe is a 2.5 magnaflow catback (Unsure of cat-back brand because it was on the car when i got it) with magnapacks welded in. I would guess magnaflow but does really matter its a 2.5. I want a 4" rolled slash tip, On that you cant see the clamp/weld of the tip from the side of the car (Meaning the tip would be too short). All I see on summit racing for magnaflow 4" rolled tips are 18 inches long which would be WAY to long. I know someone who bought 18" (length) tips for a 03 cobra and it stuck out like 3 inches, looked horrible. Does anyone know what size I should buy? Will 12" do it? Or 15"? I cant really find what I'm looking for after doing some heavy searching.......Anyone find anything???

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
Borla tips are nice. I'll measure mine and send you a pic tomorrow

K sounds good thanks...

When i go on Borlas site all they sell are the tips where it get's wide at the very end...Unlike the magnaflows where its wide for a good 12" or so

20153.jpg

VS

magnaflow-35119.jpg

Those magnaflows are perfect but there too damn long! They would stick out like 4 inches, I want them flush with the bumper

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Subscribing to this as I am in the exact same boat. Wanting some new tips for spring time and have no idea what length.

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
Subscribing to this as I am in the exact same boat. Wanting some new tips for spring time and have no idea what length.

Yea, Pretty much just looking to see what people are buying for 4" rolled tips as I cant find anything that is a direct fit but theres tons of people on here with them.....wish they would chime in!

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Im fine with weld on tips, My question is that it says those are 12", but is all 12 inches a 4" diameter? It looks like the first few inches are 4". If thats the case it would look dumb from the side if you could see where it goes back down to 2.5". Know what I mean?

Yes, but I do think you'll see the 2.25" part.. the polished tip will be visible part from the side

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
These are what I want. 2K4VENM's car. I would like to see some side pics but this is exactly what I am looking for.
Misc254.jpg

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
Any ideas?

Also found these, love how these look from the side. Wonder what these are?
The car is from this site im sure someone will recognize it.
cobra4inchtips2oa4.jpg

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I sent ya a pm. but for anyone interested I will trade borla stinger tips for magnaflow tips.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Those are mac catback for sure. I had them on a cobra.

If they dont have to be rolled go bassani 4" tips but they arent cheap

Here is a pic of my old redfire cobra with them on a 3" bassani system but they make them for 2.5" system too. And yes the longest you can go is 14"

008-1.gif

009.gif

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
Deff want rolled. If i buy those magnaflow tips, will I be able to cut Them and weld them back together to make them shorter?

Users who are viewing this thread