WTB: 1989-93 coupe notchback

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Pretty sweet. But damn aren’t prices climbing fast! That car has 137k miles and is more than I paid for my ‘93 Cobra 2.5 years ago with better mods and 67k.
Notch looks great though, Reef Blue is nice.
-J

Lol Don’t remind me dude. This is the last view I had of my 1 owner, medium titanium, option delete, 2500....yes... twenty-five-HUNDRED mile notch. Sold it for $25k 3 years ago. I’d list it for $40+ now
IMG_2160.JPG

WillyB93

Established Member
No one saw the aftermarket sunroof popping up from the roof section on that reef blue coupe?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

BYEPOLR

Established Member
maybe post a list of your deal breakers. It's clear there are guys going to bat for you here but it's also clear you are very particular.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Okay guys, like mentioned above it's probably a good idea to list my deal breakers.

1) The car MUST be rust free? I've had a few people show me cars what they consider rust free. It seems to differ from what I consider rust free.

2) Clean Carfax, no accidents, salvage title ect.

3) Clean interior, no rips or tears.

4) Paint and body, no major scratches or dents. New paint is fine if done right. Body must be straight.

5) I prefer a original 5.0 EFI, 5 spd car. If the car is super clean I may consider a AOD.

6) No carb setup, must be EFI. Stock to mild mods are fine.

7) Colors: I'm open to anything really, but my least desired colors are bright red, and black. My favorite colors are; emerald green, reef blue, electric red, strawberry red, silver, grays, and others blues I'm forgetting.

My budget is around 15k. Which I feel should be able to get me a solid car. This price includes auto transportation if I can't fly in and drive home. But I've seen people asking 15k for hacked up ones.

I'm having a hard time mainly because I sold my super clean 92 notch in 09 for 10,500. It had 39k original miles, and only 1 of 176 coupes in that color made that year. I've come to realize I won't find one like that anymore for 15k or less.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is a 93 one I found. New paint. But has rip in seat, not a deal breaker. But current owner said the previous owner put a 306 in it. No documents on that, aftermarket cam, stock heads.

It has a electric fan, toggle switch in glovebox. Also said he drag raced it some. Seeing it has Lakewood shocks I believe it. This is kinda a turn off for me. And I don't have any pictures of the torque boxes. I don't like the gauge pod either. Some of this can obviously be changed.

Body has 140+k miles on it. He's got it priced at 15k! The Autocheck shows it had 8 owners, which is a lot.

21571_zpsesogozim.jpg

21569_zpso3ganvc9.jpg

21527_zpsnicxtq2r.jpg

01111_2lRQmmWi04z_600x450_zpsqajbq5by.jpg

00d0d_k6Ik4ousqnK_600x450_zpsv1d3lq1y.jpg

21533_zpsqmn9srgc.jpg

21532_zpsjzwi1oe6.jpg

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks good to me.

I like it too. Same color as the one I had, so I may be biased.
Other than the tear and stains on the seat, the interior looks clean too
Ashtray door even works.
I spy a couple cheaper parts on it though. Lakewood drag shocks(?) and the Mac CAI, both are easy enough to swap.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
15k just seams steep.It has a few things I'd change. Like I mentioned, 15k seems high. I talked to him on the phone last night. Nice guy. He may try to get undercarriage pictures. I'd like to see the torque boxes.

Ask for a couple good pics of the frame rails up front, the underside of the edge of the trunk, bottom of the doors etc.

I like this one Dubbs!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ask for a couple good pics of the frame rails up front, the underside of the edge of the trunk, bottom of the doors etc.

I like this one Dubbs!
Yup I did ask for those. He said a couple guys are going to look at it this weekend. Nothing is ever close to me...

Also has Nittos 555r, would be nervous driving long distance on those.

68gtscode

Established Member
Out of my price range. Really can't stand red interior. Otherwise, nice find!

I’m also not a fan of the red interior normally, although I think it looks ok with the black paint. Add this to your list of deal-breakers :) If I were looking, I’d flex on the red interior over miles and many other considerations. As for budget, who knows what this guy would take, money talks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m also not a fan of the red interior normally, although I think it looks ok with the black paint. Add this to your list of deal-breakers :) If I were looking, I’d flex on the red interior over miles and many other considerations. As for budget, who knows what this guy would take, money talks.
I guess I'm not overly concerned about mileage. I can always upgrade.

68gtscode

Established Member
I guess I'm not overly concerned about mileage. I can always upgrade.

If you’re not worried about mileage you’ll be able to find a clean car in your budget. Key will be finding one in some local market from an owner that actually wants to sell. I will keep my eyes open!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you’re not worried about mileage you’ll be able to find a clean car in your budget. Key will be finding one in some local market from an owner that actually wants to sell. I will keep my eyes open!
Thanks, I figured I may do a coyote swap at some point depending on the car.

Side note, looks like that emerald green one that a member is selling is out....

Users who are viewing this thread