WTB: 1989-93 coupe notchback

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Holy shit, you're just as picky as I am lol, been looking since I sold my 86GT a year and a half ago. Looking for a Saleen but have been open to coupes, cobras and even maybe a T-Top.

After owning so many foxes, I just want something nice and clean/low mileage that I will keep for a while.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit, you're just as picky as I am lol, been looking since I sold my 86GT a year and a half ago. Looking for a Saleen but have been open to coupes, cobras and even maybe a T-Top.

After owning so many foxes, I just want something nice and clean/low mileage that I will keep for a while.
LoL. I'm hoping to put a deposit down on the red one I posted. It's not perfect. I'll likely replace all the exterior black trim and weather stripping.

As long as no rust and car is straight. High mileage doesn't bother me anymore. I'll maybe do a coyote swap some day.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
LoL. I'm hoping to put a deposit down on the red one I posted. It's not perfect. I'll likely replace all the exterior black trim and weather stripping.

As long as no rust and car is straight. High mileage doesn't bother me anymore. I'll maybe do a coyote swap some day.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Mileage isn't really that big a deal for me either, my 86 had 175K. I do realize these cars are around 30 years old. Anything with under 100K would ideal.

Multiple owners (3+) bother me more, you lose a lot of history about the car when it gets passed around.

Good luck on the red coupe, it looks good.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mileage isn't really that big a deal for me either, my 86 had 175K. I do realize these cars are around 30 years old. Anything with under 100K would ideal.

Multiple owners (3+) bother me more, you lose a lot of history about the car when it gets passed around.

Good luck on the red coupe, it looks good.
Thanks. Hope so, it has more owners than I'd like according to Autocheck. But if I buy it, it will be in good hands and I'll restore things right.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
If you are considering a swap later I would concentrate more on a clean body, paint, glass factory trim, etc, without any rust and with good interior because this is where the expense comes from. Things like car owners and history will get reset once you do the swap. Everything down stream from the radiator will likely change thus making the history not so important. You can and probably will spend money on things like suspension, brakes, cooling, and the interior after the swap so the further along the car is there the less you will have to spend down the road.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you are considering a swap later I would concentrate more on a clean body, paint, glass factory trim, etc, without any rust and with good interior because this is where the expense comes from. Things like car owners and history will get reset once you do the swap. Everything down stream from the radiator will likely change thus making the history not so important. You can and probably will spend money on things like suspension, brakes, cooling, and the interior after the swap so the further along the car is there the less you will have to spend down the road.
Very good points. That was my thinking too. I like a super clean interior. Also it looks like the car I'm checking out will need a lot of exterior trim replaced. LMR sells a complete kit I was looking at.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I have a 91 coupe that is a true resto-mod. Full swap with custom interior, trunk the whole works. The gauges, steering wheel, steering column, seats, head liner, door panels, dash, ac, heat are all aftermarket. Believe me, you can sink a whole bunch of money into doing a swap. It just depends on the rout you want to go, and the better you know that direction in the beginning, the less money you will spend in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread