WTB 03 04 Cobra Swapped Fox Body

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
I hate to do this because this car means a lot to me. I am in a really tight spot and I need the money ASAP. The car is an 89 Notchback with an 04 Cobra motor and 6 speed T-56 trans. The car runs and drives just has a few bugs that need to be worked out.

First lets start with the motor & trans: It's all stock with less than 20,000 miles on the block. It's been converted from Mass Air to Speed Density to run the FAST XFI computer setup and uses a fast harness (I still have the mass air flow sensor that comes with the car). The fuel rails were modified to run a return style setup. It also has braided fuel lines. I also installed an E-85 sensor to run different gas. The crank pulley is wobbling ATM and it needs a new belt. It's also running hot and I don't have the time or money to find out why. I also changed the fuel injectors to 65lbs. The Transmission is a stock t-56 that shifts perfect.

The Interior: It's rough and missing pieces. The headliner and door panels are in need of a replacement. I just replaced the carpet with brand new Black carpet. It has Cobra seats not sure of the year tho. It has a 5in Monster Tach and Speedometer built into the dash with a shift light. It also has a 3 gauge pillar with boost, oil, and water gauges.

The Body: Im not gonna lie the body is in bad shape and needs a lot of work. It does have a 5 lug conversion with 2003 Cobra rims (i think that's the year, not sure tho). It has 4 wheel disk brakes with grey cobra calipers.It has a 2 1/2in cervanis cowl hood. I have all new weatherstripping for the whole car minus the windshield. It has nice tires. I also bough cobra badges that haven't been put on yet. I used a skinny kid manual brake setup

The suspension: The suspension needs to be completely redone. I just installed a new rack and pinion and the rest is pretty much junk. If it ever hooks it's gonna break everything in the rear. It also needs new shocks and springs.

I have over 15,000 into this car and don't expect to get anywhere near that for this (since I seen Rudy's old car go for cheap). Im looking to get $9,500.00 or best offer. Im trying to open up a new business by winter time and need to sell this by then. To look at the car Call Danny at 248-773-6012 or email me at [email protected] or just PM me.

Ill post pictures in a few. I have to run to work and get my camera.

hotford

Established Member
89 fox body mod fox swap,body is flawless, spared no expense,with new trim, quater windowa etc.... 98 cobra motor,built,B heads ported and polished,cower cams,short runner,single blade accufab thorttle body, 60,lbs injectors, Vortech YSI 8 rib converstion,detail zone harness,04 mach 1 computer,built 4R70W trans,built 8.8,33 splines etc...wildwood rear disc, cobra big brakes up front,recaro's,6 point cage,BBS plasma or weld star RT........
pm if your intrerested,

Last edited:

Jfoster

Established Member
The cars has stock 5.0l 8.8 rear end with stock upper/lowers. Front suspensions is complete AJE coilover set up, paint is spray can flat black, interior is missing plastics etc, leather seats out of an LSC. The swap is still complete, motor/trans etc with fast xfi etc - you guys act like these swaps are worth gold lol

OP - he is looking for quick cash I'm willing to bet you could get it for less!!

Not worth gold - just pointing out that, just like any car, the details/overall condition and quality of parts/installation can be the difference between a $5000 car and a $15000 car. The car above is another half-finished project, at best.

Some people just don't care - same people that say low mileage means nothing and laugh at people who buy 5000 mile fox bodies for $15k, saying "I could build that same car for $5k!"... This thinking is nothing new.

Jfoster

Established Member
89 fox body mod fox swap,body is flawless, spared no expense,with new trim, quater windowa etc.... 98 cobra motor,built,B heads ported and polished,cower cams,short runner,single blade accufab thorttle body, 60,lbs injectors, Vortech YSI 8 rib converstion,detail zone harness,04 mach 1 computer,built 4R70W trans,built 8.8,33 splines etc...wildwood rear disc, cobra big brakes up front,recaro's,6 point cage,BBS plasma or weld star RT........
pm if your intrerested,

love to see it!

svtnotch

Established Member
ok ive only read a little of the first page and you came off like a dick. i would never sell my car to a guy like you. id part it out first! my donor car was 12500 shipped BUT you have to have a license to buy them at auction or know someone to buy them for you. then there is taking both cars apart and buying other stuff to make it happen like built rear and front suspension etc..... not to mention all the hours you have in it to make it even run. where are you getting prices from? if there so common and get sold so much you should have no problem getting one for 11-14. BUT guess what there not and 03 04 drivetrains will be going up and will be getting harder to find. id say i have about 16 in my car and would not take a penny shy of 18 for it. The fact is if someone takes less then 16 for one complete and running driving would be a loss. Theres not alot out there because of what? not everyone can do it. they get to wiring or something and give up and sell the car. with that said id say you would be VERY lucky to buy one done for 14k

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
ok ive only read a little of the first page and you came off like a dick. i would never sell my car to a guy like you. id part it out first! my donor car was 12500 shipped BUT you have to have a license to buy them at auction or know someone to buy them for you. then there is taking both cars apart and buying other stuff to make it happen like built rear and front suspension etc..... not to mention all the hours you have in it to make it even run. where are you getting prices from? if there so common and get sold so much you should have no problem getting one for 11-14. BUT guess what there not and 03 04 drivetrains will be going up and will be getting harder to find. id say i have about 16 in my car and would not take a penny shy of 18 for it. The fact is if someone takes less then 16 for one complete and running driving would be a loss. Theres not alot out there because of what? not everyone can do it. they get to wiring or something and give up and sell the car. with that said id say you would be VERY lucky to buy one done for 14k

You work at Cleveland pick a part and they wouldnt give you deal on the car. wow.

Last edited:

svtnotch

Established Member
You work at Cleveland pick a part and they wouldnt give you deal on the car. wow.

that is what they paid....so what i paid it was the car i wanted it looked to have good parts and no possibly way it had a broke block which hey guess what i have took about 25 of these apart and if it was even tapped in the front it had a shit block

Last edited:

Turbo4Vfox

Established Member
I have a 93 hatch with a 4v swap, I have almost 40k in it, not counting a yr and half in labor building it! Stock 04 motor I bought new from ford, promotion t56 trans just rebuilt, mcloud rxt twin disc, t76 precision turbo,tial 44 mm wastegate, greddy e-01 boost controler, full susp, k member coil overs, anti roll bar, built rear, aeromotive 1102 pump -12 feed -10 return, e-85 car was just painted 3 months ago, willwood brakes, car made 719hp 666 tq 20 psi, on a mustang dyno! approx 775-800hp ona dyno jet. car went 10.40 @ 143 on 17 psi with a 2.0 60 ft just rollin out.

Users who are viewing this thread