WTB 03 04 Cobra Swapped Fox Body

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Glad to see after your initial posts you and your friend did finally find out what they do cost to build. I know you were doubting everyone before.

I never doubted that they cost money to build, but a lot of the ones I saw people asking $18K+ I didn't see it in it. I'll post some pictures of his car, he practically did a full restoration.

93turbosnake

Established Member
If you have noticed, I haven't posted anything lately on this ad. I'm not bitching about you guys being on cloud 9 with your prices. Mod Fox swaps are ONLY rare because you have to either total or buy a totaled 03/04 Cobra to swap it in a Fox Body. You act like you ordered this engine crate from ford, then bought all the accessories from ford. You didn't, you either bought the car the way it is or bought or wrecked an 03/04 Cobra and swapped it into a Fox. Yes, it may have cost big money to build this 4 years ago, but it doesn't change the fact its a $3K roller fox with a $10K wrecked donor swap.

3k roller (junk) 10k swap (bone stock ) and you got a stock motor swap no paint, stock suspension stock fuel system , ect, ect yes you can do it for peanuts , won't be anything worth turning your head about .

jdl1000

Established Member
Regardless with a KB + Supporting mods it'll have a hard time selling for anything more than $15K, it may be worth that to you but not to a buyer who can build it for less. You can buy a low mile KB 03' 04' for $23K $24K. You have to be realistic.

Sounds like doubt to me? Your right! No you never doubted that they cost money to build, but you basically called everyone that has built one a lier about the amount it costs. Remember "but not to a buyer who can build it for less."

I never doubted that they cost money to build, but a lot of the ones I saw people asking $18K+ I didn't see it in it. I'll post some pictures of his car, he practically did a full restoration.

Where are the pictures of your buddies car that you promised to post? I'm sure everyone here (myself included) that read your very knowledgeable posts about building one of these cars would love to see what your friend built for less than the cost of a low mile 03-04 Cobra. :coolman:

Last edited:

Biltforspeed351

Not just another Foxbody.
Established Member
Sad but true buy it done for 20 or do it yourself for 60.( done correctly)

Very well said. Getting one of these cars for 20 is a steal. I dropped over 2 grand in fuel lines and an fittings on my project. I have invested over 70 in the car and still no stereo and still climibing. You gotta pay to play with these cars..

jdl1000

Established Member
I'm doing great. My car has seemed to develop a small oil leak in a coupe of the spark plug holes. I guess the little round gaskets in between the valve covers and the heads are leaking a little. Sucks because I have to drop the engine to replace them. Well I've been meaning to install the 80lb injectors I got last year so I can turn the power up a little more. Now I have an excuse. I have the 60lb injectors almost to their limit now. Hows your ride? Are you coming down in March 2013?

WillyB93

Established Member
TTT anyone have one they may be entertaining on selling? I'm talking a complete running driving car prefer a coupe over anything else.

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
its hard to find one of these for sale....after building mine and its not done yet to my standards but is a blast to drive....love mine to much to let it go

I agree, I have had both just not both mixed together. I really enjoyed the 04, but really like the 90's foxbody would be nice to have the best of both worlds.

Gravik

Established Member
its hard to find one of these for sale....after building mine and its not done yet to my standards but is a blast to drive....love mine to much to let it go

+1

That and if people do sell them, they'll ask more than an actual Terminator.

Five-o-Joe

Established Member
Bringing this thread back from the dead....

I just have to say I love reading this old thread and in hindsight many of the early comments are comical knowing what we all know now, 5 years later.......stock fox body coupes are selling for more than some of the prices thrown out there early in this thread and terminator swapped coupes command big $......IF you can find someone willing to sell one. If I had known then what I know now, I would have bought every "rediculously priced" $20k terminator swapped coupe I could find.....LOL. No kidding, having owned both, I would not trade my terminator swapped, whippled fox coupe for 2 cobras!

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Local guy was selling his Terminated Coupe, engine bay looked half-assed and he was asking $20k for it... Fox was in rough shape too lol

Users who are viewing this thread