WTB 03 04 Cobra Swapped Fox Body

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Looking to buy a 2003 2004 Cobra swapped Fox Body. I have cash in hand! Let me know what you have and please have pictures ready! Thanks!!!

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
How much are you wanting to spend?

That all depends on how much of the swap was done whether or not it was just engine and trans versus drive train, irs, 03/04 interior, etc, and the condition of the car. Do you have any pictures of yours?

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I'll let mine go for 20k. Complete swap except IRS, It have a 8.8 3.73gear solid axle. There are pics on here just do a search for 03-04 terminator foxbody.

MIKEC501

Established Member
That all depends on how much of the swap was done whether or not it was just engine and trans versus drive train, irs, 03/04 interior, etc, and the condition of the car. Do you have any pictures of yours?

mines not for sale right now I was just curious what someone would spend on one.you dont see many for sale on the market.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
mines not for sale right now I was just curious what someone would spend on one.you dont see many for sale on the market.

If its just engine and trans they go for about $11K-$14K pending on the body condition. Full swaps with IRS and interior go for $13K-$16K pending condition of the body.
You'll rarely get anyone to pay $20K for them. You could buy another true 03'-'04 Cobra with less than 50K miles for $20K. SN-95s and new edges with the swap are asking $11K-$14K.

my92gt

Established Member
If its just engine and trans they go for about $11K-$14K pending on the body condition. Full swaps with IRS and interior go for $13K-$16K pending condition of the body.
You'll rarely get anyone to pay $20K for them. You could buy another true 03'-'04 Cobra with less than 50K miles for $20K. SN-95s and new edges with the swap are asking $11K-$14K.

They go for way more than what you posted on the fox... $11k-$14k??? Yeah you pay a lot more for a much heavier 03-04 COBRA but the reason Y you don't see mod fox for sale often is because people do the swaps for a lighter chassis... I have a ModFox that is not done but the reason Why I did the swap is because of the little weight savings it offers compared to the 03-04 COBRA chassis...

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I'm sorry to burst your fantasy bubble, but they don't go for "way more than $11K-$14K" with just the engine and trans swapped. You can build the car for less. And the only reason people do ModFox's is because they bought or totaled an 03' '04 Cobra and it could not be fixed. Nobody will willing destroy a good condition 03' '04 Cobra to have a swapped FoxBody, sorry. Like I said before they can bring $16K if its the full swap and the body is in good condition, thats a realistic figure, period poing blank. You can ask $20K all day and you'll rarely see one sell for anything close to that. Thats the way it works, they aren't an investment, they are a toy.

Spoolx

Established Member
You cant gauge sale price because you almost never see em for sale, but I agree.. no way anyone would pay 20k..

You can buy a nice 03-04 cobra for 12k

MIKEC501

Established Member
Mine would not be in the 11k-14k range it has a kenne bell with all the supporting mods new paint new tires new struts and shocks front and back stock seats redone in leather new carpet and headliner cold ac, gauge cluster and steering wheel and stereo system out of the cobra.19# boost 597 hp at the wheels on 93. no irs 30xxx miles on motor.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
They are a ton of work to build right. It takes a long time to forget the time it takes and thats why people hold on to them. BTW when you do the IRS the car looks silly with the back wheels sticking out and you can never get the stance right.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Mine would not be in the 11k-14k range it has a kenne bell with all the supporting mods new paint new tires new struts and shocks front and back stock seats redone in leather new carpet and headliner cold ac, gauge cluster and steering wheel and stereo system out of the cobra.19# boost 597 hp at the wheels on 93. no irs 30xxx miles on motor.

You more than welcome to ask any price for your car, its your car. But it will sit in your garage forever if you think that a 03' 04' Swap makes a FoxBody that's worth $4K in good condition worth $20K. Regardless with a KB + Supporting mods it'll have a hard time selling for anything more than $15K, it may be worth that to you but not to a buyer who can build it for less. You can buy a low mile KB 03' 04' for $23K $24K. You have to be realistic.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
They are a ton of work to build right. It takes a long time to forget the time it takes and thats why people hold on to them. BTW when you do the IRS the car looks silly with the back wheels sticking out and you can never get the stance right.

I've never have had a problem with IRS and the stance. If I don't find a realistic seller for an 03' 04' fox, then I'm just going to do one myself. I can buy a full swap with 16K miles including the interior and cluster for $9K. When it gets done I'll put it up for sale for $25K lol why not.

MIKEC501

Established Member
thats why mine is not for sale I would not let it go for under 15k I have had both a 03 and a 04 cobra and a bunch of other mustangs and I like coupes better. my old 04 is about 10 houses from me and my old 03 my friends dad still has it there is a 04 conv. down my same street.they are every where down here but I only know of 1 other fox/term and he is in the next town away. you should see peoples face when they see under the hood. so to me it's the best of both worlds. Like I said mines not for sale I just wanted to see what they are going for.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Just buy a fox body and ill sell you a drivetrain...

I have a 93' Coupe that I was going to swap. I've done the IRS already and was shopping around for the swap. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in selling one already done, if not I'll just have to do a little project this fall.
How much do you want for the drivetrain?

MIKEC501

Established Member
I've never have had a problem with IRS and the stance. If I don't find a realistic seller for an 03' 04' fox, then I'm just going to do one myself. I can buy a full swap with 16K miles including the interior and cluster for $9K. When it gets done I'll put it up for sale for $25K lol why not.

you might want to check your prices again I doubt you can get all that for $9,000 and with only 16k miles. maybe from a chop shop :shrug: people know what they can get for all these high dollar parts you would have to find a dumb azz ins. co. to sell you a wreck that cheep. because when these other guy's get them to part out you wont get one that cheep.

Users who are viewing this thread