WTB 03 04 Cobra Swapped Fox Body

WillyB93

Established Member
Well better say 20k by the time its finished with the beer tab!

WillyB93

Established Member
I was actually searching searchtempest (craigslist search engine for the US) for 1993 cobra and they showed up.

93.SVT.BLK/BLK

Established Member
It is soo easy to spend a lot of money on a mod fox... i spend over $550 on just fuel lines and fittings! I just wish i had more time and money to work on mine its just a every other weekend project...

Jfoster

Established Member
I don't even want to hear about money.....
bossengine-038.jpg

04spinbra

Established Member
It is soo easy to spend a lot of money on a mod fox... i spend over $550 on just fuel lines and fittings! I just wish i had more time and money to work on mine its just a every other weekend project...

Tell me about it! I have been accumulating parts and haven't even started putting them on yet! I have two closets full and half my shed!!lol:bash: But with everything that has went wrong the last 3 months I dont know where to begin!lol

jdl1000

Established Member
Yea when you start adding up the cost its crazy. I insured my car with Hagerty insurance they made me add up what I have in the car not only parts and modifications but costs also. The costs were even higher that I originally thought,because I never kept a tally on the spending.

Jeff the car is looking good!

Last edited:

Jfoster

Established Member
Yea when you start adding up the cost its crazy. I insured my car with Hagerty insurance they made me add up what I have in the car not only parts and modifications but costs also. The costs were even higher that I originally thought,because I never kept a tally on the spending.

Jeff the car is looking good!

You broke the cardinal rule! NEVER add it up!!! haha.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Geez, can't believe this thread is still alive. I started this thread for my co-worker who wanted a mod swapped fox. He has since built one himself after not finding any. It did cost a good chunk of money to build, he has about $20K invested give or take a few grand but it is done right.

jdl1000

Established Member
You more than welcome to ask any price for your car, its your car. But it will sit in your garage forever if you think that a 03' 04' Swap makes a FoxBody that's worth $4K in good condition worth $20K. Regardless with a KB + Supporting mods it'll have a hard time selling for anything more than $15K, it may be worth that to you but not to a buyer who can build it for less. You can buy a low mile KB 03' 04' for $23K $24K. You have to be realistic.

Glad to see after your initial posts you and your friend did finally find out what they do cost to build. I know you were doubting everyone before.

Jfoster

Established Member
Good catch. Yes, sometimes you have to go through the paces to figure these things out ;). As with any car build, people usually have a lot more invested than they can sell it for - that's no surprise. However, like you said - you have to be realistic.

Jfoster

Established Member
Geez, can't believe this thread is still alive. I started this thread for my co-worker who wanted a mod swapped fox. He has since built one himself after not finding any. It did cost a good chunk of money to build, he has about $20K invested give or take a few grand but it is done right.

.....now all I'll say is - show me some pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread