wow...valves

CzchMex

Established Member
The ticking could be timing components. Mine is doing the same. Ticks at start up then goes away. Then when warm it is there around 2000-3000 while driving.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
hmm... thats crazy, the c heads ports both receive fuel?

Yes, well no, kinda..,C heads have one port for each cylinder (on port for each pair of valves) unlike the B heads which have one port for each valve/two ports for each cylinder. Disregard the finger:

Last edited:

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
The ticking could be timing components. Mine is doing the same. Ticks at start up then goes away. Then when warm it is there around 2000-3000 while driving.

Mine did the same thing it never affected the engine performance at all.
I never could tell or figure out what it was.

1989Gt.

Banned
I consider a tick to be comparable to an exhaust leak. This sounded like a socket that fell on a valve cover from 3 feet...over and over and over

damn that loud mine kinda does it but very quietly i thought it was something else but the car only does it under load not in neutral

1989Gt.

Banned
that noise is scary thats why, you just dont know what it is! I mean my car seems to pull fine but never know what these heads might do!

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Just an update.. I just yanked the passenger head off. Cylinders look awesome. good cross hatch, no scratches.. Im really impressed. Really no carbon at all on top of pistons. Head Gasket looked real good. Heads looked clean and even carbon all across the valves. I will send some pics later, I have turn in for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread