Worse Turbo kit ever yep it is from New Mexico

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
WOW

Thats all I can say, thought I was in Smackdown for a second! :pop:

Started as an HP Bash thread....turned into a free for all (everyone bashing everyone), and ended with cage war on THP's top dyno dog!

Still haven't figured out why there was so much talk of nuts, and pubes though :shrug: Oh Well!

Think I'm just gonna build my own set of twins (thats not a referrence to my nuts either :smmon: )

Ken :beer:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Blown02 said:
... you started all this crap in the beginning by ragging on postban calling him a looser because he couldnt even install the tt kit (I think he did, and you didnt)..then saying his gf is easy?

Interesting point. Rex didn't have any problems with the installation of his tt kit. IT WAS ON THE CAR WHEN HE BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what kind of 60' time do you get with over 1100 hp??

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
4sdvenom said:
WOW

Thats all I can say, thought I was in Smackdown for a second! :pop:

Started as an HP Bash thread....turned into a free for all (everyone bashing everyone), and ended with cage war on THP's top dyno dog!

Still haven't figured out why there was so much talk of nuts, and pubes though :shrug: Oh Well!

Think I'm just gonna build my own set of twins (thats not a referrence to my nuts either :smmon: )

Ken :beer:

Shit Ken, you should just keep your Kenne Bell. You know it fits and it is putting down the same times as the turbo cars. Build your motor and hit it with some juice and save yourself about $6000!!!

Last edited:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I'd have to agree with Josh that this particular HP kit has issues. The other HP kit I saw in the thread was first run kit (notice how the pipes run under instead of over the bumper support). I had a few issues with mine, but they were easily fixed. I do also have the "dented" pipe issue at the tie-rods, but think they've corrected themselves. Im glad the NM boys are making the power, which ever kit they use (THP seems to be most popular out there). Good luck to those going for the 1000+rwhp mark, hope to see you guys there soon :thumbsup:

Last edited:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
TwinTurboTRex said:
This sight is as entertaining to me as it is to You, I am not posting no videos or numbers, I think You will all know sooner or later, and the car has allready trapped close to 135mph on pump gas and street tires before it fell into my hands, props to all of the cobra guys, I am just countering back to all the shit talkers, I have the car and have nothing to prove to You guys, I do not need to post slips, videos or time slips to fill good about myself, we will all know when we line up, right? 8's is what I am shooting for and I am not there yet, I will tell You that. But only a little more mods away.

My "garbage" as you would say HP kit trapped 136 mph on pump gas and that was after lifting twice and blowing the MAF sensor out the chicken shit plastic SCT housing. And this was a thread to bash 1 of HP's kits. I installed my kit myself in my garage and i know there is tubing EVERYWHERE. I have had some rubbing issues when the suspension is set lower, and my phone service with HP was excellent and i was very happy with my kit. I guess if you come off as a douchebag on the phone like you do on here, I can see why people wouldn't take care of you service wise. This is supposed to be a helpful forum. Not a come and talk shit forum. If you called hp and explained the situation to them, then they would rectify the situation. I had drain back problems so they sent me an evac pump. Cleared up Everything. 3,000 miles and everything is running beautifully. And if your after dyno numbers, which are BULLSHI* how about i post the graph where i made 2100 ft lbs of torque? A dyno is a tuning tool. The track reflects your real power.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First thing I am going to say is, I thought I was the child? Stop making me feel so old.

The only reason I am going to reply to this because I feel 80% of it isn't true, just the fact that some people don't like each other and they are making that perfectly clear.

I was probably the 3rd or 4th person to have the THP kit. I spoke with Jim numerous times before I made the deal. Not once did I ever feel that he was taking advantage of me in any way. I was also thinking of the Hellion kit, but there are things I didn't like. I don't want to use the 98 Cobra Intake, I DO NOT want to use Stock Manifolds when trying to make high power and just got turned more towards the THP Kit.

Jim told me when the kit would be here, and it got here right then and there. I opened the box, everything was there and didn't need to wait on anything. A+ so far in my books.

Onwards to the install;

Motor was out of the car, doing other various things. Placed the Sullivan intake on, rails and put the harness back on the Engine. I put the motor/QAI K-Member all back into the car was one unit. Started with the Passenger side header. Headers are awesome, look great and no "splattering" on my welds. Header bolted right up, 1 down, 1 to go. On to the driver side. It wouldn't lay flat on the deck surface on the head, it was hitting the K. Put a level on the motor, made sure it was all straight and tried a few other things. I ended up tacking the header just a tiny bit to make it fit. I called Jim and made sure he was aware of the problem and he is sending me out a new header free of charge. Yes, they are $2,000 Dollar Headers.

On to the up-pipes, mounted perfect and turbos went on like a breeze. Everything on the install was easy. I am estactic about my kit and glad I did what I did. My car makes good power for what it is at now and will prove it on the street. I could careless about the track, I am 19 and didn't build the car for the track yet I will have numbers to back it up.

This post is not for me to jump on anyone's "Nuts" because frankly I don't think I want to hold anyones nuts. :shrug: I am simply stating my own opinion.

Hellion makes a AWESOME kit, do I think they should of did a few things different. Yes, I do. One car when it comes to mind trapped 140 on the stock shortblock on 23-24 PSI. That is nothing to shake your head at. This community wouldn't be what it is if there was one turbo kit. There is ALWAYS going to be competition and there will ALWAYS be un-happy customers. Do I feel there should be? No.

I would wish everyone got what they paid for, I wish everything was easy with cars and you never run into problems. But, it's not going to happen that way.

I think everyone should take a step back and realize what you are saying. Just breathe and calm down.

The other thing I have to add is this;

Dave knew he had to cut holes for the Intake pipe, knew he had to relocate the battery along with a other few things. Relocating the battery to the trunk? Better weight transfer, that is such a shitty thing to have :coolman:

Don't bash THP because that is how they wanted to do things that way, Jason. I can understand if the Jig was off and things didn't fit, yes I would be pissed too. Those other things had nothing to do with that though. Bashed pipes, crappy welds?? I had nothing of that nature. I am sorry you were handed what you were, I hope you make the best of the situation and I am sure you did since I see you have been pretty happy.

Rex, there is a handful of cars that are making the numbers you are. One of which had a Whipple and spray and was making close to you. There are about 5-6 other turbo cars in the works that should take you off your top spot. Don't take this the wrong way, your numbers are awesome and your car is looking good.

I guess that is all, and I should get back to work ;-)

Take it how you want, it was just my opinion.

Matt

Last edited:

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Me and Matt are two 20 y/o kids and we put the THP kit on his car in the driveway on jackstands with hand tools... i dont know why everyone else has problems? The only mod i had to do to Matts kit was ding one of the header tubes, it didnt affect power and Jim is sending out a new header anyways.

Everyone just needs to calm down and quit flaming, this isnt going to solve anything! Cant we all just get along?

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Wow what a thread. Shit happens fix it and move on. Im sure theres an explanation for it. Also im sure they would take care of whatever problem you may have. Good luck w/ the build and just remember theres always someone faster.

Slythrin

This kit that is pictured is a HP turbo kit not a THP ( I have not seen there kit) No one bashed THP’s kit what so ever someone came on this thread and posted that they had similar problems along with 5-6 other people with the THP kit. They gave there opinion that is all! Now you have Captain slap nuts who bought his car already built and making 1000hp running his mouth on how his kit was a snap to install... Well it was, being as how it was already on the car when you bought it. I also stated that I’m sure Hp turbo does good kits if you are standing in there shop having them install it because if there is a hang up they have the luxury of dropping that particular piece and grab there hammer and fabricate another one. They also don’t have to wait 6 months for the other header and down pipe to show up because they shipped the wrong one the first time! When you have a car that has a kit on it and runs good it is a cinch to remove the kit and re-install it because it was already fitted to the car. In this kids defense he spent almost 8k and what does he have to show for it well you seen the pictures he has a bunch of junk. The kit is being removed today from this car and a completely different kit is being fabricated up to his 8k turbo and inner cooler. Don’t get off the subject just because you have an ass-clown trying a cheesy diversion tactic to derail the main topic of this post. Also we are not comparing Dyno numbers so with that being said the Retarded kid with Down syndrome is excused from this topic.

Before you leave I would like to state the obvious seeing as how your small mind can’t comprehend what you have read. Akuma will rail your ass because his car is not set up to a dyno run his car actually is set up for racing there is a big difference between a 4 second dyno pull and a 8 second ¼ mile run, also I have about 4-5 Kb cars sitting here that will also hand you your ass because they are set up just for the ¼ mile and nothing else. If you want to compare penises then we can meet in person at WFC10 and Ill show you what a fast 04 cobra is and it don’t make 6574687465465 horse power. You have a nice number sheet but that is all. You’re holeyer than now attitude totally classifies you in the ass-clown section.

I make turbo kits and build mustangs on a daily basis so don’t think for one moment you are dealing with someone whose balls haven’t dropped, because I can assure you that they have. I will also state that there is one thing I like more than racing and that is fighting so if you mention one thing about my sister, wife or mom I can promise you that you will be the fastest cobra in a wheel chair! I’m done with your bull shit. This thread was to educate fellow members on some of the things to expect from this company (HP turbo) NOT THP OR HELLION! I don’t care what anyone else has said in this thread maybe you should have been the bigger man and taken your personal attacks to PM’s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slythrin

702lightning said:
Wow what a thread. Shit happens fix it and move on. Im sure theres an explanation for it. Also im sure they would take care of whatever problem you may have. Good luck w/ the build and just remember theres always someone faster.

yea all i have to say is good luck to you on your turbo set up

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
Shayne said:
will also state that there is one thing I like more than racing and that is fighting so if you mention one thing about my sister, wife or mom I can promise you that you will be the fastest cobra in a wheel chair!

Damn E-thug in the house :eek: Chill everyone :p

Oh yeah, and another thing you couldn't put Chuck Norris in a wheelchair.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
TwinTurboTRex said:
Not too hijack your post, but none of my pipes are dinged and dented like the ones You had sent back to THP, like I posted before, the kit that You sent back was all dinged and dented by yourself, looked like kids playing with a lego set or something, I have helped and witnessed THP install three kits, plus my kit has been off and on the car since I bought it from Bill, none of these issue's came up on the kits at the shop, Jim from THP more than bent over backwards to help get your kit on, offered to pay for the shipping of your car, than tow it back free of charge, or fly the lead tech out to do it for You, I do not think any other Turbo company would of been that nice and understanding, but You turned down every offer that Jim made to You. Than is that is not enough You still bag the kit, sounds to me You have a personal problem with someone in Albuquerque and not just the kit. You act like Jim screwed Your GF or something. Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt you get the kit half way on with the tranny out of the car, and than try to later install your transmission bitching that the pipes were in the way? lol..............I hope Your hellion kit goes on great, or it will be a full time job for You bashing both kits. I bet it will go on great, You have some great guys doing the install............................and not the great postban himself turning the wrench, maybe your kit will not get all dented up like the last one. :loser:

What a homo! I personally saw Dave's kit and nothing was dinged or tweaked in any way. The only thing that was tweaked was the kit because it didn't fit, lol.

venmousracer

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
I know a guy who got the HP kit. We looked at the pieces and even before installing the kit we saw it was junk. Now the owner of that car has CPE TT's going on his car

I did have a HP kit it was garbage when I got it. It was missing headers and the other half of the h-pipe, booger welds every where hammer marks on the pipes, some tubes were not round, on the up pipes to the turbo there were holes on the welds that could leak.

I did have excellent communication with HP, everytime I called they answered my calls. I did return my kit and I am in the proccess of getting the refund back..

Now I have a custom CPE twin turbo kit, I just have to put the motor back in so CPE can finish the kit... It is an awsome kit for those who want a quality twin turbo kit, It is by far on anything on the market, it has the shortest hot side ever on a twin turbo modular mustang PERIOD!!!!!!!!! I will be running twin 61mm turbos with a .63 a/r's.........Eddie :banana:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
venmousracer said:
Now I have a custom CPE twin turbo kit, I just have to put the motor back in so CPE can finish the kit... It is an awsome kit for those who want a quality twin turbo kit, It is by far on anything on the market, it has the shortest hot side ever on a twin turbo modular mustang PERIOD!!!!!!!!! I will be running twin 61mm turbos with a .63 a/r's.........Eddie :banana:

Be sure to post extremely detailed pics and vids when finished to silence the naysayers, lol.

Last edited:

Hellion GT

Established Member
Good luck on getting it running ive heard mixed feelings on HP, not all people from New Mexico are like that! (REX)!
And for the record, i dont know what a food stamp looks like!

Users who are viewing this thread