Worse Turbo kit ever yep it is from New Mexico

Slythrin

These pics are for everyone planning on building a twin turbo car. One of our customers had bought a kit from a turbo company in New Mexico, because everyone on this site said that they have the best kit. You might want to think twice before spending your money on this junk! This turbo kit was a head ach from day one.

First off we waited forever for the kit; the next hang up was they sent two headers for the same side along with the same side down pipe. It’s a good thing that we live in phoenix, because we had to go to Jet hot to pick up the correct parts personally. After we had the complete kit we quickly found out that the fitment was pure crap! For example the pipe from the header was so wrong that it bound the whole left side turbo causing the exhaust pipe hit the k-member. They also had fabricated a section of exhaust out of flex pipe that looked just like the flex tube at Pep Boys. After careful consideration we had decided to cut off the flex tube due to excessive leaks at that particular joint... the H-pipe was also a Gem all on its own, according to there instructions we would have to cut the pre existing cat back and weld the H-pipe in it’s place. So with that in mind I wondered what would happen if a clutch was ever to be done on this car? Would we have to cut the pipe off again? The answer was to either having the customer investing in a welder and a lift, or just make a new section of pipe so that the customer would be able to do his own clutch if he wanted... We also had noticed that the left tire would clearly hit the exhaust piping when making a right hand turn. After the kit was finally in and running we quickly had a problem, the car would not idle due to the inner cooler pipe being smashed with a hammer (Why didn’t they just buy oval pipe?) To make an oval to squeeze between the bumper crumple zone and the header panel not to mention that this would never seal correctly due to the crudeness of the ovaling, then trying to bolt to a round pipe. Needless to say we had to add about 1.5 inches to that pipe (due to poor fitment causing the exhaust to hit the k member that we have already mentioned). After we finally had the car running again we noticed a whistling noise from under the hood. Yep you guessed it another problem. The turbo company in question also has hit the tube that went from the inner cooler to the Throttle body with a hammer to make to oval pipe for the acufab (please see the pics and notice all the dents caused by the hammer in question) and the hit it so much that it was now concaved (reward for this hammer because this tech clearly should not possess a tool with this much power) and not able to seal (but they had it coated that must be a A+ for them!). We have had so many problems with this kit that we now have elected to trash the entire kit all together and make all our own Pipes for this unit. I am not talking shit and I took pics to back up my statements. I’m sure that company does nice work when it is at there shop as for the mail order kits…. Well lets just say I would rather have a large wing and a body kit from a ricer magazine than to mess with another one of there kits.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
can you say what kit this is because i am buying a kit and do not want to buy this one. Is it thp??

TRBO VNM

C H I N I said:
can you say what kit this is because i am buying a kit and do not want to buy this one. Is it thp??

look at the 8th pic down under the driver headlight. see the turbo? only one kit I know of that has the turbo's behind the bumper.

bouncer18

Established Member
Pathetic...

but, you got the pics to back the claim

+1 more for Hellion

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Shayne said:
These pics are for everyone planning on building a twin turbo car. One of our customers had bought a kit from a turbo company in New Mexico, because everyone on this site said that they have the best kit. You might want to think twice before spending your money on this junk! This turbo kit was a head ach from day one.

snip....

index.php

very sorry to hear man. hopefully you guys get things worked out.

Last edited:

Slythrin

We are currently makeing this Kid a new kit out of stainless piping that way there are no problems and it will actualy fit. Not to mention that we are also going to get ball barring turbos ( these were ordered as ball barring and are bushing) They come from Turbo electric here in phoenix it just happends to be the same place the they get there turbos from.. Just call there and ask Mottz

btecdude

Established Member
Without making a huge post i would just like to say that after reading about all your problems i feel bad for you guys because my experience with my kit didnt quite go the way yours did and i have twin 67s. the only part i realy agree with is the exhaust but then again i converted to a solid axle and there for had to do a custom set up anyway. in all my days of dealing with turbo kits, i have yet to have any smooth sailing on the installations. if i had to rate the installation on time, fitment, and instructions, i would give it a 7. power , a 9-10.

Slythrin

thanks, but on your own scale I would rate this kit at about a 3 the Idea is grand and it looks kick ass on paper but in real life it fits like poo

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
after talking to shayne for almost 2 hours i am going to probably have this guy build me my car. Watch out btecdude i am coming for you! lol

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Nope, no way that is the worst kit ever out of New Mexico, cuz I had the worst one. My proof is that you were actually able to get the pipes "installed"

Same hammered intake pipe, blobby spattered welds and poor fitment though.

Good luck with the custom kit, probably the best way to go if you want twins that actually fit.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
F8LBITEva said:
I bet installation price must be astronomical for all this fabrication you have to do. good luck guys!

Actually Shayne is giving this guy with the yellow car pictured a deal for fixing this pile of shit. Hopefully he will post the pictures of the complete lack of turning radius this car has where it hits the pipe. I took most of the pictures you're looking at in this thread...

The car belongs to my cousin (yes I have more than 1 with TT on his 04 cobra :p )

Slythrin

After careful consideration I have decided to show every one the tire hitting the pipes. If I owned this car I would be pissed for the amount of money that was spent on this kit to have tires rub the pipe is bull shit. I also forgot to mention that the driver side header sits on the actual motor mount plate on the K member causing the motor to actually sit higher on the left side I didn’t get a pic of this but I will. Also the hot piping sits right on the power steering rack bellow and is causing it to melt. Why would anyone buy this Junk?

index.php

index.php

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
Holy PISS turbo man, Thats rice! Id call those people and talk some SEROIOUS shit.. I would make my ****ing point OFFICIAL.. just looking at those pics makes ME livid..

Slythrin

Well talking to them is not an option, because they don't answer the phone. So we are tig welding new pipes together as we speak and fixing the oil drain back problem as we speak. We also make turbo kits but we do them custom for every car. I can tell you that the re-design of this kit will be nice and contain all stainless piping on the hot side and a proper oil return system for the turbo. If you like those pics then you will love the other ones I am saving such as the header and motor mount problem, and the steering components hitting the steering tie rods and denting the shit out of the piping but I guess that is quality right?

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
C H I N I said:

This is not THP, this is the HP car that was posted all over racingsouthwest by Dan, My THP kit fits fine and is the highest 03-04 Cobra dynoed in the country, so please do not confuse THP with HP, HP is in Roswell NM, THP is located in Albuquerque NM. Hope this helps anyone.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
not to hijack but my THP kit had actually WORSE fitment problems than this HP kit did.

Also "rex's" car above is one he got used from Bill Ross and that kit, actually the prototype, was installed by THP and has been running since way last year.

Planning a ulra-thorough pictorial review of its NUMEROUS fitment and design flaws, now back to the HP thread.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
postban said:
not to hijack but my THP kit had actually WORSE fitment problems than this HP kit did.

Planning a ulra-thorough pictorial review of its NUMEROUS fitment and design flaws, now back to the HP thread.

Looking forward to it...

People don't deserve this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread