Worse Turbo kit ever yep it is from New Mexico

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
btecdude said:
well im assuming you did'nt read the instructions because it clearly states to trim part of the k member away.

Assuming is funny. This thread, on the other hand, is very serious.

It's past reading the instructions... I watched the owner of the yellow car grind away on his K member (talk about chicken shit) waaay before Shayne's shop got a hold of it.

The kit was fully installed by the owner of the car.

TRBO VNM

btecdude said:
snip.....it was mentioned that the passenger header was resting on the k member, well im assuming you did'nt read the instructions because it clearly states to trim part of the k member away.

this is what I don't understand, why should the customer have to do this kind of stuff? so it isn't a direct bolt on and you do have to cut part of the car "indirectly". that might be a stretch in saying that, but the new K-member has to be cut by the customer and then installed on the car? so you now have a cut and or hacked (however the customer modifies it) the K-member to make the kit work?

why not just work with the K-member manufacturer and have them provide a modified K that will work and is then just a direct bolt on? seems logical to me.

granted, I haven't seen what has to be cut or how much, but just to have to do it seems wrong to me.

Blown02

Established Member
My k wasnt cut. Also, every single time I have called hp, the phone was answered. If I had a problem, and they didnt call me back when they said they would, I would call back. You just have to stay on their ass about it.

Yall should have called HP..

bouncer18

Established Member
Quality Controls.......

need i say more.. Cut the K.. No need to cut the K... Tires rub... Tires Dont rub... Drainback issues... blah blah blah..

If they would make there own parts in house rather then rely on others i would imagine alot of there problems owuld solve themselves

Blown02

Established Member
Did yall talk to HP? Every single time I call, I get through and talk to one of the owners..

I emailed the owner last NIGHT at midnight.. This morning at 8am I had a email back from him.

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
Ok Here We Go

I'd like to say a couple of things about hp and their kit. Yes they did take forever to get the kit and yes there were some little peices her and there that needed to be swapped (like my 57's for 67's lol)

Nathain is a stand up guy that has always worked to help me. As for the kit take a look and see for your self.

on a stock tb and 1st ever tune with major boost controller issues I made an easy 700 rwhp on 17 lbs of boost on 57's (stock motor and pump 93) commmm on who or where can get me that. fyi i really could of went for more boost and like (740 rwhp) also as for the parts see for your self

also I saw a pic of the driver's side tire rubbing on the wheel (dirrrr) the header is upside down (I KNOW B/S I DID THE SAME THING) LOLOL

Here are some pics

of the tt cobra

IMGP3813.gif

ttsvtdetailed3.gif

6400Resize_of_TURBO-_D_COBRA_002-me.gif

IMGP3806.gif

for any of you that don't know me this is my other tt and I spent more on my motor that 2 cobrs's so the hp tt was a blessing!!!!!

IMGP4061.jpg

IMGP4057.jpg

IMGP4056.jpg

08-06-05_2309.jpg

The HP turbo kit is the best bang for the buck peroid!!!!!

vd..

Last edited:

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
I had the car at vos but they went out of business and i finished the car in my garage on my lift.

as for the viper it was done by rsi out of texas. had the viper shipped there and back. I can't believe that my viper was in texas b/f me. I would love to go visit texas!!!

vd..

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
VIPER D said:
I had the car at vos but they went out of business and i finished the car in my garage on my lift.

as for the viper it was done by rsi out of texas. had the viper shipped there and back. I can't believe that my viper was in texas b/f me. I would love to go visit texas!!!

vd..
They are both SICK cars for sure... So how much was your HP kit, with all the bells and wistles? Did you order right from HP?

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
They are both SICK cars for sure... So how much was your HP kit, with all the bells and wistles? Did you order right from HP?

I got it from turbochargedpower.com I think (hope my wify is not reading this) was about 11k for t57's 750cc injectors and a full return style fuel sys.

It was a while ago and i really can't recall 100% it could of been more or less.

vd..

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
Shayne said:
index.php

yes this my fault bwahahahaha

Let me enlighten you on my background I have been a master technician for Ford motor company for well over 9 years, I have owned my own Performance shop for the last 8 years. I also own one of the leading Dyno shops in Phoenix AZ, we also do full custom turbo Kits for mustangs and other sports cars. Don’t get me wrong I am not advertising on this board not to mention that you have brought up the point that I don’t know how to install a POS turbo kit, when in fact if you were to look at the pictures that have been shown you would have never made your post. If this is the level of work to expect from this turbo facility then I tell every one I know, and show them the pictures that are shown here. I now will also keep all tubing that has come off of this kit just for the non-believers such as your self. Let me ask you this How many turbo kits must I show you do you to finally say … Well I guess that was a bad kit and then how many kits that are bad kits will it take for you to finally realize that these kits are pure shit! I have posted two different kits and you have made excuses for both of them. What are the chances that I actually have 4 different cars that have these shitty kits on then and each and every one will gladly take then off for there money back! Since you like them so much you should buy all these junk kits that are sitting in my scrap pile. If you are not prepared to back you comments up then I would leave well enough alone and the more time you respond keeps this thread in public eye so thank you for keeping this topic #1 again,

Oh and the picture where you are saying there is tons of room is on a lift with the suspension unloaded of course there is tons for room Jack!

This is a Junk twin Turbo kit that was bought from Hp Turbo Company

I never said that the banged up elbow is acceptable. I'm sure they will swap it out for you without question. You are complaining of fitment problems. I'd just about guarantee that you have some pieces of the piping in the wrong spot. Ya know, being a master tech and shop owner, I'd think you could have figured that out. That must have been on of the things your forgot since you've forgotten more about these cars then I know :shrug: . If the problems you mention happen on every car you put an HP kit on, then I'd feel more confident that you are installing it wrong. You probably put the kits on the same way. I've mentioned before that the kit does go together multiple ways, but only one correct way. I'm not doubting your ability to build custom turbo kits, but it seems pretty obvious that you've got some stuff twisted around.

Also, being on a lift has nothing to do with raising the turbos up to avoid drainback issues and avoiding the tie rods. You need to move the up-pipe UP. Meaning, towards the headlights.

I'm not going to go around and buy up all the kits with problems. I like HP, they make a great kit, it was easy to install and it fit great on my car. I just don't want to see them get bashed for somebody's installation error.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
this is what I don't understand, why should the customer have to do this kind of stuff? so it isn't a direct bolt on and you do have to cut part of the car "indirectly". that might be a stretch in saying that, but the new K-member has to be cut by the customer and then installed on the car? so you now have a cut and or hacked (however the customer modifies it) the K-member to make the kit work?

why not just work with the K-member manufacturer and have them provide a modified K that will work and is then just a direct bolt on? seems logical to me.

granted, I haven't seen what has to be cut or how much, but just to have to do it seems wrong to me.

OMG dude. You have to grind like a 1/4'' of the k-member. If you saw what needed grinding you'd probably laugh. Well, you probably wouldn't, but everyone else would. It takes like 30 seconds to do. It's less of a hack then the MM K for the hellion for reference. You need to take about a 1/4 inch off of the mounting plate where the K mounts to the frame on the passenger side. A piece of that plate over hangs towards the header. If it's not trimmed, then the header will touch the k-member. It in no way would weaken the k-member.

TRBO VNM

smashedheadcat said:
OMG dude. You have to grind like a 1/4'' of the k-member. If you saw what needed grinding you'd probably laugh. Well, you probably wouldn't, but everyone else would. It takes like 30 seconds to do. It's less of a hack then the MM K for the hellion for reference. You need to take about a 1/4 inch off of the mounting plate where the K mounts to the frame on the passenger side. A piece of that plate over hangs towards the header. If it's not trimmed, then the header will touch the k-member. It in no way would weaken the k-member.

ok, like I said I wasn't sure since I have never installed an HP, but you have someone here saying you need to cut and someone else saying you don't and both have HP kits. that is good that it is nothing major and I would agree that it sounds like it is no big deal and shouldn't require the manufacturer to make another one for that.

the MM isn't a hack. it is a redesigned kmember to work with the hellion kit and no modification needed by the consumer to make it work. MM has told me it is just as strong as their original design and stronger than stock. Hack may have been a bad choice or words, but MM is definitely a hell of a lot stronger than any others available and in-turn is not the lightest either.

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
ok, like I said I wasn't sure since I have never installed an HP, but you have someone here saying you need to cut and someone else saying you don't and both have HP kits. that is good that it is nothing major and I would agree that it sounds like it is no big deal and shouldn't require the manufacturer to make another one for that.

the MM isn't a hack. it is a redesigned kmember to work with the hellion kit and no modification needed by the consumer to make it work. MM has told me it is just as strong as their original design and stronger than stock. Hack may have been a bad choice or words, but MM is definitely a hell of a lot stronger than any others available and in-turn is not the lightest either.

It's really no big deal on the k-member as I'm sure that's why you never see anyone mention it. I like the MM k-member as I know it's strong as can be, but I really don't have any complaints with the qa1. I know a lot of people do though. Mine rides very well with the 14'' 225lb springs (a little softer than stock) and I don't have any clanking going on up there. :thumbsup:

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I didn't have to cut anything when i put my kit on. I will say this though. I just put a hellion kit on a 04 GT. I started at 6 and by 10 o'clock i had the k member, all tubing, turbo, feed, drain, intercooler, and started the car to make sure no leaks. This kit is incredible how simple it goes on these cars. If i had done it all over i'd have went with a decent size hellion. I'm putting a single HP kit on an 06 this weekend. I'll post some pics of the install and let you know my honest opinions of this kit also. It kind of sucks, my poor car got pushed to the side. My ignition has been sittin in the box for a month. Damn bike and job are killing my free time.

TRBO VNM

0mineralgrey3 said:
I didn't have to cut anything when i put my kit on. I will say this though. I just put a hellion kit on a 04 GT. I started at 6 and by 10 o'clock i had the k member, all tubing, turbo, feed, drain, intercooler, and started the car to make sure no leaks. This kit is incredible how simple it goes on these cars. If i had done it all over i'd have went with a decent size hellion. I'm putting a single HP kit on an 06 this weekend. I'll post some pics of the install and let you know my honest opinions of this kit also. It kind of sucks, my poor car got pushed to the side. My ignition has been sittin in the box for a month. Damn bike and job are killing my free time.

nice to know your experience with the install has been just lilke all the rest with the hellion. although that is pretty damn fast man. :beer:

I hear ya about no time. my car is sitting and needs new front pads, plugs, change the rear tires, rear pads. but I have another car with a steggie I need to finish by friday so I can do a vortech on a 99 on saturday with aftercooler and gauges and then sunday start a whipple build up on another car....damn, and I have my full time job. why do people wait till summer to mod their car. they should be enjoying it over summer and modding during winter...oh well.

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
0mineralgrey3 said:

SORRY TO GET OFF TOPIC

but can you post a better pic of those HKS bov's, Are they very loud?

thanks in advance

vd..

Users who are viewing this thread