Worse Turbo kit ever yep it is from New Mexico

TRBO VNM

there are some others as well that have had problems with the THP kits. Not just postban.

but yes, this thread is the HP and not the THP kit.

Slythrin

TwinTurboTRex said:
This is not THP, this is the HP car that was posted all over racingsouthwest by Dan, My THP kit fits fine and is the highest 03-04 Cobra dynoed in the country, so please do not confuse THP with HP, HP is in Roswell NM, THP is located in Albuquerque NM. Hope this helps anyone.

Lets not misconstrued what has been posted here, these are actual pictures of the turbo kit in question. Let’s get this correct this is not THP’s kit, and it was not all over the place until now, there was only one thread on two different forums. Please explain how this was all over the place. We only post on Saleen power (local board) because they hosted the pictures only! Not to mention that the thread was about the shop in Phoenix making Turbo kits to start with. Not slamming anyone thus is why they wouldn’t tell you the name of the turbo company to start with. Until all the girls on RSW said there was no way this was make by a turbo company in New Mexico and they requested pictures of said kit in question to back up said accusation. Thus would be the only way they ever made it on that board. It was about Performance Solution making stainless quality turbo kits with quality in mind un-like the company that made this kit! That still doesn’t change the facts that are right there in front of you! I have seen all you guys backing HP turbo up and quite frankly I am getting sick of seeing fellow mustangers letting others get ripped off. I don’t understand how you can do this. This kit = sheit. I can under stand if they actually built the kit and installed it on your car at there actual shop. That way they can correct all the bull shit problems. But lets face it if you mail order it like this owner of the car did and spoke directly to the owners of HP and it was still 5 weeks past the promise date just to receive what you see here Not to mention the piss poor fitment I believe that these customers have every right to make a big stink about this whole thing! Anyone who disagrees with this is moronic. It is not right for anyone to be screwed like this, Come on No one wants to face the fact until it happens to you then after you have defended them you come on here with a “ I have problems with my turbo thread!” Face the facts. The Cheap a$$ turbo kit that you bought is actually junk just like every one said it was. Stop defending them. Speak only of your own experience.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I'm curious to know: Who else besides postban and badcobra have received THP mail order kits?

IEatGt's said:
this should get interesting. :pop:

This is just getting started...

You should see the other HP car parked next to the yellow car.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I know a guy who got the HP kit. We looked at the pieces and even before installing the kit we saw it was junk. Now the owner of that car has CPE TT's going on his car

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
50 BMG said:
I'm curious to know: Who else besides postban and badcobra have received THP mail order kits?

This is just getting started...

You should see the other HP car parked next to the yellow car.

slvrcobra
2003 slobra
jpjr

pm sent

Akuma

Established Member
I have seen the yellow car in person and can tell you this is some of the worst work i have ever seen.

If I had to do it all over again I would have waited and had Performance Solutions make it. I have already had a few problems with my car. One being that the ****ing drive shaft was to long and pushing in the trany which then broke a caged bearing, a shim, and ate up the rear seal. Then we found that the left header is being smashed by the K-member. Then droped the 3rd member and found that it had a locker (like I thought it did) even tho I payed for a true track.

Last, the work that I have seen that comes out of Performance Solutions is by far a better quality than i have seen from SVC. I would sugest to anyone who is going to spend there money on a TT kit and lives close to Arizona to bring it there. Because it not worth the time or effort to spend money at a shop so they can learn how to do a TT kit.

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
postban said:
not to hijack but my THP kit had actually WORSE fitment problems than this HP kit did.

Also "rex's" car above is one he got used from Bill Ross and that kit, actually the prototype, was installed by THP and has been running since way last year.

Planning a ulra-thorough pictorial review of its NUMEROUS fitment and design flaws, now back to the HP thread.

Not too hijack your post, but none of my pipes are dinged and dented like the ones You had sent back to THP, like I posted before, the kit that You sent back was all dinged and dented by yourself, looked like kids playing with a lego set or something, I have helped and witnessed THP install three kits, plus my kit has been off and on the car since I bought it from Bill, none of these issue's came up on the kits at the shop, Jim from THP more than bent over backwards to help get your kit on, offered to pay for the shipping of your car, than tow it back free of charge, or fly the lead tech out to do it for You, I do not think any other Turbo company would of been that nice and understanding, but You turned down every offer that Jim made to You. Than is that is not enough You still bag the kit, sounds to me You have a personal problem with someone in Albuquerque and not just the kit. You act like Jim screwed Your GF or something. Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt you get the kit half way on with the tranny out of the car, and than try to later install your transmission bitching that the pipes were in the way? lol..............I hope Your hellion kit goes on great, or it will be a full time job for You bashing both kits. I bet it will go on great, You have some great guys doing the install............................and not the great postban himself turning the wrench, maybe your kit will not get all dented up like the last one. :loser:

TRBO VNM

TwinTurboTRex said:
Not too hijack your post, but none of my pipes are dinged and dented like the ones You had sent back to THP, like I posted before, the kit that You sent back was all dinged and dented by yourself, looked like kids playing with a lego set or something, I have helped and witnessed THP install three kits, plus my kit has been off and on the car since I bought it from Bill, none of these issue's came up on the kits at the shop, Jim from THP more than bent over backwards to help get your kit on, offered to pay for the shipping of your car, than tow it back free of charge, or fly the lead tech out to do it for You, I do not think any other Turbo company would of been that nice and understanding, but You turned down every offer that Jim made to You. Than is that is not enough You still bag the kit, sounds to me You have a personal problem with someone in Albuquerque and not just the kit. You act like Jim screwed Your GF or something. Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt you get the kit half way on with the tranny out of the car, and than try to later install your transmission bitching that the pipes were in the way? lol..............I hope Your hellion kit goes on great, or it will be a full time job for You bashing both kits. I bet it will go on great, You have some great guys doing the install............................and not the great postban himself turning the wrench, maybe your kit will not get all dented up like the last one. :loser:

I wanted to stay out of this, but just can't. not going to bash or anything, but state facts.

Stenod tried installing the THP as well and had nothing but problems. It was not just Dave who had the problems. After he had to hack the MAF, cut holes in the car for the downpipes, relocate the battery, etc and had other problems, he sent the kit to Stenod to finish it up. they continued to have problems. So the great guys that you said would have no problem with the hellion, which they didn't, did have problems with THP.

FYI, the Hellion kit is on and has been on the car for a week now running. he is just waiting on PHP to tune it. The kit arrived within a week of his order, the BB turbo arrived within 4 weeks of his order. If he would have gone non-BB he would have had the kit ordered and installed running in 2 weeks.

Dave, remind me how long your car was down for the THP kit? And there are some around that know for a fact many other THP cars have been having issues with installs. that info has come from the car owners and installers of the kits. But I will not get into names since they have decided not to post up themselves.

BTW, the guys at Stenod said the Hellion has been the easiest kit they have installed aside from fabbing up their own.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Well said jason, rex is just doing his job being numba one THP fanboy. Anything negative gets out about the THP kit and its multiple failings and the albqwerky crew is on a hunt.

Most pathetic thing about this is you constantly restating the packaging comments. I still have the carefully staged pictures that Jimbo sent me to try to beat me up over the refund. They will be a part of my review. Everyone will see that he tried to make the returned condition of the kit, as you are doing over and over, more relevant than the fact it could not be made to fit by an experienced custom turbo kit manufacturer.

Another funny thing is how you and jim signed up for svtp on the same day and both went after me. Who wears the pants in your relationship?

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
Akuma said:
I have seen the yellow car in person and can tell you this is some of the worst work i have ever seen.

If I had to do it all over again I would have waited and had Performance Solutions make it. I have already had a few problems with my car. One being that the ****ing drive shaft was to long and pushing in the trany which then broke a caged bearing, a shim, and ate up the rear seal. Then we found that the left header is being smashed by the K-member. Then droped the 3rd member and found that it had a locker (like I thought it did) even tho I payed for a true track.

Last, the work that I have seen that comes out of Performance Solutions is by far a better quality than i have seen from SVC. I would sugest to anyone who is going to spend there money on a TT kit and lives close to Arizona to bring it there. Because it not worth the time or effort to spend money at a shop so they can learn how to do a TT kit.
I am going to trailor my car down there in a few months.

Wickd03

Banned
bwahahaha

Yea I don’t think I would trust anything for New Mexico, Unless it was a food stamp! That is the only thing that works in that state.

Ill continue to go to the guys at Performance Solutions at least I can rest and night knowing I didn’t get burned and the sheit was done right!

Last edited:

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
TwinTurboTRex said:
Are you the bald headed guy driving that white cobra that thinks he is the most badass person on the planet?? Stop holding jims nuts from thp and face it, ALL THOSE TT KITS SUCK!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread