World's Fastest Street Supra

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
another reason its not street legal if it takes him that long to take off from a green light cause of that stall convertor he has built in man it'd be hell for him in stop and go traffic :)

BrandonAH

Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
another reason its not street legal if it takes him that long to take off from a green light cause of that stall convertor he has built in man it'd be hell for him in stop and go traffic :)

Oh I'm sure he takes that out too and only uses it for the track. :rollseyes

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno

You can't see it in the video, but in person you can see the red glow from his brake lights while hes stalling it up.

Other wise you CAN drive around with a stall :D

Last edited:

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member

BrandonAH

Established Member

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I dont know, usually Supras really impress me...but this one just seemed like the same ole same ole. I mean its impressive seeing a Supra totally hand a Cobra its ass on the street, but that just doesnt seem exciting. I mean its obvious by looking at it that its a race car, I would expect to run nothing slower.

jasil

Established Member
I hate threads like this!! There are many faster V-8's than the fastest or either of those supras!

How many real street cars put down 700-1000rwhp? Supras can do that and regularly do. Yes, they use race gas, but so what you just go fill up and then turn the boost up big deal.

There are no street driven 03' cobras that will pull 145-150mph traps.........PERIOD. Go to TO4R.com , supraforums, Sound Performance and there are over 50 supras that will trap 140mph++.

Any Joe blow can go do it. Until the twin turbo kits start showing up we won't see that kind of power in a 03'.

KB cobras might trap 130-132 putting down 600rwhp++. Jay from strictly trapped 140mph with a KB and 125 shot+...is fast as hell, but there are still faster air conditioned street supras out there...and Jay has to run race gas too.

Bring out the TT kits!!!

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Looks to me like there'll never be a concrete definition of a "street" car; there's just too many different opinions, laws, requirements, blah blah blah. The only cars I think are the most badass are the ones running 10s or quicker with full interior, a/c, stereo, and street tires. Who cares about emissions, if the car meets ALL that criteria, it gets my full respect.

Brad00L

Established Member
My buddy is the Driver for the Titan Motorsport Supra. This is his first year running it. There still working some bugs out. They went 175 mph in the 1/4 at bristol setting a new record for there class. But they were having turbo problems so they were DNR. As of right now the Titan supra is not that street friendly. It has a Powerglide, chute, and a loud ass fuel pump. But it does have stock rearend and halfshafts , wish ford could build halfshafts like that. It 's pretty fast for a Drag radial though.

But when the 8.9 video was shoot they could drive it on the street but did very little. It still had the stock 6 speed and full interior.

rezcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by XavierX
Supra's make big power, but their turbos come on late. Ill bet that time is decieving.

I bet not on this car. It has a B&M automatic and setup for the 1320. So it should be geared for the 1320 so the turbos are are at full boost right from the get go. Listen to the RPMs at launch, pretty high. But like someone said its impressive for a 6 banger!!:rockon:

Bigdough666

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
and i have a video of John Milohovtz (sp?) driving his 6s mustang to burger king, using his POWER windows to roll down the window, and then driving back ON SLICKS...IN THE SNOW...

so what's your point?

given the same power level, a 6cylinder will NOT outlast an 8cyl just as a 4cyl will not outlast a 6cyl. its just that simple.

My point is that you said that the problem with high horsepower IMPORTS is that they dont stay together. You never said anything about them not lasting as long, you jus said IMPORTS dont stay together. The point I was tryin to make is that ALL high horsepower engines have problems. Im sorry, it doesnt matter if its a 4,6,8,10,12 cylinder engine, if you run a shitload of power through it and race it all the time, chances are its not gonna stay together forever. You were putting this Supra down because they have blown the engine before? Ive seen several high horsepower engines blow up, not just imports. Im not pro-import or pro-domestic, I am into all cars. I respect ANYTHING that is fast.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
There are no street driven 03' cobras that will pull 145-150mph traps.....
:nonono: How long has the supra been out? And how long have 03cobra's been around? How many shops have taken an 03 and raced it compared to supra's. . . .not many. Nitrous pete had his 03cobra for a VERY short time. . .and almost trapped 140 for the short time he had it (139.4) with our weak IRS and a FULL INTERIOR. . .ALL four stock seats. . .etc. And this is on a completely STOCK motor.

Besides Npete, all we have is strictly performance. The yellow car trapped 140mph on the stock motor if I remember correctly. And their blue car trapped 141 with the 6speed and IRS and FULL interior and a STOCK motor. Strictly put cams and pistons in their yellow car and they were going to do some weight reduction and definitely be in the 8's, but the car is up for sale.

So out of the three 03cobra's that shops have used, all of them have gotten to 139-145mph. And this is all with twin screw superchargers. Very inefficient compared to centrifugal blowers or Turbo's. If we had a shop that started using turbo's on the 03cobra they could go low 9's. Swap out the pistons, run some more boost and I think 8's are definitely possible. But with much less motor work done and much less weight reduction then the Titan supra.

My12SecGT

Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
I hate threads like this!! There are many faster V-8's than the fastest or either of those supras!

How many real street cars put down 700-1000rwhp? Supras can do that and regularly do. Yes, they use race gas, but so what you just go fill up and then turn the boost up big deal.

There are no street driven 03' cobras that will pull 145-150mph traps.........PERIOD. Go to TO4R.com , supraforums, Sound Performance and there are over 50 supras that will trap 140mph++.

Any Joe blow can go do it. Until the twin turbo kits start showing up we won't see that kind of power in a 03'.

KB cobras might trap 130-132 putting down 600rwhp++. Jay from strictly trapped 140mph with a KB and 125 shot+...is fast as hell, but there are still faster air conditioned street supras out there...and Jay has to run race gas too.

Bring out the TT kits!!!
who cares about the trap speed??? dont mean sh*t.. i seen a diesel truck video of it running 11.1X at 110 mph when it should be around 125-130...all im saying is that speed doesnt matter.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
:nonono: How long has the supra been out? And how long have 03cobra's been around? How many shops have taken an 03 and raced it compared to supra's. . . .not many. Nitrous pete had his 03cobra for a VERY short time. . .and almost trapped 140 for the short time he had it (139.4) with our weak IRS and a FULL INTERIOR. . .ALL four stock seats. . .etc. And this is on a completely STOCK motor.

Besides Npete, all we have is strictly performance. The yellow car trapped 140mph on the stock motor if I remember correctly. And their blue car trapped 141 with the 6speed and IRS and FULL interior and a STOCK motor. Strictly put cams and pistons in their yellow car and they were going to do some weight reduction and definitely be in the 8's, but the car is up for sale.

So out of the three 03cobra's that shops have used, all of them have gotten to 139-145mph. And this is all with twin screw superchargers. Very inefficient compared to centrifugal blowers or Turbo's. If we had a shop that started using turbo's on the 03cobra they could go low 9's. Swap out the pistons, run some more boost and I think 8's are definitely possible. But with much less motor work done and much less weight reduction then the Titan supra.

I think X2C had a Turbo 03 that went 9.14 or 9.17 or something like that.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
redfire - yep they did. The reason I left them out, is because even though they ran 9.1's, they are at an altitude of 2700, if I remember correctly. Whatever it was, they always mention how the car would run much faster at a better track. So I didnt want to say "X2C could have ran low 8's if . . .etc"

But yes, you are correct, X2C ran very very low 9's at a very high altitude and full weight (I think). I always wondered if they could have hit 8's with a stock motor and their turbo kit. It was about to get real exciting because they took off their T76 turbo and put on a T88, with a new custom intake manifold. . .they claimed they would hit 1000rwhp 'stock' motor, but I always wondered if they swapped out the pistons. . But it doesn't matter because just like strictly performance, the X2C car was up for sale :(

Users who are viewing this thread