World's Fastest Street Supra

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by joeySVT03
street legal, but not practical(daily driver)

what are you talking about? have you ever driven ET Streets ont eh street? they are far from being as bad as people make them out to be.

I know MANY cars that are DAILY DRIVEN (in the most conservitive definition) on slicks and skinnies!!!

Bigdough666

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
the titan supra is FAR from a daily driver. I don' tknow if you know...but it broke up in Bristol ;) that's the thing about high horespower imports. they don't stay together.

As opposed to all the other high horsepower cars out there that are INDESTRUCTABLE. :rollseyes

And I have video of them driving the Titan Supra on the street. Not practical, but it is a street legal car. But, like previously stated, this car isnt impressive because it is a street car, its impressive because it is fast. I dont care if there are several Mustangs out there faster, no one said anything bout this Supra being faster. It was simply stated that this is an impressive car.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
and i have a video of John Milohovtz (sp?) driving his 6s mustang to burger king, using his POWER windows to roll down the window, and then driving back ON SLICKS...IN THE SNOW...

so what's your point?

given the same power level, a 6cylinder will NOT outlast an 8cyl just as a 4cyl will not outlast a 6cyl. its just that simple.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Niko_Fx
It comes stock with a I6 and has about 300HP... Don't you think 8.9 secs is a great time?? Is a daily driver car...

8.9 is an excellent time dont get me wrong, esspecially for a daily driver, and I'd bet that supra is probably still running stock internals and block, but when in perspective to other cars making over 1000 hp, 8.9 is just so so... There are a handful of daily driven Buick GN's in the 8's I read about everyonce in awhile in the GSXtra.

It's fast, 8's are very fast, but its just alittle lacking in comparison to other cars putting out comperable numbers tahts all.

At the Salt flats I could see the Supra's breaking some records, but for whatever reason the Supra is just lacking when it comes to the low end, and low end is what you need when it comes to the quarter mile.

Last edited:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
ya know one reason its not friggin street legal? not cats, and the turbo is in noise violation.and finally no friggin state inspection sticker haha that enough proof? nor is there a place for a license plate.

Gino

So Long!
Originally posted by 95snoozer
thats a street car and i have a 14 inch ****

:lol:

a motor is a motor, and a car is a car (not a race car). JKD COBRA said it well-- lol. still rather unimpressive

:smmon: :kaboom:

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
This car IS NOT STREET LEGAL.... guaran-****ing-T it. My friends 763 RWHP Supra was no exspense spared car, and cannot pass emissions.

I highly douvt the supra is on stock internals at this level of the game. My friend is still stock to this point and is going in for nitrous tuning this week. It's due to the fact as stated earlier that why it pulls like an ungodly raped ****ing ape on the top until he can get into FULL BOOST which is above 5XXX+ Rpms it's kinda useless. He is doing a 75 shot wet shot to hopefully get the massive turbo to spool earlier in the powerband. He has currently run an 11.2 here in Utah which with elevation translates into mid to low 10's at sea level, also on DR not slicks....

Again not street legal but his grandpa owns oil/lube companys along with H&R Block so he doesn't care... ROFL

cpdaddy35

Established Member
Originally posted by tommyhil4_6
This car IS NOT STREET LEGAL.... guaran-****ing-T it. My friends 763 RWHP Supra was no exspense spared car, and cannot pass emissions.

I highly douvt the supra is on stock internals at this level of the game. My friend is still stock to this point and is going in for nitrous tuning this week. It's due to the fact as stated earlier that why it pulls like an ungodly raped ****ing ape on the top until he can get into FULL BOOST which is above 5XXX+ Rpms it's kinda useless. He is doing a 75 shot wet shot to hopefully get the massive turbo to spool earlier in the powerband. He has currently run an 11.2 here in Utah which with elevation translates into mid to low 10's at sea level, also on DR not slicks....

Again not street legal but his grandpa owns oil/lube companys along with H&R Block so he doesn't care... ROFL

All states don't require an emmisions test.. We don't even have inspections here in south carolina.. Hmm...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
If anything, I give my credit to SW's supra for being the fastest STREET supra.
EXACTLY. I completely agree. SW's supra was a street car that could have been daily driven. Supra's like SW's are the supra's I look at when I want to compare fast street cars. Not the titan supra with a motor that has been completely rebuilt.

But like I said, the Titan supra is very fast and amazing. . .for a 6cylinder race car. . . .but it is NOT a street car.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Supra's like SW's are the supra's I look at when I want to compare fast street cars. Not the titan supra with a motor that has been completely rebuilt.

my motor has been completly rebuilt with forged internals and will support well over 1000hp with the right fuel system and power adder. does that mean its not a street car?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
No, it doesn't. I mentioned that because some said that the titan supra was probably on a stock bottom end. What I meant is how the Titan motor is built, you wouldn't want to do that to your motor in a daily driven car (because of gas milege. .etc).

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
haha if that car will run a 8.9 and be a daily driver no.... i doubt that car meets street regulations u cant drive around town with slicks on so that'll drop about a sec off his 1/4 mile. my friend kip works on dragsters and he's got this 92 S-10 street legal runs a 7.2 1/5 mile with a n/a 350 in it.full furnished and everything. and he spent less then 10K on the truck haha!!! they spent prolly 70K or more on that supra to get it to run a high 8. sadd.... sadd.... sadd....

Both are on Drag Radials, which are 100% DOT Legal

Originally posted by hmmmidunno
ya know one reason its not friggin street legal? not cats, and the turbo is in noise violation.and finally no friggin state inspection sticker haha that enough proof? nor is there a place for a license plate.

Turbos make ZERO noise at idle, they are just like the 03/04 cobra blower. They are load based, so unless you are at 3/4 throttle or more you wont hear a single peep from the turbo.

You don't need cats to pass a cali/nevada SMOG on a 96 and newer vehicle and those are the strictest smog laws in the country. They hook up to your diagnostic port, if everything checks out - you're golden. If for some reason they did a sniffer, turbo's are 100% smog friendly :D

As long as your licence plate is on the back of the car, its all good. How many times do you see a buick regal with the licence plate in the rear window ? BTW, Both of them have the plates in the correct spot.

Sorry, try again :D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
my motor will be "built" by any definition of the term. and guess what...its my only car. so by all definition it will be a "street" car and will also be "daily driven" with a "built" motor.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
EXACTLY. I completely agree. SW's supra was a street car that could have been daily driven. Supra's like SW's are the supra's I look at when I want to compare fast street cars. Not the titan supra with a motor that has been completely rebuilt.

But like I said, the Titan supra is very fast and amazing. . .for a 6cylinder race car. . . .but it is NOT a street car.

The Virtual works car is driven to and from work DAILY. Not trying to swing on anyones nuts here but I know the guy so I'm just throwing out valid info.

BrandonAH

Established Member
Originally posted by Redfire94GT
The Virtual works car is driven to and from work DAILY. Not trying to swing on anyones nuts here but I know the guy so I'm just throwing out valid info.

Does the parachute stay on the whole time he's driving it? :rollseyes I have my doubts about them driving that car DAILY as SW did.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by BrandonAH
Does the parachute stay on the whole time he's driving it? :rollseyes I have my doubts about them driving that car DAILY as SW did.

Most of the time yes. And I see it driven to his shop, and to his house damn near every single day as I work close by.

The only reason it hasnt been getting driven latly, is because its down for some upgrades.

Last edited:

BrandonAH

Established Member
Originally posted by Redfire94GT
Most of the time yes. And I see it driven to his shop, and to his house damn near every single day as I work close by.

The only reason it hasnt been getting driven latly, is because its down for some upgrades.

Earlier you said no, he only puts it on when he's at the track. Now your saying yes he does. Either way, I dont see him driving it DAILY unless he lives 2 minutes from the shop and refills on race gas everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread