World Record Pass; Fastest True Stick Mustang; 8.58@165 New Best

19935.slow

Established Member
Cool, but so unnecessary lol. The Supra kids have been screaming 6spd, 6spd, 6spd for a decade now, yet on the street it's totally useless with that kind of power. Having a car that can be legally driven on the street and a car that actually performs well on the street are two different things.

That being said, it IS cool, but I wouldn't say accomplishing it in an automatic is played out. The auto car will turn that time 10/10, wonder how many passes it takes to repeat it in a 6spd, assuming it doesn't break first.

Just trying to understand what your getting at. What does a record at the track have to do with the street?

SnotRod

Established Member
Cool, but so unnecessary lol. The Supra kids have been screaming 6spd, 6spd, 6spd for a decade now, yet on the street it's totally useless with that kind of power. Having a car that can be legally driven on the street and a car that actually performs well on the street are two different things.

That being said, it IS cool, but I wouldn't say accomplishing it in an automatic is played out. The auto car will turn that time 10/10, wonder how many passes it takes to repeat it in a 6spd, assuming it doesn't break first.

Now were does it say that this is a bracket car? He had his mind set on a record and went for it. And running fast times in a auto is played out. People put autos in cars because most of the time they lack the "driver mod". I got the same hate when I recently ran 9.72 in my C6Z on our local boards. That's what his mind was set on so he went for it so what? I am more then sure he knows he could put a auto in it and be consistent but that's not what he wanted. Good pass bro love the car.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Just trying to understand what your getting at. What does a record at the track have to do with the street?

In regards to the comment about accomplishing it in an automatic is played out. An automatic will put the power 10X better, street or track and it will do it much more reliably and consistently.

Now were does it say that this is a bracket car? He had his mind set on a record and went for it. And running fast times in a auto is played out. People put autos in cars because most of the time they lack the "driver mod". I got the same hate when I recently ran 9.72 in my C6Z on our local boards. That's what his mind was set on so he went for it so what? I am more then sure he knows he could put a auto in it and be consistent but that's not what he wanted. Good pass bro love the car.

Automatics are 100x more reliable, consistent, practicable and economical. The 6spd route is usually for bragging rights in anything running quicker than mid 9s. As for lacking the driver mod? ermm - maybe? :lol1:

C6Zs and other true lightweight sports cars a little different. You guys run 9s with 550rwhp. :rockon:

But when it's 1000, 1100, 1200rwhp+ in a 3400lb+ car with more weight over the front axle.....There's one route that's common sense and another that's counterproductive, which is why one route may seem more 'played out'.

This is NOTHING against the OPs accomplishment! Just some of the responses. As if this was a mid 8 second automatic car it wouldn't be impressive because it's 'played out'. :beer:

93_408_LX

Established Member

Bad ass. Have you ever done a no lift shift pass?
Sorry for the slow response! I tried some no-lift passes on lower boost, and between the tranny making a noise I did not enjoy hearing and it typically blowing the tires off on the shift, I decided it'd be better to regular shift it on the higher boost passes. This single-synchroed older t56 is not the easiest thing to shift at 8,000 rpm under that load but overall I knew the car had it in it without powershifting.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Sorry for the slow response! I tried some no-lift passes on lower boost, and between the tranny making a noise I did not enjoy hearing and it typically blowing the tires off on the shift, I decided it'd be better to regular shift it on the higher boost passes. This single-synchroed older t56 is not the easiest thing to shift at 8,000 rpm under that load but overall I knew the car had it in it without powershifting.

:eek:

dizzygoat

Established Member
I really understand your point I know T-56, they're great transmissions. I absolutley love them.
But what I meant was, there's so many people who claims records in different stuff that it takes the fun out of it. Just make a great 8 sec run (like he has done) and just say your car is f'ing fast, because it is. But it's no record car. No real records in my opinion.
Fastest street legal Mustang, that's more of a record imo.

Now you're just splitting hairs.
IMO nobody here cares about your opinion. <see what i did there? :)

As for the "fastest street legal mustang" thats a more subjective record than his x10. What may be street legal here in Texas definitely wont be in California. Heck, the county i live in there are no emissions testing, 14 miles east in the neighboring county they do.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Nice work man! Be proud, no matter what anyone here says you know whats up. As for trying to drive a 6 speed with power. I got 800 rwhp with a G-Force T56 and it's not easy to drive. I have a 1996 cobra convertible which I drive to the track run 9's and drive it home with the top down. Congrats on making that Fox go the way it does, it is a sight to see, the video is epic!

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Still one of my favorite cars! And nothing against the what 2-3 supras that have gone 7's but those getrags aren't holding up like this trans is, especially since those supras need a 250 hit off the line to even get moving. Like i said nothing against them they are definitely quick nasty cars….

93_408_LX

Established Member
Love that someone else is going that fast, especially in a gt500 that's extremely impressive. Is there a vid somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread