World Record Pass; Fastest True Stick Mustang; 8.58@165 New Best

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member
I remember seeing this thing a couple weeks back just slaying the tires on launch, nice to see it leave proper... Get re-certed and go after whitey? Wish I had made it down to see this and jms's run in person

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
INSANITY! So much cooler than seeing another played out auto car run the number. I have been following many of the stick f-body, viper, mustang stuff for over 10 years, you certainly have the Mustang record!

93_408_LX

Established Member
INSANITY! So much cooler than seeing another played out auto car run the number. I have been following many of the stick f-body, viper, mustang stuff for over 10 years, you certainly have the Mustang record!
Sounds like me! I remember first hearing the 8.99 from X2C ( now MMR) and loving the vids. Then as years passed never seeing anyone do anything made me think I should really go for it!

venomws6

Established Member
How much power is it putting down on 26psi?
Again huge congrats for the awesome work

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Sounds like me! I remember first hearing the 8.99 from X2C ( now MMR) and loving the vids. Then as years passed never seeing anyone do anything made me think I should really go for it!

I think only 1-2 4th gen f-body's have done it, one or so 5th gens, X2C/MMR did it in a Mustang, and Hanlon did it too I believe. There are a few Vipers in the 8's, one supposedly went a 7.9, a Supra has been a high 7, and a few in the 8's, one or two Vettes.

Congrats for doing something not the "norm"!

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Wow, that is amazing!
But please, do explain "True stick". Still synchroed? You can make records how ever you like it so no, it's not a record.
My T-bird can be the fastest red T-bird with pink wheels if I want to.

Other than that statement, it's ****ing awesome! Just work on your shifts and it can be even faster. Even though it might very difficult banging gears hard while doing an 8 sec run....

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Wow, that is amazing!
But please, do explain "True stick". Still synchroed? You can make records how ever you like it so no, it's not a record.
My T-bird can be the fastest red T-bird with pink wheels if I want to.

Other than that statement, it's ****ing awesome! Just work on your shifts and it can be even faster. Even though it might very difficult banging gears hard while doing an 8 sec run....

Pretty sure he means non clutchless/clutch assist or proshifted/faceplated race car stuff trans. As in an actual you push the clutch and shift it, and can actually DOWNSHIFT it...you know, like a real stick shift that comes in a car.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Pretty sure he means non clutchless/clutch assist or proshifted/faceplated race car stuff trans. As in an actual you push the clutch and shift it, and can actually DOWNSHIFT it...you know, like a real stick shift that comes in a car.

So I was right, he means synchroed transmission.

I'd rather have a faceplated one, much more fun ;) How much do you downshift hard for corners in a drag car anyways?

Poppacapp

Established Member
Many props on the run man!

But, I do have to say... it's getting wierd seeing all of these "records" for different scenarios.

"Fastest car with slicks at 14psi"
"Fastest car with a straight drive, passenger seat, and Burger King bag in the seat"

etc etc..

:banana:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member

I'd rather have a faceplated one, much more fun ;) How much do you downshift hard for corners in a drag car anyways?

I would think it's nice not having to rev match and drive around with a clunky crash box. If going fast with a real stick were easy, there would be more than a handful doing it.

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
I would think it's nice not having to rev match and drive around with a clunky crash box. If going fast with a real stick were easy, there would be more than a handful doing it.

I really understand your point I know T-56, they're great transmissions. I absolutley love them.
But what I meant was, there's so many people who claims records in different stuff that it takes the fun out of it. Just make a great 8 sec run (like he has done) and just say your car is f'ing fast, because it is. But it's no record car. No real records in my opinion.
Fastest street legal Mustang, that's more of a record imo.

Squamishcoyote

Wheel Hoppin
Established Member

Because street car... If you see the car in person, it's even more retarded, paint is better than my 3 yr old cars, also engine bay is clean as hell... Could throw it into a car show no problem and take home a trophy

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
I was gonna say hasn't a Supra gone 7's with a stick? Can't believe a Mustang hasn't gone faster?...

93_408_LX

Established Member
I really understand your point I know T-56, they're great transmissions. I absolutley love them.
But what I meant was, there's so many people who claims records in different stuff that it takes the fun out of it. Just make a great 8 sec run (like he has done) and just say your car is f'ing fast, because it is. But it's no record car. No real records in my opinion.
Fastest street legal Mustang, that's more of a record imo.
Just because you don't care about a "record" or it isn't well known to you, doesn't mean it isn't well known to others. I watched this "record" sit untouched for 10 years, and considering there's a fairly large difference between someone using a proshifted trans (that may or may not be using a clutch) and what many consider to be a street tranny, I felt that it was a record worth going for. Although I could happily drive this car around with a pro-shifted tranny, the car is insured and I usually drive it to the track as is.

What's your definition of the fastest stick mustang? Someone who just pulls a lever with no clutch?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just because you don't care about a "record" or it isn't well known to you, doesn't mean it isn't well known to others. I watched this "record" sit untouched for 10 years, and considering there's a fairly large difference between someone using a proshifted trans (that may or may not be using a clutch) and what many consider to be a street tranny, I felt that it was a record worth going for. Although I could happily drive this car around with a pro-shifted tranny, the car is insured and I usually drive it to the track as is.

What's your definition of the fastest stick mustang? Someone who just pulls a lever with no clutch?

Well said. Nothing can detract from the fact that yours is the fastest true stick Mustang. Very cool that you decided to pursue the record. And well done, of course. :burnout: :rockon:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Because street car... If you see the car in person, it's even more retarded, paint is better than my 3 yr old cars, also engine bay is clean as hell... Could throw it into a car show no problem and take home a trophy

Cool, but so unnecessary lol. The Supra kids have been screaming 6spd, 6spd, 6spd for a decade now, yet on the street it's totally useless with that kind of power. Having a car that can be legally driven on the street and a car that actually performs well on the street are two different things.

That being said, it IS cool, but I wouldn't say accomplishing it in an automatic is played out. The auto car will turn that time 10/10, wonder how many passes it takes to repeat it in a 6spd, assuming it doesn't break first.

Users who are viewing this thread