World Record Pass; Fastest True Stick Mustang; 8.58@165 New Best

svtshadow

Banned
I dont know why he hasn't gone auto yet.........

J/K

I knew It! Real men don't need an auto to go mid 8s....

Last edited:

venomws6

Established Member
:rockon: :rockon: Huge congrats man very nice.
I watched the the in-car footage of the 8.5 like 20 times no BS.

laruei

Established Member
Im not even sure how many times I watched that video.. lol

Good god man she really shits and gets..!

Congrats!!

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Your last thread when you when low 9's was badass enough, but this is insane!
Congrats again OP, not only is it quicker than hell but it is super clean and looks incredible.

laruei

Established Member
I have a Q...

I was talking with my pops about this car and we recognize the "slower" shifts were likely because you're trying to save the trans. But we were curious why a t56 was chosen and not anything stronger?

Driveability?

93_408_LX

Established Member
I have a Q...

I was talking with my pops about this car and we recognize the "slower" shifts were likely because you're trying to save the trans. But we were curious why a t56 was chosen and not anything stronger?

Driveability?
I've powershifted this tranny only a few times and when doing it at 7500 rpm on a single synchro trans, the tranny did not enjoy it by any means. We knew the car had it in it with the shifts as is, and shifting a car doing a 1.23 60 foot with that much load on the tranny is not as easy as powershifting a t5 on street tires.

As for tranny choice, it is a viper t56 and from the research I did before hand that was the strongest choice before upgrading to a Gforce gearset etc etc.

laruei

Established Member
I've powershifted this tranny only a few times and when doing it at 7500 rpm on a single synchro trans, the tranny did not enjoy it by any means. We knew the car had it in it with the shifts as is, and shifting a car doing a 1.23 60 foot with that much load on the tranny is not as easy as powershifting a t5 on street tires.

As for tranny choice, it is a viper t56 and from the research I did before hand that was the strongest choice before upgrading to a Gforce gearset etc etc.

There you go! Thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread