work out question

svt_nick69

Established Member
Is it true you need under 13.4 % body fat to see visible abbs? :shrug: Whats a good way to shed extra weight off / burn fat? My diet is fairly healthy so please don't tell me to stop eating junk food.Thanks guys :coolman:

MonkeysL

Established Member
cardio and high intensity training. everybody is different when it comes to bf% and abs showing through. 13% u could probably see the outline on most peps.

MonkeysL

Established Member
hmmm thx. Anyone else know of any wase?

P.s. I do not have access to a sauna

bro, besides diet all your options are.................cardio, high intensity weight training, or a fat burner supp. There is no magic though.

Also just b/c u think you're eating clean doesn't always mean you are. what does your diet look like? I hate cardio so what i do is really dial in my diet and know exactly what i'm eating on a daily basis, helps a ton!

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Dont look for an overnight solution, they are either unhealthy or you will go right back to the way you are now. Dont drink soda, dont eat sweets, eat 6 small meals a day, dont take in empty calories. Its ok to slow your carbs down for a while but you have to work hard and consistantly and you have to do cardio. Frequency and Intensity are the only two ways to get anything done in the physical fitness world.

rcksblr

Established Member
I think your the same person thats been posting up workout questions lately.

All the responses your going to get are kitchen kitchen kitchen, cardio cardio cardio... and thats the truth. If i'm thinking your the same user you've been doing the health kick and going to the gym maybe 2 months now? It's all about consistency, it may take awhile for your body to really adjust and get more results...everybody is different. Just keep up the hard work and it will pay off.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
And I hate to burst your bubble, but its really closer to 10%. If the average American male is 15%, shockingly thats true, then the average person would be right on the verge of abs. They aren't. Assume you'll have to dip into the single digits to get clearly defined abs.

Wintermute

Banned
Part of it is genetics. Hopefully you arent one of those freaks with uneven/assymetrical abs or even worse, with 8 pairs instead of 6.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Id rather have uneven abs or an 8pack than be fat and not have any. 10% is what I had always known too. Also, you cant spot reduce fat so dont be one of those retards that only does abs because your trying to work off the fat that is covering them. It wont work and you will end up looking fune because your muscle will develope and just push the fat out farther. You lose fat in the last palce you put it on so chances are you will lose it in your face and arms before you lose your tum-tum. DEDICATION!!!!

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
genetics hahaha. Everyone has abs and everyone can burn fat. The intestinal fortitude and will power to work out and eat right might be genetics. People that blame being fat on genetics are lazy. I would say that maybe 5% of people have a legitament health issue. Go overseas and count fat people, you wont count very high because they dont have many and we came from Europe so it isnt genetics that makes 75% of our country obese.

Wintermute

Banned
genetics hahaha. Everyone has abs and everyone can burn fat. The intestinal fortitude and will power to work out and eat right might be genetics. People that blame being fat on genetics are lazy. I would say that maybe 5% of people have a legitament health issue. Go overseas and count fat people, you wont count very high because they dont have many and we came from Europe so it isnt genetics that makes 75% of our country obese.

I said part of it. How much fat your store directly over the abdominals, how defined the muscles are naturallly or with average exercise, etc. I was not implying that there is a genetic excuse for being fat, just different factors in having a "six-pack".

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Everybody is different man... I'm 16.x% and depending on water content, have very defined 4 pack, just because I carry my bodyfat evenly all over and don't have a "gut" like some guys do...

Doin a million situps isn't the answer either, but doing Core workouts is a very good way to "cut up" that midsection

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
IF you cant seeyour balls unless you bend over and look at the mirrior from between your legs. You should prolly kill yourself becuase no diet will help you

benny honna

Established Member
here is my opinion.. you need to stay on a GOOD steady diet.. bottom line ! you can still have a cheat day, maybe once a week depending on your your current build/body type. every body is givin you great advice. but you also need to get it IN GEAR and apply this to your daily routine.. i have been training people for a little over 10 years.. and if you read what everbody is telling you. they ALL pretty much say the same thing.. you need to be patient and stay consistent and dedicated. good luck and stay possitve .

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
here is my opinion.. you need to stay on a GOOD steady diet.. bottom line ! you can still have a cheat day, maybe once a week depending on your your current build/body type. every body is givin you great advice. but you also need to get it IN GEAR and apply this to your daily routine.. i have been training people for a little over 10 years.. and if you read what everbody is telling you. they ALL pretty much say the same thing.. you need to be patient and stay consistent and dedicated. good luck and stay possitve .

Very true..

And CRASH Diets hurt you more than help because you start to crave stuff and then go pig out.. I know, I do it..

Just being conscious of everything you eat AND DRINK will help you alot..

You'd be surprised how many calories a day you consume in beverages, and the ridiculous amount of useless carbs in pop for instance...

Eat small, eat often..

Users who are viewing this thread