work out question

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Dont be dense, there are fibrous intersections in the rectus abdominus that break it into pockets.

And there are 6 different abdominal muscle groups.

Its still one muscle cool guy. One long sheet of muscle. And he asked about a "six-pack" which is traditionally the rectus abdominis. I am aware there are several muscles in the abdomen. Be a little cooler and tell us about those 8 pairs, or 16 individual, muscles making up the abs. :poke:

endless381

Established Member
Im planning on cutting at the 1st of the year......I going to probably do cardio 3-4 days a 2week an when I lift weights im going to lift lighter weights with more repps.Oyea bout to forget do alot of different situp/crunch workouts.You should try this an also stay far away from sodas!Drink only sugar free drinks....Then if you want you can try a fat burner supp. I've took fireball pills from vitamin world an work pretty good or you can get hydroycut Ive heard that stuff works good too

My only problem is I drink beer bout 3 times a week so im going to have to work even harder to see abs

2FST4USonicBlue

Established Member
High Intensity Interval training, followed by a Med/Heavy Lifting for sets of 6 -8. the med./heavy lifting will incorporate more fast twitch muscles which is what you are looking for, dont forget to mix up your lifts and always keep your body guessing. The HIIT cardio wont burn many "up front" calories, but it will raise your base metabolic rate for 24-48 hours which in turn will burn more fat deposits, unlike long distance cardio which will use up a lot of your muscle mass as well, this is why you see sprinters that look like beasts and long distance runners that dont have much muscle mass at all. also, almost forgot the most important thing, you have to drink a lot of water.

Last edited:

Sonic_GT

Established Member
hmmm thx. Anyone else know of any wase?

P.s. I do not have access to a sauna

sauna? all they do is allow you to release water content by sweating it out. Only reason athletes use them is to make weight. Another fyi, no reason whatsoever for people to exercise in those plastic suits/sweats when its hotter than hell in the gym. All this does is help to dehydrate the body. The body will replenish this loss later on so it serves no purpose.

Sonic_GT

Established Member
Forgot to add. There is no such thing as spot reducing. If you do cardio, its not just going to burn fat in the belly area. As a matter of fact, that is usually one of the last areas where fat loss will occur which is why alot of people get discouraged when working out.

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
genetics hahaha. Everyone has abs and everyone can burn fat. The intestinal fortitude and will power to work out and eat right might be genetics. People that blame being fat on genetics are lazy. I would say that maybe 5% of people have a legitament health issue. Go overseas and count fat people, you wont count very high because they dont have many and we came from Europe so it isnt genetics that makes 75% of our country obese.

Genetics do play into fat retention alot more than you would belive. Combined with increased lazyness and unhealthy food...

Ever wonder why Indians and Tongan/Samoans are on average much larger/fatter than your average caucasian? Genetics....

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
:lol:

No you're NOT at 7%bf, unless you compete or work out constantly.

How did you measure your bf?>

+1 I want photo proof... I call major :bs:

In summer time i'm no lower then high 9's, although I NEVER do cardio and am a natural Ecto! Winter time, bulk up why cut?! LoL

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
Forgot to add. There is no such thing as spot reducing. If you do cardio, its not just going to burn fat in the belly area. As a matter of fact, that is usually one of the last areas where fat loss will occur which is why alot of people get discouraged when working out.

+1 The burning of overlaying muscle happens "on site" for the energy requirements of the body. Until there is not "Easy access" muscle, the major storage areas such as the love handles and gut are not going to go away to quick.

It just takes time and dedication. Cutting is the easiest thing ever, it's the gaining weight I have the problem with lol.

Wintermute

Banned
Its still one muscle cool guy. One long sheet of muscle. And he asked about a "six-pack" which is traditionally the rectus abdominis. I am aware there are several muscles in the abdomen. Be a little cooler and tell us about those 8 pairs, or 16 individual, muscles making up the abs. :poke:

Awww. . . you said something stupid, I called you on it, and now yer all butt- hurt. Isn't that cute.

You knew exactly what I was talking about dickhead. :smmon: This are serious business.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
:beer:

Least you aren't MESO!

Are you kidding, I'd love to be a mesomorph. Those assholes have it made, naturally lean, add and lose weight fairly easily as they choose. Me and you have to bust ass to lose or gain.

Awww. . . you said something stupid, I called you on it, and now yer all butt- hurt. Isn't that cute.

You knew exactly what I was talking about dickhead. :smmon: This are serious business.

You're right, I said something dumb, like abs are all seperate muscles.:bash: And I'm still waiting for you to explain to me about these 8 pairs of abdominals...

Wintermute

Banned
Are you kidding, I'd love to be a mesomorph. Those assholes have it made, naturally lean, add and lose weight fairly easily as they choose. Me and you have to bust ass to lose or gain.

You're right, I said something dumb, like abs are all seperate muscles.:bash: And I'm still waiting for you to explain to me about these 8 pairs of abdominals...

Yeah like I'm gonna get into an anatomical morphology discussion with a Kanye West fan. Btw quote where I said there were "seperate" muscles. C0ck-jockey.

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
There is no specific body fat % number. I know from personal experience, and from my friends as well. A friend of mine was 11.2 and his abdominal muscles did not show, as to where I got as high as 13.6 a while back and mine were still there. Genetics is the key.

Users who are viewing this thread