work out question

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
Portion control, make sure you are eating enough through the course of the day (5-6) to promote an active metabolism, Work on varying your abs routine to incorporate stability/ functional training, You actually burn calories longer when you weight train then when you do cardio although cario is very important so don't stop it, make sure you are training based on your AT (anaerobic threshold) learn you heart rate zones to do this properly, try to eliminate all high fructose corn syrup since that junk just sits on your belly (although this has not been proven 100% true, once I cut it out of my diet I saw significant results).

WORK WORK WORK

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Yeah like I'm gonna get into an anatomical morphology discussion with a Kanye West fan. Btw quote where I said there were "seperate" muscles. C0ck-jockey.

:lol::lol::lol:

You're right, my musical taste overshadows my bachelor's in health and exercise and my national certification from the ACSM. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna argue with you about it, simply because it doesn't help the op in any significant way. The rectus abdominis is one muscle, there aren't "pairs" of anything. In very lean individuals, they display as a "six pack". In very lean individuals, both heads of the biceps are clearly visible, this doesn't mean you have a pair of biceps in each arm.:bored:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Genetics do play into fat retention alot more than you would belive. Combined with increased lazyness and unhealthy food...

Ever wonder why Indians and Tongan/Samoans are on average much larger/fatter than your average caucasian? Genetics....

We werent talking about Samoans. Have you ever been to Hawaii and seen what those people eat? I was stationed there for three years and let me tell you it isnt all just genetics. I am talking about white folks. There are very few people with genetic issues like that.

Wintermute

Banned
You're right, my musical taste overshadows my bachelor's in health and exercise and my national certification from the ACSM. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna argue with you about it, simply because it doesn't help the op in any significant way. The rectus abdominis is one muscle, there aren't "pairs" of anything. In very lean individuals, they display as a "six pack". In very lean individuals, both heads of the biceps are clearly visible, this doesn't mean you have a pair of biceps in each arm.:bored:

No but there are two origins per biceps. Hence the "bi". You fail again. My qualification are roughly equal or better than yours btw, but I dont spout that shit off.

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
We werent talking about Samoans. Have you ever been to Hawaii and seen what those people eat? I was stationed there for three years and let me tell you it isnt all just genetics. I am talking about white folks. There are very few people with genetic issues like that.

You answered your own question.... Island peoples and Native Americans originated from cultures where food stuffs were predominately low-fat. This low-fat diet had to be utilized to it's fullest extent by the body of the person consuming the food.

Shoot forward to present day, these individuals bodies are pre-dispositioned to consume and store extra fat/food stuffs in the body for "times" where famine or lack of quality food is present. This is a genetic trait of people whom come form a background where food was scarce.

Islanders were not the only individuals to have to store much needed energy. Many caucasian ancestral groups had to do the same.

Now that these individuals have every form of food available to them, mostly high fat/caloric food, their bodies willingly store this food as it is genetically pre-dispositioned too from their ancestral traits.

You are flat out wrong to think that genetics is not a major component of obesity....

Diabetes is known to be genetically pre-dispositioned coupled with environmental factors, levels of glycemic control are varied due to genetic factors.

Metabolic rates within individuals is also known to be genetic. Look up ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph body types.

You assume it is our own negligence... What of an individual whom is adopted into a healthy lifestyle, thin family? This individual becomes obese while his adoptive family remains thin and healthy....

Obesity is a combination of genetic, environmental, physiological and psychological factors....

To believe it is due solely to lazyness and negligence is about as retarded as AIDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueVenom01

Established Member
IF you cant seeyour balls unless you bend over and look at the mirrior from between your legs. You should prolly kill yourself becuase no diet will help you

and if you can see your balls, YOU have much "smaller" problems than needing to go on a diet. :poke:

i personally cannot see mine due to an elongated muscle dangling in the way...and i don't have gut either.

OP - lots of cardio first to burn off the fat. then focus on cutting up the abs.

Wintermute

Banned
and if you can see your balls, YOU have much "smaller" problems than needing to go on a diet. :poke:

i personally cannot see mine due to an elongated muscle dangling in the way...and i don't have gut either.

OP - lots of cardio first to burn off the fat. then focus on cutting up the abs.

Wow you must have gerbil-balls. Even with the huge Johnson in the way I can clearly see my man-sized balls on either side.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
Dude you act like you are the only one that knows anything about working out. I understand there are three body types and I understand how the body stores fat and I understand metabolism. But I also know that nearly 100% of the time with diet and excercise you will lose weight. Take "The Biggest Loser" for example. You have some of the fattest people in the country there and in the 7 or 8 seasons there has yet to be anyone on there whose body has refused to react to the training and drop weight. Most people that say they have a genetic issue are just lazy or have no will power. You cant piddle around for 25 minutes at the gym and eat fast food and drink soda everyday and expect to lose weight. Way to many people try to blame genetics instead of looking inside to see what the real problem is.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Wow you must have gerbil-balls. Even with the huge Johnson in the way I can clearly see my man-sized balls on either side.

maybe cuz you have high riders that cling up tight on either side? :shrug:...in which case i can understand your point of view - i on the other hand have the dangling wrecking balls that hang straight below - which would explain my point of view.

Wintermute

Banned
maybe cuz you have high riders that cling up tight on either side? :shrug:...in which case i can understand your point of view - i on the other hand have the dangling wrecking balls that hang straight below - which would explain my point of view.

Yeah maybe cuz its cold up here. On hot days I'm damn near steppin on my bag but thats rare.

Anyway, carry on with the ass-wiping thread.

Users who are viewing this thread