Woman stops a 10 yo's Birthday car parade in her HOA

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Couldn’t make it through the whole video.

I guess I’ll be the odd man out... I must be getting old, but a bunch of cars going through the neighborhood, Revving their shit to the moon and being obnoxious would not rub me the right way. Especially if I wasn’t aware that it was planned out or what the purpose was.

Now, I would not pull a Karen, but still wouldn’t be a fan.

agreed...not a fan of the noise (I have 4 little ones at home that nap etc)...but you just shrug it off and move on and never go Karen....only time I "might" do something (which wouldn't be confrontational in nature), is if it was a habitual. ongoing issue of sorts.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Living in such a small knit neighborhood you have to expect to put up with a small amount of stuff that you wouldn’t otherwise want.
She could have easily bought a house that wasn’t on top of her neighbors.

Machdup1

Established Member
Time for those neighbors to report every crime or code violation the Karen’s make.

When she yells at her kid, call CPS.

Drinking alcohol outside, call the cops.

License plates expired, call the cops.

HOA violations, formal complaint to the board.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I guess I should watch the video.

It is pretty long, but jump to the part when they roll into the neighborhood for the first time. Summary, dad called a group of guys to roll through for his son't 10th birthday being that he couldn't have a party. Notified neighbors prior (you can seem many outside as they pull in) and then a woman blocks the road saying they are peeling out and drag racing which is not good for kids.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And, of course, they WEREN'T drag racing or peeling out. Just revving their engines for the birthday kid.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Couldn’t make it through the whole video.

I guess I’ll be the odd man out... I must be getting old, but a bunch of cars going through the neighborhood, Revving their shit to the moon and being obnoxious would not rub me the right way. Especially if I wasn’t aware that it was planned out or what the purpose was.

Now, I would not pull a Karen, but still wouldn’t be a fan.
Agreed. Had to skip along to get 2 minutes of cringe.

I just think, what if it was a pack of Harleys, Dirt Bikes or Sport Bikes? Maybe some busted up ricer Subarus?

Bunch of late models with muffler deletes revving the shit out of their cars in a neighborhood?

Why not just pull in nicely, surprise the kid and then take him to Mexico?

Also, rookie mistake going BACK after the cops showed up to see what happened. *eyeroll*

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Living in such a small knit neighborhood you have to expect to put up with a small amount of stuff that you wouldn’t otherwise want.
She could have easily bought a house that wasn’t on top of her neighbors.
I see it the other way around.

If you want to act like a hooligan redneck, live out in the country. Moving into an HOA neighborhood, expect lots of Karen's.

Don't expect your neighbors to be cool with you revving your shit, parking in the street, changing your oil in the driveway while blasting death metal, rolling coal etc.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I see it the other way around.

If you want to act like a hooligan redneck, live out in the country. Moving into an HOA neighborhood, expect lots of Karen's.

Don't expect your neighbors to be cool with you revving your shit, parking in the street, changing your oil in the driveway while blasting death metal, rolling coal etc.

I just moved out of a townhouse community, luckily we didn't have any Karen's

Recon

Established Member
She needs to get that massive stick out of her ass. It’s a kid’s birthday and he can’t do anything with his friends or family because of the virus. Props to his dad for thinking of a car drive by at his house. Just let the boy enjoy his birthday ffs.

Pick your poison.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I watched it earlier this week.
I like that dude's videos. No click bait bullshit. All bad ass cars pretty much.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For sure, it was a birthday the 10 year old kid will never forget, and will talk about often when he's older. LOL.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
parking in the street

At least in FL, that's the difference between a gated and non gated community. If it's gated, the HOA controls the roads and can make such rules. If it's non gated, it's a public road and the HOA can't say shit!

...thus I 100% refuse to buy a house here in a gated community. First the HOA fees are triple. Second the gates are worthless and often break, giving them a reason to want to increase the fees to fix it, and then third because you can't part on the street.

Rct851

Established Member
That is a Houston suburb neighborhood so perfectly captured. I’m still not sure that isn’t the front of my neighborhood.

The “karens” around here are ridiculous. For sure she has an “oil wife” sticker on the back of her SUV almost implying her husband is Daniel Plainview or someone when really he just works 90 hours a week painting curbs at the refinery or something.

I’m sure she’s well known on the neighborhood Facebook page.

Users who are viewing this thread